TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Thomas Haden Church cast as villain for Spider-Man

What is the Sandman's power again?

He can wrestle while he's drunk.

I couldn't help myself.

So X-Men is this year and Spider Man is next year. I wonder if they will ever do a crossover movie. It takes so long to do these movies and in the comics, it is only a matter of months. I like the Spider Man movies more than the X-Men movies.

He can wrestle while he's drunk.

I couldn't help myself.

So X-Men is this year and Spider Man is next year. I wonder if they will ever do a crossover movie. It takes so long to do these movies and in the comics, it is only a matter of months. I like the Spider Man movies more than the X-Men movies.

I remember when they were talking about Superman vs. Batman a few years ago, but when that fell through we got the excellent Batman Begins.

Superman/Batman is certainly possible since its Warner Brothers. The others are done by different studios I believe. The tones are too different I think, although it would be awesome to see a live action Avengers.

He's kinda like the T-1000 in T-2 only sand instead of liquid metal

Yeah, except the T-1000 probably could have beaten a vacuum cleaner. I'm not trying to be cute, in his first appearance Spider-man seriously beat Sandman by hoovering him up with a household vacuum cleaner.

He's kinda like the T-1000 in T-2 only sand instead of liquid metal

Yeah, except the T-1000 probably could have beaten a vacuum cleaner. I'm not trying to be cute, in his first appearance Spider-man seriously beat Sandman by hoovering him up with a household vacuum cleaner.

Crafty villian that Sandman. Why didn't they use Mysterio or Chameleon again? Unless he's being held for part 3 to be the ultimate Spiderman mind-screw, I think they are missing a huge chance with him.

Guest NYankees

I was just watching Spider-Man 1 today and Spiderman was fighting a bunch of thugs in front of Mary Jane with his mask off. How in the world did she not know that Peter Parker was Spiderman???

It was dark and raining and that alley was very badly lighted, so in all the hoopla I'm sure neither MJ nor the thugs could make out Peter's face.

Or I could say that it was just a movie device used to show that Tobey McGuire was actually himself capable of performing action scenes as Spider-Man, but I'll go with my first answer.

Guest NYankees

It's just that Mary Jane was about 5 feet away tops watching the whole fight.

It was dark and raining and that alley was very badly lighted, so in all the hoopla I'm sure neither MJ nor the thugs could make out Peter's face.

Or I could say that it was just a movie device used to show that Tobey McGuire was actually himself capable of performing action scenes as Spider-Man, but I'll go with my first answer.

Is this the upside down kiss scene? It's the only rainy-alleyway fight with Mary-Jane present that I can remember and I could've sworn he had his mask on for that...

Is this the upside down kiss scene? It's the only rainy-alleyway fight with Mary-Jane present that I can remember and I could've sworn he had his mask on for that...

he had his mask off when he was fighting the baddies...he scooted out of there when the fight was over as she was closing in on him and then he came back down for said scene with the mask on.

Thought I'd bump this thread with some new pictures of Topher and Bryce Howard (w/ padding):

brock8td.jpg

155476619_3e4a16315d.jpg

bdh4.jpg

238943743xh.jpg

That Opie sure does breed well.

Initially I was pissed that Topher was Venom, but as the "Evil Spidey" debate has unravelled. I dig it more and more. This should be a great film.

Superherohype.com is reporting that Bruce Campbell's cameo may be as a fourth "villain" (read the story to see why I put that in quotes other than the fact it's a cameo) in the third movie...

Beware of Spoilers ahead...

Their page: http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=4846

Their source: http://filmick.blogspot.com/2006/10/deeper...ider-man-3.html

Superherohype.com is reporting that Bruce Campbell's cameo may be as a fourth "villain" (read the story to see why I put that in quotes other than the fact it's a cameo) in the third movie...

That'd be kinda funny. But I doubt it will happen.

You know, that's actually lame and cool all at the same time. I wouldn't expect anything less from Sam.

I think it would be neat to have a cameo like that, before he became a villain, for those fans who'd recognize the name.

Here is the question though, that needs to be answered.

Is Bruce Campbell playing Quentin Beck or is he playing "Bruce Campbell as Quentin Beck"?

Which is it? Is his character named Quentin Beck or is he just Bruce Campbell playing a role of Quentin Beck in a movie. If it's Campbell playing Quentin Beck meaning he'll be a star in four, great, not as lame anymore.

Well, it can also be answered in three pretty quickly. If Sam walks up to him and calls him Bruce, I think that pretty much ends the speculation.