TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shanghai Kid

We Want Matt!

Anyways, when did we figure out it was Edge and confirmed it?

It was reported on PWTorch as Edge, and when Dave Meltzer was talking about it on WOL and LAW, he said it was Edge too. There's been no talk that it's anyone else.

Guest Brian

OK. I want's sure. But I still stand by the fact that Vince is a big enough douche to pull something like that.

If it's true that Matt Hardy was really supposed to be in this match, you'd think they'd pull Edge from it rather than Matt since he's the innocent party in the situation.

This leads me to believe that Matt wasn't scheduled for it in the first place. You can argue that taking Edge out of it wouldn't make sense because of his direction right now, but they could've found something else for him to do at Mania if this is the case.

Guest Rrrsh

I'd say Edge and Benoit are the only guys with legit chances of winning. If there is no Edge, its just a bunch of midcarders and Benoit.

The thing about Matt being in the WM match is the fact that a World Title shot is on the line too. I mean, even though it's probably going to be Benoit or Kane winning it, I still wouldn't believe Matt had a snowballs chance in hell winning this match if he was in it. Since he's jumped to Raw, he's almost been treated as a lower-midcard wrestler (besides his fued with Kane). Even as a casual fan, if Matt were to come back from injury and put in this match, I wouldn't believe he belonged in it.

Guest Rrrsh

WWE hasn't given Jericho a 1-1 Title match since he was champ back in 02.

Kane has been doing nothing vs Snisky for so long. Plus if a face wins, I would imagine HHH will want it someone smaller so he could look big and strong. Since he will have to sell his ass off vs Batista

Shelton has a good thing goin with the IC Strap. I can't see them changing that.

Benoit and Edge both were part of that angle that lead to the title being vacent 4 months ago. Benoit is a recent champ and Edge, altho lost to HBK, has been around the title for a while now.

And what else will Edge do...face Matt Hardy?

Edge and Matt Hardy couldn't work in the same match right now. Just imagine (taking all grudges you have aside for Edge for the sitution.) if Hardy grabbed a chair and just went to town on Edge with it. Probably costing Hardy is job and most likely losing work altogether since he could be considered to bring his personal problems to the ring and not leave them backstage and most likely could cost Edge his career. Secondly removing Edge from the ladder match and replacing him with Hardy would be stupid. What has Hardy done other than losing Lita to Edge to be even considered for a shot at the title? Also for the moment I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy is stuck at home longer right now just until he can let this go and come to work without causing some kind of problem.

Guest Jack Potts

krease had a point a few posts back regarding bringing Matt Hardy back the night of Wrestlemania by having Kane mysteriously injured.

I don't think Vince is the type to NOT exploit an alleged incident like this for financial gain. What if his master plan is to put Kane in the WM Ladder match as a sort of holding pattern until he can figure out if Matt Hardy and Edge can really do business together like professionals?

If they can't, then Kane goes to WM in the Ladder match. If they can, it works great from a storyline AND shoot context. Matt can come out on Raw claiming that he deserves the spot in the match, plus he needs to get his revenge on Kane for putting him on the shelf all those months ago, so he challenges Kane to a match for the Ladder match spot. Matt would go over Kane and go on to WM, causing smarks like us to salivate over the possibility of what might happen between him and Edge. V1 would be vanquishing the man with whom his girlfriend cheated, in the storyline, and moving on to face the man with whom she cheated in real life. That's money, baby!

Unfortunately, that leaves the very deserving Kane in a lurch, but I figure he can open Wrestlemania in a no holds barred hardcore match against Tomko, or have Bischoff book Hassan against him as punishment for Hassan's cockiness. Kane's been a great company man who has played his part to the hilt, no matter how many bizarre permutations it has taken, and he deserves to be in Wrestlemania in some form or another.

Guest Loss

I think whoever wins the ladder match at WM will be drafted to Smackdown, which means it won't be Edge, since Lita has to stay on RAW and it won't be Benjamin, because the IC champ won't be drafted to another show. Giving Christian the win would do a lot to separate him from the midcard pack, giving Benoit the win would be meaningless unless they really want to push him to the top and keep him there, ditto for Jericho and Kane winning would be all wrong because it would be a big guy dominating all these smaller, better workers.

It's too bad they don't have Heyman or Russo around who would actually book this into a fun pseudo-shoot.

WWE has whittled its fanbase down to the hardcore fans who are going to read the net, or have friends who read the net.

The only real problem with turning it into an angle is you have to get Kane out of the equation.

Guest Trivia247

talk about awkward Lita coming out to a chorus of Boos..

we have just gone tooo far

Guest Trivia247
If it was say...I dunno, Batista cheating on his wife with fairly IWC loved diva Molly Holly would the backlash be as big? Or, so it seems a little more relevant..if Undertaker cheated with Miss Jackie, who's engaged to Charlie Haas (Although that's a bad case as I'm trying to think of someone the IWC likes, but you get the point).

Lita has been a slut all her life. Molly hasn't.

On the Batista thing, he wouldn't dare cheat on his wife, cuz his wife could break him, hell She Broke his Tricep just holding his hand for god sake.

This whole thing is just fun, the fans are going to Shit all over Lita on TV for months to come, and Matt is going to be Uber-Over (albeit for the wrong reasons) when he gets back....just desserts I suppose.

Not if Matt's character keeps being the gigantic pussy it was in the Kane feud...and when he announced it on his site...

People don't cheer for pussies for very long.

I love how everyone acts like Lita is a 100% Grade A slut because of some shit they've read. It's funny.

Her saying some shit in her book? That's one thing...but where'd all this Omega locker room and ECW locker room shit come from? Credible sources like...Danny Doring posting on the internet? Come the fuck on.

