TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
converge241

Fever Pitch

seeiing it tonight..cant wait

looks great (based ont he sunject matter of the sox of course) hopefully its better than the last couple Farrelly Brothers' movies which were a tad disapointing IMO

I still don't like that they changed everything b/c of the Sox run last year. I know they kind of had to and all but it totally kills the movie for me since Fallon getting the girl and his team winning is stupid.

I also wish they had chosen an actual Red Sox fan for the role. I know a lot of Sox fans who are pissed Jimmy got the part and got to be on the field.

I'll still go see it out of loyalty to Jimmy and all that but I don't have high expectations for it.

I don't think Jimmy is officially a Sox fan or anything- he just plays one in the movie.

He claims to be a big fan now ... of course, his two favorite teams before the Sox were the Yankees and Mets.

I actually think Jimmy is an underrated comedian. When he is focused and has material to work with, he does just fine, and he's naturally funny, something the roster on SNL these days lacks considerably. I'm going to try and see this next week.

I bet he got the role, due to his sketches on snl as the boston kid with ratchel dratch.

Actually this movie looks funny. I might want to see it a bit, even if it is about the hated red sox

The only thing I enjoyed from the preview is Drey Barrymore getting hit in the face by a foul ball.

To me, this is just another Celtic Pride.

Fortunately, I won't be wasting my time on this piece of crap.

And that's from a Sox fan in Boston.

I actually think Jimmy is an underrated comedian. When he is focused and has material to work with, he does just fine, and he's naturally funny, something the roster on SNL these days lacks considerably. I'm going to try and see this next week.

Agreed. Jimmy is very underrated. Too many write him off because teenage girls think he's hot and b/c of the skits where he laughed with Horatio.

When he wanted to be, Jimmy was one of the funniest castmembers on SNL

I don't think Jimmy is officially a Sox fan or anything- he just plays one in the movie.

"I was never really serious with one team. I was into the Mets because my Dad worked at IBM where he got free Mets tickets, so I was into the Mets ... then I got to "Saturday Night Live" where my boss has unbelievable N.Y. Yankees tickets, so he invites us to the games. I'm going to all the games, so I might as well root for the team I'm gonna go sit with. I became a Yankees fan for a few years. But now, I gotta say, I'm really rooting for the Red Sox."

seeing Jimmy on Leno last night, it didn't seem like he knew that much about baseball at all, doesn't seem like anything more than a casual fan. I've never heard he liked wrestling though. The only celeb that I know for certain is REALLY into wrestling is Andy Richter, he even subscribes to the sheets. Wonder how many celebs are closet fans of wrestling?

I still don't like that they changed everything b/c of the Sox run last year. I know they kind of had to and all but it totally kills the movie for me since Fallon getting the girl and his team winning is stupid.

I also wish they had chosen an actual Red Sox fan for the role.

Okay then let's put Ben fucking Affleck in it would that make you happy

I bet he got the role, due to his sketches on snl as the boston kid with ratchel dratch.

You mean the ones where he pretends that people around here actually still say "pissah" even though no one actually does?

I'm sorry but I'm so sick of that guy
Don't be sorry, Czech. You are far from the only one.

I also wish they had chosen an actual Red Sox fan for the role.

Okay then let's put Ben fucking Affleck in it would that make you happy

Imagine if they made a movie about Isaac Newton, but people objected because the actor couldn't do calculus.

Imagine if they made a movie about Isaac Newton, but people objected because the actor couldn't do calculus.

That comparison makes no sense.

I would rather see an actual Sox fan play the role then Jimmy. And I think Ben Affleck is great at comedy so I think he would've been awesome here.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Who the fuck would make a movie about the Boston Red Sox?

I hope this shit BOMBS.

Yes, I'm still a pissed off Yankee fan.

Guest Shadow
seeing Jimmy on Leno last night, it didn't seem like he knew that much about baseball at all, doesn't seem like anything more than a casual fan. I've never heard he liked wrestling though. The only celeb that I know for certain is REALLY into wrestling is Andy Richter, he even subscribes to the sheets. Wonder how many celebs are closet fans of wrestling?

I know that Sean Casey and Danny Graves of the Reds are major fans and that they even were involvedin The Pillman memorial a few years back. Casey regularlly uses Wolfpac theme as his music, casey admited he tapes every raw and smackdown and ppv's when he's playing and that in 1999 half the team were regularly watching raw together.

do they count as celebs?

I know that Sean Casey and Danny Graves of the Reds are major fans and that they even were involvedin The Pillman memorial a few years back. Casey regularlly uses Wolfpac theme as his music, casey admited he tapes every raw and smackdown and ppv's when he's playing and that in 1999 half the team were regularly watching raw together.

do they count as celebs?

Thats odd, cause isnt Sean Casey Mr. Born-Again?

Guest Shadow

I'm not sure about his beliefs but he's generally the nicest guy who ever played baseball. He's a hardcore smark who suscribes to the torch and observer.

I love the Cincinatti Reds, I was at that Pillman show with Casey & Graves

If anyone cares Ebert & Roeper gave the film 2 big thumbs up, I may go see the snaek tonight, depending on what film it's showing with.

Jason Giamib usually has the wolfpac theme palyed at yankee stadium. I remember the last time I was in NY at the stadium they played it and the fans were flipping the wolfpac/clique hand sign out