TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dpac

Online Texas Hold'em

I was looking to dl a Poker game, but I did not want one that came along with a bunch of hidden spyware and what not. Anyone here play online? If so what do you use.

I use Paradise Poker, as I like how they are set up. I like the rnage in tourneys they have also. The only reason I would think about using Party Poker for is their Bad Beat tables, but I seem to get my ass kciked on those, and those alone for some reason.

I use Party Poker, of course no matter what you use there will always be mutherfuckers goin all in on every hand.

If you have 50 dollars, I'd recommend playing for real money.

I would reccomend AGAINST playing for real money, at the very least until you examine the fine print of the financial institution whose card you wish to draw money from.

Many banks and credit companies refuse to give money to online gambling. Just the other day on another board I found someone complaining because CitiBank won't let him play poker. Interested, I looked at the Terms booklet for my bank, US Bank, and found much the same thing.

Guest Coffey

Another vote for Pokerroom.com

It gets updated regularly, and it's really popular. Plus it focuses more on the card play than it does with stupid shit like setting your face to show you're on tilt and ignorance like that.

I don't get online poker. The game boils down to reading people and figuring them out, not "the best hand wins" which is pretty much what's online.

Nah, you can still read people based on how they bet, which is where you get the majority of your reads in a live game anyway. The number of hands where you get a real tell based on a facial expression or something is really miniscule, unless the people you're playing with are just terrible.

I would reccomend AGAINST playing for real money, at the very least until you examine the fine print of the financial institution whose card you wish to draw money from.

Many banks and credit companies refuse to give money to online gambling. Just the other day on another board I found someone complaining because CitiBank won't let him play poker. Interested, I looked at the Terms booklet for my bank, US Bank, and found much the same thing.

There is a simple way around this. If you have a checking acct you can set up a user acct with a service like Firepay. You can withdraw money from them for a minimal fee. Its really easy. That is what I use because my Debt card wont allow me to put money on a gambling or gaming site.

When I play I typically use PartyPoker or PokerStars