TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

HHH injured neck, collapses

I always see interviews, some might have even been with Triple-H, where they talk about carrying the ball when it's handed to you. Well, Austin, Foley and Rock handed him the ball with a 47-0 lead and Triple-H has managed to make a game of it. But it's not his fault, it's just cyclical. Convenient. Not helpful, but awfully convenient.

Actually, if you really want to use the game analogy, then the WWF "won" when they bought WCW. On the "winning" team, Austin and Rock were the two leading scorers, and HHH was probably the third-leading scorer.

When business hit its "down cycle" was actually during the period HHH was injured when they botched the invasion. If you look at the ratings for Raw, they're almost exactly the same right now as they were right before HHH came back.

Smackdown's ratings have gone down, but I don't really see how you can blame that on HHH, since he doesn't even appear there.

To be honest, I used to be a pretty die-hard wrestling fan. Ever since the gradual parade of stupid shit they've done since mid-2001, I've watched less and less, and catch perhaps one show every month or two.

Trips is part of the problem, but not all of it. If he did get crippled right now, you'd still see the same effect in the company..nobody really getting over, and someone dominating the entire show. The problem with the company lies in their booking, writing, and "talent" hiring staff..all of which aren't too bright. Not to mention the ENTIRE McMahon crew, which are just out of touch with reality..

Even if HHH dissapeared from the scenes entirely, the storylines would still be stupid, useless talent would still suck up TV time, and they'd still be doing shit everyone hates. (Diva Search, anyone?)

If you're point is that HHH sells too much for random people, I've been on that bandwagon for years now. That's why I think he needs to makeover his character a little bit, turn on Flair, and then do the badass thing for a while

He doesn't have to run roughshod, but it would be nice if his matches started following a more creative face/heel dynamic than sell, sell, sell, sell, sell, punch, kick, miss pedigree, sell, sell, sell, punch, kick, hit pedigree.

The latest word is that Triple H has a bulging disc in his neck and that it is a very serious injury. Despite that, he will work RAW tonight and as of now, the tour of Europe.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Has this been posted?

Is that similar to what happened to Benoit?

Don't give me any false hope.

Cause a year free from HHH would make me weep with tears of joy.