TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

WCW New Blood Rising

New Blood Rising was a bloody awful pay-per-view as Vince Russo continued to wreck WCW even more. I don't think anything on the damn show made any sense.

The opening match was good but there was really no reason for it to take place. The Great Muta and The Cat had a rubbish match. Fucking Judy Bagwell was wheeled out yet again. Why did WCW keep using this woman? She brought nothing to the table and to make things worse she was a former WCW world tag team champion! David Arquette, another former WCW champion, made a pointless apperance. Shane Douglas and Billy Kidman wrestled to a silent crowd. The mud pit match was a pure farce with another Russo "shoot" ending. Lance Storm was made to look like a complete idiot despite being the most over guy on the show. Not forgeting the three way "shoot" match.

By the end of the show the crowd had turned on the event and pelted poor Booker T, who had put on a good match with Jeff Jarrett, with garbage.

The highlight of the show was Konnan on commentary during the four corners tag team match when he ripped into everyone.

Guest MikeSC

Normally, I can't stand it when a talentless slug like Konnan spends all of his time ripping on guys who can outwork him (because, honestly, who can't outwork him?).

HOWEVER, in that case, WCW deserved it because they knew how bad that match would be after they had an abortion of a 3-way involving the teams on, I think, Thunder before the PPV. Should've cancelled the match after that debacle.

-=Mike

Yet another PPV that showed why WCW deserved to go out of business. Seriously, how come no one has ever beaten the crap out of Vince Russo for his crappy booking?

I've got this killer idea for you Lance, first we'll piss off the crowd by not giving them Bret Hart as the special ref and instead give them a guy who used to be The Mountie, and then we'll make it so Mike Awesome beats you three times in the one match, and then you win by cheating with the same referee, and then to add insult to injury Bret Hart comes out and gives you a hug even though you didn't really do anything in the match! You'll be HUGE!

I thought Vampiro was somewhat over..? When he returned in 2000 after a short? hiatus, he got a pretty big pop...

Muta definately wasnt over one bit though.

You could maybe excuse Russo (somewhat) for his shitty booking of the Storm/Awesome match and put it down to mis-judging the crowd. If, of course, he hadn't been at Canadian Stampede. You'd have thought he'd learnt from the way the Hart Foundation was booked favourably in their home country and done the same for Storm.

The fact he didn't goes beyond just idiocy. It proves that, for the most part, he was completely clueless.

As for the ladder match, I agree with Mike, that it was entertaining. But the problem was, there was no reason for anyone to react to it. Not one fan in that arena cared if 3 Count got their fake gold disc back or won a fake recording contract. So you had a decent match, ruined by being overbooked.

Guest MikeSC

I still say Three Count was the most criminally underutilized team in WCW. They had a gimmick that guaranteed heat and 2 of the 3 were solid workers. Should've been tag champs at least once.

-=Mike

When Vampiro turned heel in April 2000 and began a feud with Sting, his "overness" died a quick death once the fans realized what a lame character and non-credible Sting opponent Vamp was.

Vampiro's best work, IMO, was either THE CHARACTER when he was alongside Raven & The ICP in "The Deadpool" or THE WRESTLER when he was a mid-card face having a "friendly feud" with Kidman in early '00.

I've got this killer idea for you Lance, first we'll piss off the crowd by not giving them Bret Hart as the special ref and instead give them a guy who used to be The Mountie, and then we'll make it so Mike Awesome beats you three times in the one match, and then you win by cheating with the same referee, and then to add insult to injury Bret Hart comes out and gives you a hug even though you didn't really do anything in the match! You'll be HUGE!

Bret Hart was physically incapable of refereeing the match at that time, so that one wasn't Russo's fault.

Guest Joel Wendel
I still say Three Count was the most criminally underutilized team in WCW. They had a gimmick that guaranteed heat and 2 of the 3 were solid workers. Should've been tag champs at least once.

-=Mike

I'm pretty sure they shared the belt at one point, I may be thinking of another 3 man group, but Im almost positive!

-=Mike

I'm pretty sure they shared the belt at one point, I may be thinking of another 3 man group, but Im almost positive!

They shared the Hardcore Title and even went over Norman Smiley in a very anticlimatic match at Superbrawl 1999.

WCW Tag Team Champions Kronik defeated Capt. Rection & Lash Laroux, Mark Jindrak & Sean O’Haire, Shawn Stasiak & Chuck Palumbo at 12:21 when Bryan Clarke pinned Palumbo following the double chokeslam; prior to the bout, Disco Inferno was named the special referee, with Rey Mysterio Jr., Juventud Guerrera, and Tygress as the ringside enforcers; Konnan did guest commentary for the bout; late in the bout, the Great Muta & Vampiro interfered but were quickly thrown out of the ring; moments later, Lt. Loco interfered, stole the referee’s shirt from Disco, and made the pinfall; due to pre-match stipulations, the Filthy Animals would challenge the champions the following night on Nitro

This match is hilarious. So you have 4 tag teams and STILL somehow have multiple interference? Sometimes I wonder if this stuff was MEANT to be bad. I just can't picture someone booking this and thinking it would turn out good.

Guest MikeSC

And, as I mentioned earlier, it's ironic because they had a match with three of those four teams and it was just as big a trainwreck.

-=Mike