TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tony149

Living Angleously booking thread

We changed servers, so that's probably the reason for the goof.

I'm kind of hitting the wall here in writing my match right now, so it either will be sent in an hour (if I can get my neurons firing enough) or tomorrow afternoon (if not). Pray for me.

EDIT: It'll be done tomorrow. I've got the beginning and the end down, but I suck at filling things out.

My match is sent, but I'd like to apologize in advance for its complete crapiness. I only started it on Friday and really haven't had time to work on it as much as I'd have liked to.

We changed servers, so that's probably the reason for the goof.

I'm kind of hitting the wall here in writing my match right now, so it either will be sent in an hour (if I can get my neurons firing enough) or tomorrow afternoon (if not). Pray for me.

EDIT: It'll be done tomorrow. I've got the beginning and the end down, but I suck at filling things out.

You start out with a definiative finish in mind?

I just start and write. The match I wrote for LA originally was going to have a different ending (different finishing sequence, the same winner) but what I put down during the match called for a change in plans. I don't see a need to force yourself into a certain finish. It's makes writing easier if you don't. I tend to get into the match and use a finish that makes the most sense for the match I wrote. I had a ton of spots thought out but left many of them out because they didn't fit. I tried to write a match once (the HiaC with AS) with a finish in mind and then couldn't figure out how to get there in a creative way and as a result the match sucked.

Either way, I'm sure your match will be good.

Yeah, the ending or beginning isn't a problem, I just hit the wall writing transitions into different segments that I'd like to use for the meat of the match. I don't want to write things like "(Segment A happens). They brawl for a little while. (Segment B happens). X works the knee of Y for a little bit (Finish goes here)."

Plus, triple threat matches are tough because you have to figure out ways to get all three guys involved. The match I wrote has a beginning and a (hopefully good and surprising) end, but I really cut out a lot of the middle portion because I just couldn't make it work. It happens with me. I had the same problem before too; I guess the more matches I write, the better I'll get at it.

I pretty much always start with a finish in mind. I picture it, watch some matches that will help, and make a decision on it. I think it helps to know where you're going.

I guess I have a gift, because I envision a few spots I want to use as well as a general theme/psychology, then just sit down and write, with no outline and no real plan, aside of a rough idea of how long I want to go. And the match just comes together. The transitions write themselves, and somehow spots are built to and used properly. Sometimes I have to adjust slightly, and sometimes the length is off, but basically I just let it flow...so, I guess if I had any adivce to PK or anyone, it'd be don't think. :)

Edited by Hoff

Sign in to follow this