I couldn't agree more ... the last time we all had a "Lita's a slut" thread (about 3 fucking weeks ago) I tried to put it in perspective by trying to start a "Vince was born a hermaphrodite" rumor. Sadly, it didn't take off.

If it's true that Matt Hardy was really supposed to be in this match, you'd think they'd pull Edge from it rather than Matt since he's the innocent party in the situation.
Not if the whole "winner gets a title shot" is an excuse to give Edge a feud with Batista. If Batista is winning, he'll need a heel to feud with after WM. And Edge is a good a choice as any. In kayfabe terms, though, he's not deserving of a title shot since he's blown it repeatedly. So, have him win the ladder match and ~presto~ instant excuse for a title shot.

People don't cheer for pussies for very long.
A pussy will always get at least a quiet cheer out of me.

Guest Trivia247

There are few things of note that is of interest.

First I never read the Hardy site nor did I much care of the weekly progress of said relationship with Lita.

I don't jump on the Lita is a Slut bandwagon due to the fact I don't listen to rumors on whatever she did in ECW or at the Funkin Dojo or whereever us the rumors take her. The events centering around the current bullshit of her breakup with Matt and cheating with Edge is the confirmable info. and if anyone wants to label Slut over it then whatever.

But I think the best thing about this whole thing is this Really shows us how we in the IWC are truly something that effects the product in very limited ways..

We were the ones that dug this up read the sites and put the two and two together.. And im sure many of us who are online were at raw. The signs told it, the boos at Lita and the Chants for Matt told it. That wasn't some planned canned chant that got started because the directors want to herd what they consider the mob mantality of the Audience fanbase in one direction or another. they heard from us, or heard from themselves whom are apart of us of what was going on and made it quite vocal of their opinions..

That was the awesome thing. This will force changes in character dynamics, angles will die over this. We probably won't hear about Lita & Kane in a storyline again much less any storyline with her or Edge (lest the WWE want to really tempt some fate which they have been known to do)

There are few things of note that is of interest.

First I never read the Hardy site nor did I much care of the weekly progress of said relationship with Lita.

I don't jump on the Lita is a Slut bandwagon due to the fact I don't listen to rumors on whatever she did in ECW or at the Funkin Dojo or whereever us the rumors take her. The events centering around the current bullshit of her breakup with Matt and cheating with Edge is the confirmable info. and if anyone wants to label Slut over it then whatever.

But I think the best thing about this whole thing is this Really shows us how we in the IWC are truly something that effects the product in very limited ways..

We were the ones that dug this up read the sites and put the two and two together.. And im sure many of us who are online were at raw. The signs told it, the boos at Lita and the Chants for Matt told it. That wasn't some planned canned chant that got started because the directors want to herd what they consider the mob mantality of the Audience fanbase in one direction or another. they heard from us, or heard from themselves whom are apart of us of what was going on and made it quite vocal of their opinions..

That was the awesome thing. This will force changes in character dynamics, angles will die over this. We probably won't hear about Lita & Kane in a storyline again much less any storyline with her or Edge (lest the WWE want to really tempt some fate which they have been known to do)

see also Brock v. Goldberg, WMXX

It wasn't like the whole crowd was chanting though. Only a select section or so..

You could even clearly see, a lot of the people were looking around as the chants went on like 'WTF?'.

I cannot believe that this company does not have the guts to have a legitimate fight. I think Edge could win it.

Matt's fighting for pride. (But not PRIDE fighting.) Matt would beat the shit out of Edge.

Yeah, I agree. Matt would be much angrier than Edge. Hell, Edge would probably be backing off from a fight. Would you want to fight your former good friend after you slept with his girlfriend of 5 years? Yikes. Unless the guy is Spike, I have a feeling not too many people wouldn't back off.

I cannot believe that this company does not have the guts to have a legitimate fight. I think Edge could win it.

Matt's fighting for pride. (But not PRIDE fighting.) Matt would beat the shit out of Edge.

Yeah, I agree. Matt would be much angrier than Edge. Hell, Edge would probably be backing off from a fight. Would you want to fight your former good friend after you slept with his girlfriend of 5 years?

No. But I would like to sleep with my former good friend's ex-girlfriend.

Vince is playing with some hot fire here.

If this debacle is revealed as a work then expect Vince to lose a large chunk of his already dwindling audience. Matt, Edge and Lita are all *very* popular and have some of the larger fanbases around in the WWE. Practically everyone owns a computer today, including many wrestling fans, who happen to be fanactis for the people mentioned above, and if they get burned with such a callous and malicious angle meant to milk that fanbase then Vince might have just set his company back for years.

Matt Hardy.

Edge.

Lita.

Hardy has an online fanbase that is heavily devoted to him. Lita is one of the more well-known WWE divas and the pops she has gotten have always been some of the loudest on RAW. Edge is also very popular but not nearly as much as the two (former) lovers.

This could be WCW levels of kayfabe-shoot nonsense. Except, the WWE is fucking around with some real fire with this type of situation.

I doubt this is a work since this is just *too* elaborate and creative for the WWE powers to come up with. Plus, Vince has never really tried to go the con route with fans like Vince Russo and Kevin Nash have tried before via the internet. Vince doesn't like his workers checking out online dirtsheet stuff and I just don't see him trying to work fans online like this. He likes spewing his lies about history on TV where he can see himself giving the WWE side of the story. This story just doesn't fit that shoe.

But, damn, this could have some serious backlash for the WWE if this mess is revealed to only be a work.

Guest Rrrsh
WWE hasn't given Jericho a 1-1 Title match since he was champ back in 02.

He faced Goldberg in 2003

I meant at a PPV. My mistake.