TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest unleashedfury

If there ever was an Elvis Presley biopic.....

Guest unleashedfury

I just bought a DVD of "Ray" after all the praise for Jamie Foxx's portrayal of Ray Charles and also because I'm a sucker for good Musical. I swear I watched it 5 times now and I couldn't take my eyes off Foxx. This amazing piece of acting got me thinking...........Isn't it about time they make a biopic about Elvis Presley?

I mean think about it. The good news is that it is a guarenteed box office blockbuster but I don't know if there is anyone in Hollywood who can portray him the way Jamie Foxx did with Ray.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Guest unleashedfury

Come on guys, forget about TV related films. I am talking about a theatrical movie about his live. Think about all the media talk and anticipation. I bet it will rival "Forrest Gump" for the most financially successful biopic of all time.

Come on guys, forget about TV related films. I am talking about a theatrical movie about his live. Think about all the media talk and anticipation. I bet it will rival "Forrest Gump" for the most financially successful biopic of all time.

I doubt that many people would give that much of a shit about elvis. It wouldn't fuck with the Gumpish numbers.

Guest unleashedfury
You do know Forrest Gump wasn't a real person.

of course I do. Ok, well may be it won't be as big but it will definitely spread enormous anticipation and curiosity among the masses. They just need to do it the right way.

See the thing is, there isn't much about Elvis that most people don't know. Too many TV movies and such to tell everything. I don't think enough people would give a shit. i personally don't think it would do Ray numbers.

of course I do. Ok, well may be it won't be as big but it will definitely spread enormous anticipation and curiosity among the masses. They just need to do it the right way.

I wouldn't anticipate it or be curious at all. Fuck Elvis.

I bet it will rival "Forrest Gump" for the most financially successful biopic of all time.

of course I do.

Do you understand what a biopic is, then?

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Only if Elvis is portrayed as he really was... the paranoid , drugged out hermit who was unwillingly pulled away from doing what he loved (Live music) to make a series of mindless movies , which again he hated, as Elvis wanted to be a serious actor.

- Highlights of the Films (All Actual Elvis stories)

^ Elvis decides he wants the simplicity of a farm to live, so he buys 100's of acres and buys all kinds of modern tractors, wagons and other machinery...after dropping 100,000's on that venture, Elvis abruptly decided to let the farm rot

^ Elvis was bored so he told the Memphis Mafia to buy a bunch of BB guns, and toy boats, he then started to drive the boats in his pool as they picked off the boats with BB's one by one

^Elvis slept with a 17 year old (He made all his woman wear clothes to bed because he felt it improper to sleep with a naked woman) anywho the 17 year old OD's on Elvis drugs.... The King does the same and both go into a coma/ near Coma. The memphis mafia finds them in bed turning blue and call a private doctor, and shoot Elvis and her up with some sort of drug to wake them up. Elvis, used to the drug use does revive, and the girl is slow to respond. Fearing her death, the Mafia choose one of their single members to take the rap for Elvis should the girl die. After hours and hours pass (over a day?) The girl comes around, and they take her home.... Her mother hears the horror of her daughter nearly dying, but instead of pressing charges on Elvis for statutory rape, the drugs and endangerment, she is thrilled that Elvis chose her daughter to be his cum depository, and Elvis goes free.

^ Elvis was nearing bankruptcy sevearl times due to his crazy spending. One time he was on a pickup truck kick and bought all his family brand new trucks, then his friends, then random people he met and liked....finally one day Elvis called the Mafia to the front lawn of Graceland and presented them all with their 2nd or 3rd new truck. One of the mafia spoke up and said "We really don't need more trucks..." Elivis was not discouraged, as he just grabbed a black lady whom happened to be walking by graceland's gates, and gave her a truck.

The "Elvis impersonator" has become too much of a cheesy cliche to be taken seriously. I think audiences would dismiss the idea just because of that. Maybe it will work someday, who knows.

Yeah, Elvis Presley ain't SHIT compared to Jim Morrison and Axl Rose.

I bet it will rival "Forrest Gump" for the most financially successful biopic of all time.

of course I do.

Do you understand what a biopic is, then?

lol

I was reading movie reviews in some local newspaper, and there was one about that one Chuck Barris biopic, it was subtitled something or other with "The Unauthorized Autobiography" in it. And the reviewer was like "because this is an unauthorized autobiography, it is hard to ensure the veracity of this movie." WHOOSH

Frank Nabbit explains quite adequately why an Elvis biopic could work.

You say people "know everything about Elvis", but they don't. Elvis was into, and did, some weird and crazy shit in his day, some of which is compelling in its absurdity.

I don't know if a dramatic biopic would work, but hell, if they made one as a comedy, they could have something. How I'd love to see the "Hamburger James" story played out on the big screen.

It's about time somebody said it.

On a related note, Elvis's full leather suit look he wore in his 1968 comeback special was stolen from Jim Morrison.

It's about time somebody said it.

On a related note, Elvis's full leather suit look he wore in his 1968 comeback special was stolen from Jim Morrison.

Yep and Elvis ripped off the die-in-a-bathroom thing from Morrison too. Why if I didn't know better, I'd say Jim Morrison was the most influential rock and roll musician of all time.

As has been previously said, so many tell all biographies, and shocking tabloid stories have been done about Elvis over the years, that there's really no way to keep it interesting without being completely over the top wacky, and still be somewhat accurate.

Yeah Axl Rose ;) :lol: ... Presley is the godfather of rock n'roll, even Morrison was a huge fan of him. I do not like Elvis more than that but you need to be objective

Yeah Axl Rose ;) :lol: ... Presley is the godfather of rock n'roll, even Morrison was a huge fan of him. I do not like Elvis more than that but you need to be objective

sarcasm