TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rrrsh

The good streak of WM 21 Promo's has ended

Guest Rrrsh

That sucked ass. Taker is juts an abortion as an actor.

Hopefully they have 1 or 2 more left. That would be a shitty way to end it.

Worse yet it had absolutely zero to do with Wrestlemania.

All of the other promos - they had something to do with the PPV...or wrestling. Mentioned it, made wrestling references, etc.

This was just Taker literally doing a scene from a Dirty Harry flick, and doing it very poorly.

Just awful.

It's strange when the Undertaker, isn't being the Undertaker.

They also did the wrong "Do you feel lucky punk" scene. The one everyone remembers was at the end of the movie.

I'm pretty sure that was a *wink wink* *nudge nudge* reference, as the Undertaker gimmick was modeled after the old Undertakers in Clint Eastwood Westerns. That's where Patt Patterson originally got the idea for the character.

This and the Pulp Fiction one have been the worst so far, although I didn't think it was that bad

Guest Trivia247

none of the WM promos were Jewels of acting greatness...

so im just seeing this as an excuse for Taker haters to Hate.

sad people

I'm pretty sure that was a *wink wink* *nudge nudge* reference, as the Undertaker gimmick was modeled after the old Undertakers in Clint Eastwood Westerns.  That's where Patt Patterson originally got the idea for the character.

I got that, but the spot just didn't work for me, and honestly how many people are even going to make that connection? His character makes more sense in a western context, and like someone said he's not a guy who should be breaking character.

Something from GBU, Josie Wales or High Plains Drifter would have had the same effect, and been more in line with Taker's character.

Guest Shadow

who are the big names yet to do a spoof?

Kane

The Big Show

Batistia

Randy Orton

Trish Stratus

McMahon Family

It wasn't so much Taker's fault though. He just literally did Dirty Harry with no spin on it to conform to WWE storylines. Cena/JBL at least did a storyline spin on Few Good Men and it was fun. With UT they just had him do the exact scene from Dirty Harry, I'm not sure what they were going for.

Sorry, but as bad as the Taker one was (and it was pretty damn bad), nothing was worse than the HHH one. Poor pacing, half-assed performances, and too much exceeding of the fourth wall. Just a bad idea all around.

Guest Rrrsh
none of the WM promos were Jewels of acting greatness...

so im just seeing this as an excuse for Taker haters to Hate.

sad people

No, Taker is a bad actor.

And since this wasn't funny, it had to be a good acting job for it too be good. JBL and Cena were very good at acting The rest were funny. Taker sucked ass.

Sorry, but as bad as the Taker one was (and it was pretty damn bad), nothing was worse than the HHH one. Poor pacing, half-assed performances, and too much exceeding of the fourth wall. Just a bad idea all around.

Oh relax. That was funny

Guest Sturgis

Here's a good one:

Eddie Guerrero and Joy Giovanni re-anactig the infamous cutting of the dress scene in The Mask of Zorro.