TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Battlestar Galactica

Damn good show tonight. Hope to see Tigh back in the CIC next week.

OF course, now you know somebody is going to use this against Adama later on in the season, or the Cylons will broadcast teh fact that Bill pretty much started the war.

Maybe it is the jaded Star Trek fan in me but the previews of this ep. didn't do it justice. It looked like a throwaway place holder episode and it turns out to be a really important one that changed the roots of the show.

Awesome.

Funny thing the preview of the next ep. looks the same way so hopefully they will exceed my expectations again. I am really getting into this show.

Maybe it is the jaded Star Trek fan in me but the previews of this ep. didn't do it justice. It looked like a throwaway place holder episode and it turns out to be a really important one that changed the roots of the show.

Awesome.

Funny thing the preview of the next ep. looks the same way so hopefully they will exceed my expectations again. I am really getting into this show.

Sci-fi SUCKS at previews, to the point that I basically disregard them. I learned that when the previews for almost all of Atlantis' and SG-1's episodes last year made every episode look like a stupid, throw-away episode.

A few of the things bothered me about this week's show:

-Adama being sent to Galactica as his retirement just doesn't ring true for me. He seemed pretty emotionally connected to the ship during the miniseries for it to be a recent acquisition for him (in contiuity, we're a little more than 2 years removed from the miniseries, so Adama would have been Galactica's commander for only about year when the Cylon's attacked).

-The writers seem to have forgotten that Adama spent quite a few years out of the service.

-D'Anna, Six, and Baltar have a big sweaty 3-way and all we get to see is D'Anna crawling out of bed? Boo!!!! I DEMAND DELETED SCENES!!!!!

Missed the boxing Ep (power outages in St. Louis), but I saw Passage this week. A good episode that addressed an issue that I'm surprised was never brought up before- the food situation in the fleet. And while I hate that they keep killing off the minor characters, it does add a sense of realism- not everybody will live through this.

I saw it last night at the Tivoli, our local art house theater. Galactica rocked on the big screen.

And may I say that Dean Stockwell is the best part of this show now? Him and the Chief.

January 02 2007) - Moving a show to Sunday nights might at first glance appear to be an act of desperation, but SciFi Channel is expected to officially give the greenlight to a fourth season of "Battlestar Galactica," possibly even before the show makes its Sunday night debut on Jan. 21.

The "Battlestar Galactica" prequel spinoff "Caprica," however, may not be getting the same good news.

"Anyone expecting to see 'Caprica' before 2008 is fooling themselves," a SciFi Channel source told SyFy Portal. "There is still quite a bit to be worked out."

SciFi Channel has a history of making big announcements about potential new series that never make the light of day (see shows such as the "Quantum Leap" remake that never materialized), but the network normally does move forward on spinoffs of popular properties already in production, like "B5: Legend of the Rangers," a spinoff of "Babylon 5" that never made it past the backdoor pilot movie, and "Stargate: Atlantis," which spun off from "Stargate SG-1."

Another show that is not expected to get a greenlight for series is "The Lost Room," the recent miniseries filmed as a backdoor pilot that recently aired on SciFi Channel. It finished well behind three of the last four miniseries aired on the network in terms of ratings, and it's unlikely that will be enough to garner it a series order.

Of course, all of this is based on rumor, so please consider all this information as you would any other rumor. - Article by Michael Hinman

source sci fi portal

Hooray!

God I hope Galactica gets the full 5 season arc that the creators have planned. It's easily one of the best shows on TV today.

Do they have a five year plan? I haven't heard Ron Moore or Dave Eick mention anything.

I've heard Ron Moore saying that the ideal length of the series would be 5 seasons. I dunno if he meant they have any sort of plan or he just figured that's when they'd get sick of doing it.

Well, he did mention in a BSG Roundtable podcast that he wants to end the show when he feels like it's time. He felt that Star Trek TNG should have ended in the 6th season, and has regretted not sticking with that idea. I think the show can go for five full years, but I guess that depends more on SciFi than on Moore & Eick.

BTW, is anyone else excited for the possible direct to DVD BSG movie? It's rumored to come out this year, but it's not a for sure thing yet.

http://www.geekmonthly.com/news/2006/12/28...-set-to-launch/

I've heard Ron Moore saying that the ideal length of the series would be 5 seasons. I dunno if he meant they have any sort of plan or he just figured that's when they'd get sick of doing it.

Honestly now that they have found the route to Earth, I cannot see them going for more than five without feeling stretched thin. I'm not looking forward to the show being on Sunday night though. Feels like it'll be against some stiff competition that may end up hurting it more than helping it.

I'm sad to see "The Lost Room" won't go to series. I rather enjoyed it and was looking forward to seeing what the other objects could do.

Bump for the new episode on Sunday. Also, Tricia Helfer is on Letterman tonight. She's in this month's Playboy, by the way.

I've caught up with the new series over the past month and a half, and I'm really liking it. A few of the most recent episodes have been a little underwhelming comparatively, but I'm still looking forward to things starting up again.

I really loved this scene from Exodus. One of the best TV action sequences I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7SBeJ9Kb40

Guest CWMwasmurdered

-Adama being sent to Galactica as his retirement just doesn't ring true for me. He seemed pretty emotionally connected to the ship during the miniseries for it to be a recent acquisition for him (in contiuity, we're a little more than 2 years removed from the miniseries, so Adama would have been Galactica's commander for only about year when the Cylon's attacked).

Galactica was also Adama's first commission as a Viper pilot, thus why he's so emotionally attached.

Also, on the promos they said that someone will discover they are a Cylon. Wonder who it will be (if not the obvious choice). I'll go out on a limb and say Anders.

I'll say Starbuck, mainly because I'm sick of her character being around. The horrible Apollo/Starbuck romantic arc has been like nails on a chalkboard for me. I'm pretty sure Lee isn't a Cylon, although that would be one hell of a twist on the Adama character since he'd have to know his son was a Cylon the whole time.

I also thought Starbuck initially, because of what was said in season 1 or 2 by Six, about Starbuck having a 'destiny'. I could actually see her being one of the earlier human Cylon models that were boxed, but she alone survived.

I just said Anders to facilityat the romance arc a little.

Galactica was also Adama's first commission as a Viper pilot, thus why he's so emotionally attached.

I didn't think of that.

I got dibs on Dee. Plus it would be a neat way to get her away from Apollo without having him act like an ass and dump her.

Wouldn't this mean that Apollo isn't already an ass? Pretty sure he has already achieved ass status. He's on the bullet train to scumbag right now.

Since the season started, they seem to be doing everything in their power to make almost every character as despicable as possible. That might be why the rating have dropped so badly since the premiere.

Since the season started, they seem to be doing everything in their power to make almost every character as despicable as possible. That might be why the rating have dropped so badly since the premiere.

See, I can understand that. Except Adama. EJO is just too damn bad ass to hate. After the scene with the gun earlier in the season, it could have been revealed he nuked the Cylon homeworld, landed, pissed on the robotic corpses and took one of the skulls onto his ship to use as a toilet tissue holder and I still wouldn't have disliked him. Right now, he is the only character where I can honestly say that if he died, I would quit watching the show. Everyone else...eh, whatever, kill em.

Plus what has Sharon's (I forget her new name) hubby done wrong this year? Seems like he's being doing alright, unless I missed an episode.