TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Nicknames that never caught on

Guest dreamer420

"The One" Billy Gunn

I never understood what that was supposed to mean.

Rhino- "The Big Fuckin' Deal".  i really liked this one for some reason.

Yep. Me too. I'd have bought that shirt for sure. He was hands down the best heel in wrestling at the time except for HHH.

I dont think that Chris Jerichos, Allotolah Of Rock & Rolla never really caught on.

Guest LooneyTune
"The One" Billy Gunn

I think they wanted to get away from Mr. Ass. I'm sure a lot of fun could be made from it though, like when Show and Gunn insulted each others nicknames.

The One Billy Gunn is still better then "Rockabilly" though.

Guest BDC
"The One" Billy Gunn

I think they wanted to get away from Mr. Ass. I'm sure a lot of fun could be made from it though, like when Show and Gunn insulted each others nicknames.

"Why not order some bitchcakes?"

Chris Jericho has like 100 nicknames that didn't stick. He used to come up with them on a weekly basis, for him or for others, it seemed.

Ah yes, my favorite of which being "The Paragon of Virtue".

Damn, I miss Jericho's WCW persona.

"The One" Billy Gunn

They were trying to capitalize on the popularity of The Matrix, I would guess by pinching a name from them. Neo was "The One"

EDIT: That is the first time I've used the spoiler tags, I was curious if they worked right.

He's pretty bad in WWE too.

-Allatolah Of Rock & Rolla (both WCW and WWE)

-King of the World

-King of Bling Bling

-Y2J (the one that really stuck, obviously)

-Highlight of the Night

-Sexy Beast

Guest LooneyTune

When was Jericho King of Bling Bling, and does that sound like a good nickname period?

He was also "The Living Legend" shortly after becoming Undisputed Champion.

Yeah, the "larger than life living legend" until Larry Z (I'm not going to try to spell his last name) sued and he had to drop the "living legend" part.

He was also "One Bad Mamma Jamma".

Was that WWE? I could of swore that was WCW.

The only time I remember him saying that was when he challenged Stevie Ray for the TV Title citing he was from the "Mean streets of Calgary, Alberta, Canada!"

I still remember Jericho playing off of his whole "Ayatollah" deal. I think it was before a match with Crash Holly, but he cut a pre-match promo. He said something about bowling, or something and said then said that after tonight he'd be "The Ayatollah Of Rock And Bowl-aaah!"

Vitamin C never really stuck for him and Christian, either.

jericho just touched on that ayatollah stuff on byte this last week. He said that he wanted a hsirt amde with it, but wwe didnt think it was over, but they ddi a poll on wwe.com and had a few designs for shirts and the overwhelming choice was for the ayatollah one. interesting

and billy gunns first name after he lost the mr ass was Billy G. so the one was an improvement

of course I used to refer to Billy at the time as "The One(Who Sucks)"

I seem to recall Billy Gunn debuting a new Mr. Ass shirt the very day he lost the name. It said "24k Ass". I love terrible wrestling shirts and wish I had that one.

I seem to recall Billy Gunn debuting a new Mr. Ass shirt the very day he lost the name. It said "24k Ass". I love terrible wrestling shirts and wish I had that one.

I dont think it was new, but I may be wrong. But billy was injured from feb-octoberish 2000 so who knows

Jericho also had 'The Last Survivor of the Hart Family Dungeon' in ECW, pretty much a Joey Styles thing, and 'The Man of 1004 Holds' in WCW due to his feud with Malenko.

On the McMahon Helmsley Faction/Regime, I'm tempted to say one was before the addition of Vince and one was after, but I don't think there was ever much difference. It was also called the McMahon-Helmsley Facgime a few times.

Facgime was just a joke because Edge and Christian didn't know the difference, I thought. It wasn't an official name on the chyron or anytihng

Yep on a June 2000 sd.

e and c backstage (this is not verbatim but pretty close)

Edge: If we beat the dudleys tonight we will so be in the good graces of the Faction

Christian: I thought they were called the regime?

Edge:Faction

Christian: Regime

Edge: Faction

Chrisitan: Regime

Edge: Ok lets just compromise and call them the facgime

Christian: Yea we are so working for the facgime tonight

Id assume this was a knock on the fact that they kept changing the name of that alliance (speaking of which the alliance circa 01 was originally called the coallition until around summerslam)