TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs

1 shot and Spurs/Nugs won't be on TV for a while...

They've done this all year long, always making it way to close at the end. Either they blow a big lead, let the other team come all the way back (like tonight) and usually hang on by the skin of their teeth, or they'll lazy their way through the game trailing before turning it on in the last few minutes and Larry or Gilbert scoring a dramatic game winning shot. (that one's more fun).

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?!

Meanwhile Shaq is like HHH watching a couple hard working undersized midcarders in a #1 contender's match thinking "silly jobbers, look at 'em go" as he prepares to squash them. ;)

This is ridiculous though. It's a complete meltdown. Like I said, they always seem to lose control of a lead at the end and make it interesting but they usually don't blow it. I guess that sets up the dramatic game winning shot that I was talking about, but it wasn't exactly neccesarry... :rolleyes:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS TEAM I HATE THIS TEAM I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Like I said, Gilbert or Larry always want to make it dramatic, will lose control at the end and then hit the perfect game winning shot. Awesome. Fucking assholes making me nervous like that...

Well, so much for that.

It would have been nice to see the Bulls finish off the comeback, or at least send it to OT, but I guess Arenas wasn't going to let that happen.

Well, so much for that.

It would have been nice to see the Bulls finish off the comeback, or at least send it to OT, but I guess Arenas wasn't going to let that happen.

What kind of talk is that? From the O's avatar I'd assume you're from the area? Not a Wiz fan?

Guest news_gimmick

No doubt, would've been sweet to see the Wizards blow that, they left it wide open for a loss. Ya miss your free throws and stuff, things happen. Ahh crap, I'm spent.

This is unfuckingbelievable if you're a Wizards fan.

After years......DECADES even......of incredibly shitty basketball in D.C., not only do we finally have a team that's made it into the playoffs, but a team that could actually ADVANCE in the playoffs.

Amazing.

Guest news_gimmick

Well..advance into Shaq's loving arms in the second round. Same way on both ends though.

After years......DECADES even......of incredibly shitty basketball in D.C., not only do we finally have a team that's made it into the playoffs, but a team that could actually ADVANCE in the playoffs.

Amazing.

Yeah, really. I've only been a fan for about 10 years but it's felt like 10 decades. It's funny, I got into the team during that period where they had all these "before they were stars" like Webber, Wallace, Howard Big George and the rest and they got to the playoffs and were swept by the Bulls in 3. And then everything just fell apart as Wes Unseld traded away all our young bigs for trash and we were playing with a bunch of replacement level players or washed up guys like Ike and Mitch (although we did have God on our team, not that it helped much). And it seemed like we were changing coaches every year. And then it happened. "He" arrived. First as an executive. That alone was just so cool and made us feel important again, and then HE WAS GOING TO PLAY FOR US!?! Just awesome, of course injuries and an inexperienced core in the first year led to dissapointment. Then the next year was worse because he just went nuts trading for guys like Stackhouse (bye bye Rip...) and bringing in the likes of Bryon Russel and other playoff tested guys to surround himself with and he's STILL injured and the team still underachieves and it was clear He had to go to save the franchise. Abe took some heat and it was quite a bit cold after all the revenue and attention he brought Washington (I got to see him live twice, once was his season high 43 points, it was amazing), but it was the right move. Then Grunfeld comes in and we FINALLY have someone capable of running a franchise in charge and Gilbert and Antwan arrive with a peaking Larry and it all comes together.

But don't get too excited yet. We just saw this team's capability for blowing it at the end. There's still one more game to win.

And then there's Shaq but let's not think about it right now.

What a strange trip for Wizards fans.

Guest news_gimmick

I'm still damned proud of this Bulls team for the season they have given us. If you had told me back in November that this group would pull if together for a playoff run I'd have laughed in your face. I know they have one game left to pull something out, but endings like tonight have been known to crush spirits of teams before. At any rate these guys are getting great experience and will now know what playoff basketball is all about. They definately showed their inexperience in the big time situation, but they can only grow from this. Still love my Bulls no matter what!

Well, so much for that.

What kind of talk is that? From the O's avatar I'd assume you're from the area? Not a Wiz fan?

Nah, I'm from Montana, so I just kind of pick my teams from all over. The Orioles are definitely my favorite baseball team, if not my favorite franchise in all of sports, but as far as basketball goes, I'm a Mavs fan.

Well, so much for that.

Nah, I'm from Montana, so I just kind of pick my teams from all over. The Orioles are definitely my favorite baseball team, if not my favorite franchise in all of sports, but as far as basketball goes, I'm a Mavs fan.

Ah ok. I don't know what's stranger that there's an O's fan in Montanna...or that someone actually lives in Montanna! ;)

I'm still damned proud of this Bulls team for the season they have given us. If you had told me back in November that this group would pull if together for a playoff run I'd have laughed in your face. I know they have one game left to pull something out, but endings like tonight have been known to crush spirits of teams before. At any rate these guys are getting great experience and will now know what playoff basketball is all about. They definately showed their inexperience in the big time situation, but they can only grow from this. Still love my Bulls no matter what!

Seriously, at the beginning of the playoffs, I was just happy as hell that Chicago made it into the playoffs and was thinking that was enough to make this an amazing season. I'm just happy and excited that the Bulls now have a real core and a future to build around. After seeing the Bulls win game 1 and game 2 though, it's just so hard not to get attached to this series and not to want more. It's a shame though that Eddy Curry and Luol Deng are out. Two starters and bigger bodies that would be so useful in defending Washington's bigs and SFs.

Amazing.

Yeah, really. I've only been a fan for about 10 years but it's felt like 10 decades.

Are you in the D.C. metro area?

Amazing.

Yeah, really. I've only been a fan for about 10 years but it's felt like 10 decades.

Are you in the D.C. metro area?

Yes. Live in MoCo, but am at college in Delaware.

Guest news_gimmick
Seriously, at the beginning of the playoffs, I was just happy as hell that Chicago made it into the playoffs and was thinking that was enough to make this an amazing season. I'm just happy and excited that the Bulls now have a real core and a future to build around. After seeing the Bulls win game 1 and game 2 though, it's just so hard not to get attached to this series and not to want more. It's a shame though that Eddy Curry and Luol Deng are out. Two starters and bigger bodies that would be so useful in defending Washington's bigs and SFs.

Oh I agree, I got suckered in as well. Watching them click early on was such a great thing, it was so unexpected too. I'm amazed that I actually MISS Curry after years of being dissappointed by him. His big presence in the middle is really showing now, along with the missing all around game of Deng. But you know I kept forgetting just how much these guys haven't experienced yet, and its no wonder they have struggled as the series went on. They do have one more chance to bounce back from this, I hope they come out with a more killer extinct early on in game 6.