TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Nicknames that never caught on

Dude Love called Austin the "Ice Man" during the summer of '97 during their tag title reign. It lasted all of two episodes of Raw.

Can you think of any others?

Bionic Redneck. Might have caught on a little. I remember no one saying it except Jim Ross, and Austin had it on his vest a few times maybe. I laughed every time I heard it. Another gem from JR: Booger Red.

God Damn JR I Hate him

Wrestlemania X-8 Flair vs TAker

JR: Damn Undertaker..That damn booger red.

Jerry Lawler: I've been meaning to ask you JR, what is booger red?

JR: eeehhh....I'll tell ya tomorrow.

Scum anybody.

DDP

DDP actually put up a poll for a way to incorporate "Scum" with Bret Hart on his website. I'm sure there were plenty of "Hitscum" nominations but in the end it was the usual Bret "Scum" Hart

Also, they tried to force "Hip Hop Hippo" down everyone's throats with Albert.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Eric B called Nash "The Corporate Giant" in Jan/Feb of 99 in order to prevent Vince from using that name for Paul Wight, as that was the rumor going around

"Superstar" Scott Steiner, which he briefly went by after the heel turn, as well as "White Thunder". Unless it was copyrighted, they should have stayed with that. It was certainly better than "Big Poppa Pump", "Big Bad Booty Daddy, or "Freakzilla." His gimmick was a complete rip off of Billy Graham down to every last drop of Dianabol anyway, he might as well of stolen the name aswell.

Guest LooneyTune
Christian being a "CLB". I know J.R. wasn't the first one to start calling him that, but it seems that for months afterwords he was the only one calling him a CLB.

I think it qualifies as being over since the crowd chants it every match (when they aren't dead, that is).

Christian being a "CLB". I know J.R. wasn't the first one to start calling him that, but it seems that for months afterwords he was the only one calling him a CLB.

I think it qualifies as being over since the crowd chants it every match (when they aren't dead, that is).

Really? I seriously only remember it being chanted loudly once, and I distinctly remember being a match against Jericho.

Guest LooneyTune

I could've sworn it was chanted a few times over the last month, with 1 being a Kane match (the handicap match I think).

Yeah, but Austin firts called it it in 2003 and it never really got over despite both Austin and JR saying it all the time unitl Jericho said it in a pre-match interview and it was really only over for that match. Even JR seems to have given up and started calling him the vastly superior "Captain Charisma."

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Okay I wasn't able to watch RAW for a 2-3 year period. What did CLB stand for?

Creepy Little Bastard.

I just remember for what seemed like months it was JR and Austin calling him that and nobody else would seem to catch onto it. (Thanks for reminding me, I forgot for a while Austin started it)

Creepy Little Bastard.

I just remember for what seemed like months it was JR and Austin calling him that and nobody else would seem to catch onto it. (Thanks for reminding me, I forgot for a while Austin started it)

Chris Jericho tried to revive it in their feud last year.

What is with Austin and Christian? Apparantly Austin's "WHAT?!" comes from a rambling message Austin left on Christian's voice mail

Steve

Creepy Little Bastard.

Chris Jericho tried to revive it in their feud last year.

What is with Austin and Christian? Apparantly Austin's "WHAT?!" comes from a rambling message Austin left on Christian's voice mail

Steve

Christian, Edge and Austin always pranked each other backstage apparently. I remember either Edge or Christian (or both) doing an interview and mentioning a "don't look at me" game. It seemed like stupid way to pass time I guess.

Guest LooneyTune
Another fave of mine . . .

"The Real" Brock Lesnar.

:throwup: When was this?

Guest LooneyTune

When you're stealing white rappers lines from 5 years ago, thats a sign you've ran out of creative names.

I think they only used it for a couple weeks to demonstrate that Brock was a true heel and the face stuff that he did from late 02 until the turn wasn't who he really was. It wasn't that bad. It wasn't any worse than "The Next Big Thing," anyway.