TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Smackdown and Velocity spoilers

Guest Andrew J.
I remember Chris Masters being hyped to hell and everyone was all "Bring him up already!" Same with Nova...while not his fault, that flopped. Even Carlito.

Christ, what overexcitable marks have you been hanging out with that were hyped for Masters and Carlito? Hell, everyone's opinion of Carlito was WORSE before he debuted. He only became a cult favorite after he actually showed up on Smackdown.

While not boring, Carlito had no place being in the ring with Austin/Piper at WrestleMania, it killed the segment.

I honestly thought it improved things, and by what I gauged, the crowd did too. Just as well, because Austin and Piper have both been played out for every single thing the company could get out of them.

Scotty did the worm, it seemed a little more current with some new sexy movements for the win.
Which is good, because every time I saw the worm I said to myself, "Man, I wish this had some sexy new movements" ... seriously, who would write something like that?!?

And I don't get why people are complaining about the spinning belt ... it really is no worse than the custom belts that they made for Austin, et al. The best thing that they could do is do what they do with the Big Gold Belt and have it be the same but with the name plate removed and replaced with one with the current champs name.

MNM is going to be really dissapointing.

I remember Chris Masters being hyped to hell and everyone was all "Bring him up already!" Same with Nova...while not his fault, that flopped. Even Carlito. While not boring, Carlito had no place being in the ring with Austin/Piper at WrestleMania, it killed the segment.

Um, no.

As someone who watches OVWMasters had (and has) lots of potential but he was brought up way too early. Carlito is actually better in WWE than in OVW (I was never excited for him). I was a little excited for Nova (who was great in OVW), but he was given a JTTS gimmick and wasn't allowed to use his moveset.

The difference with MNM is 1) They're keeping their OVW gimmick, and 2) They're already excellent, not just a team with the potential to be good.

*Heidenreich defeated an unnamed opponent and reads the beaten opponent a poem about "Breaking Wind in the Windy City." Heidenreich actually got a big pop for the poem

:huh:

"My push is dead, and I'm crying in my booze.

It could be worse--I could sell women's shoes."

At one point, it appeared Matt Cappoteli may have been replacing Joey Matthews in MNM as several agents had suggested putting Johnny Nitro and Cappotelli together. A number of people in the company pushed for the Matthews/Johnny Nitro duo to stay together including Tommy Dreamer, Dave Lagana and Paul Heyman. Vince McMahon was said to have made the decision to keep the two together with Melina for the Smackdown brand. According to one source, the saving grace for the team may have been Rey Misterio putting over how much he was looking forward to working with the team.

-- PWInsider

Rey Mysterio with backstage pull? Get outta here!

You took the words out of my mouth.

Well, I've decided to quit watching Raw for awile, so it looks like I'll be watching the better show tomorrow night (Torrie vs. Dawn being the exception)

MNM sounds like a better gimmick than what i thought judging from the detailed spoilers. It should get them over huge.

Cena's belt doesn't sound bad either, anything is better than the current one.

Everyone is right. Smackdown is the better show now.

MNM is going to be really dissapointing.

I remember Chris Masters being hyped to hell and everyone was all "Bring him up already!" Same with Nova...while not his fault, that flopped. Even Carlito. While not boring, Carlito had no place being in the ring with Austin/Piper at WrestleMania, it killed the segment.

Still, the Smackdown! belts have bee on the likes of The Bashams (twice), Rikishi & Scotty, Rico, and ridiculous makeshift (but not untalented) teams like Eddie & Tajiri. Give them to Johnny Nitro and his friends. Who cares?

Got news for ya Sparky, Masters was NOT hyped to hell. First off, he was in a tag team (The Troubleshooters) in OVW, and was not working singles. Everyone from the smarks to the critics to Cornette and co. said he wouldn't be ready for prime time for a while, but it was his look and size that got him the call-up so soon. His weakenesses have always been realized and discussed before they stuck him on our television sets.

The best thing about Masters on OVW were the heckling chants of "Steroids" during his matches.

If thats the belt....then keep it. Forever. John Cena could have the spinning one. But that is what the WWE title should look like.

Bravo to whoever designed that belt.

Take it for what its worth. but....the new WWE Championship?

06080X.jpg

I like it, even if it looks like something Rico would wear (in the parrallel universe where Rico actually won a singles title).

I won't accept Cena a champ until he says "Drop the Zero and get with the Hero!"

Then I'll start to be interested in him

Guest M. Harry Smilac

MNM debuting doesn't really cause me to get my hopes up since the tag division seems to be constantly sabotaged by someone within the company anyways.

Where have the vignettes been?

They'll slap the titles on them next week before they even have time to build any heat and when they do the crowd will resent them for it and not even bother to boo them.

Guest Shadow

Will ANYONE explain "54"? Is there ANY significance?

I've asked 3 times here now...