TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IWD

So who has a safe job?

With the recent releases of Rhyno, Paul Bearer, Matt Hardy, Jesus and Chilly Willy, I was thinking who has a safe job with the WWE.

Here's what I came up with...

Will never be fired:

The Undertaker (super-over, been with the company since 1990)

Triple H (McMahon lovechild, been with the company since 1995)

Safe jobs:

Chris Benoit (over with fans, good worker, been with the company since 2000)

Chris Jericho (over with fans, good worker, been with the company since 1999)

Dave Batista (world champion)

Eddie Guerrero (over with fans, good worker, been with the company since 2000)

Edge (McMahon favourite, been with the company since 1998)

John Cena (WWE champion)

Kurt Angle (will be with the company till be retires, been with the company since 1999)

Randy Orton (McMahon favourite)

Ric Flair (over with fans, Triple H's buddy)

Shawn Michaels (over with fans, Triple H's buddy, been with the company since 1988)

The Big Show (contracted till 2009, vastly better worker than in previous years, been with the company since 1999)

Fairly safe:

Booker T (solid worker)

Christian (lots of TV exposure)

Christy Hemme (diva search winner)

Daniel Puder (TE4 winner)

Hardcore Holly (employee since 1994, never gets fired despite being a nutter)

Hurricane (big merchandise seller, quality JTTS)

John Layfield (became over despite crap matches)

Kane (employee since 1995)

Rey Mysterio (over with fans)

Rob Van Dam (over with fans)

Stacy Keibler (eye candy)

Torrie Wilson (eye candy)

Trish Stratus (women's champion, good heel)

William Regal (popular backstage, friend of HHH)

Prospects for the future who have been given some level of a push by the company:

Carlito Carribean Cool

Mohammed Hassan

Paul London

Renee Dupree

Shelton Benjamin

Chris Masters

Reasonably safe by virtue of only just having joined the company:

Marty Jannetty

Psicosis

Super Crazy

Possible drops:

Ultimo Dragon (apparently still under contract)

Funaki

Dudley Boyz + Spike (been off TV for ages, still doubt they'll go though as they would be too over in another company)

Rosey

Dawn Marie

Val Venis

Mark Henry (10 year contract expires during 2005)

Stevie Richards

Nunzio

Simon Dean

Scotty Too Hotty

Billy Kidman

Kenzo Suzuki

Hiroko

Tyson Tomko

Matt Morgan

Mordecai

Garrison Cade

Akio

All the rest, including the likes of Tajiri, Victoria, La Resistance, Orlando, etc. should be safe, but not as safe as the other people I've mentioned.

Comments welcome.

Cheers.

I actually think Christian's job is even more than "Fairly Safe"

Christian is over, can make a crowd hate or love him, is good in the ring, and fans can still believe he can win, even when he is like 3-13 or something on RAW this year. He's been around since 1998 too hasnt he?

Guest jumpingbombangel

Christian is over, can make a crowd hate or love him, is good in the ring, and fans can still believe he can win, even when he is like 3-13 or something on RAW this year. He's been around since 1998 too hasnt he?

Nah, Christian is on the "Matt Hardy" level to where they could drop him for a number of reasons and it would still be a shock if he went. It'd be over some backstage drama too, since he's good in the ring and there's no problems there.

Like Matt Hardy (who's been with WWE for as long as Christian, IIRC), he's not a big guy. He doesn't have that "Evolution" look and that's why they won't wince too much if they ever have to let him go.

I only agree with the Undertaker and HHH being the two safe jobs. Over the years having seen people in wrestling get bounced over a myriad of stupid reasons, I've come to believe that no one's above a pink slip.

Guest bigm350

Nah, Christian is on the "Matt Hardy" level to where they could drop him for a number of reasons and it would still be a shock if he went. It'd be over some backstage drama too, since he's good in the ring and there's no problems there.

Like Matt Hardy (who's been with WWE for as long as Christian, IIRC), he's not a big guy. He doesn't have that "Evolution" look and that's why they won't wince too much if they ever have to let him go.

I only agree with the Undertaker and HHH being the two safe jobs. Over the years having seen people in wrestling get bounced over a myriad of stupid reasons, I've come to believe that no one's above a pink slip.

I've gotta put Shawn Michaels in this category. He's been with the WWF/E longer than anyone, (if you count the 4 years he was gone with the back injury), is in tight with Vince, and is HHH's buddy. I don't think he'll ever get canned.

Like Matt Hardy (who's been with WWE for as long as Christian, IIRC), he's not a big guy.

Longer. I recall Matt Hardy being on Superstars as long ago as 1996.

Matt was actually wrestling as a WWF jobber back in 1994, alongside Jeff, Chris Kanyon and Scotty Too Hotty. However, he didn't get a contract until 1999.

Cheers.

Guest jumpingbombangel
I've gotta put Shawn Michaels in this category.  He's been with the WWF/E longer than anyone, (if you count the 4 years he was gone with the back injury), is in tight with Vince, and is HHH's buddy. I don't  think he'll ever get canned.

You know, that's true. I've seen HBK do things 7 years ago that if HHH tried nowadays, Vince might dare use a harsh tone of voice towards him. Add that to the fact that Michaels legit turned his life around after all that hell-raising and actually stuck to it, and you've got a stable job.

EDIT:

kliq.jpg

That's the closest thing to a union that wrestling will ever have.

Guest BillyTheStud

I would move Shelton Benjamin in the "Fairly Safe" category and Rene Dupree & Chris Masters in the "Possible drops". Masters gets boring chants and has only been trusted with a "Superstar" once, and Dupree didn't even make it in the 30-man Battle Royale when guys like Nunzio and Scotty did.

Matt was actually wrestling as a WWF jobber back in 1994, alongside Jeff, Chris Kanyon and Scotty Too Hotty. However, he didn't get a contract until 1999.

Cheers.

He got a contract in 1998.

Stop saying cheers. You're not the British Drury.

HHH pretty much has a job for life. However, anyone want to guess how quick he'd get depushed if he and Stephanie ever went their seperate ways? Think Vince would send him straight to the doghouse?

I don't think Akio is in any trouble of being let go. He is very good in the ring, and he and London have put on some real clinics on Velocity.