TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Summer Movies.

Which movie do you have the most anticipation for?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie do you have the most anticipation for?

• [i]Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Batman Begins
    • War of the Worlds
    • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    • Fantastic Four
    • Madagascar
    • The Longest Yard[/i]
    • Other
    • None of them.

There are tons of movies coming. Out of those, I'm looking foward to Star Wars: Episode III (because I'm a SW mark), WOTW (because I'm a Spielberg mark), and Batman (because I'm a Batman mark). I'm not sure if I'll see any of the others. Which movie are you anticipating the most?

Dude, you really should have included "Land of the Dead." That's the one movie I really want to see this summer. I've been waiting for this movie for God knows how long. Fuck George Lucas, I wants me some Romero!

Other than that, I'd have to say I'm also looking forward to:"Batman Begins", "War of the Worlds", "High Tension" (aka "Haute Tension", though the fact that it's dubbed, and has had one minute cut from it to earn an R-rating really sucks), "Undead", and "The Ordeal" (aka "Calvaire"). Oh, and hopefully, Rob Zombies "The Devil's Rejects" will be better than the disappointing "House of 1000 Corpses." As for the other movies, they don't interest me.

Land of the Dead.

Star Wars and George Lucas can suck my left nut...and that's the nicest thing I can say about that movie.

And Batman Begins looks great.

Guest El Satanico

A tie between Episode III and Batman Begins, but I give the edge to Episode III.

F4 and Batman for me, though I'll probably see all of those except The Longest Yard. I love the superhero movies, yet I've read very few comic books in my life. The only Batman I've ever read is The Killing Joke.

The Perfect Man

I've never heard of this, but I have one extremely predictable guess about who's in it.

I want to see Batman, but I picked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm just looking forward to that most of all the movies on the list.

The Perfect Man

I've never heard of this, but I have one extremely predictable guess about who's in it.

Heather Locklear, Chris Noth and HILARY DUFF!

If that cast doesn't scream SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER then I don't know what does.

I've training myself to anticipate NOTHING when it comes to movies. If it gets good reviews from people I respect, then that's when I start anticipating seeing it.

I've become bitter from past dissapointments.

Don't forget Mike O'Malley!!!

It's opening against Batman Begins. Can Batman withstand the box office power of the guy from Yes Dear?

Well hell, I'm sold.

And Locklear at least adds some hotness to the lacking cast.

Yes. Batman Begins.

Nothing else matters. Oh, I'll probably see many of these films this summer, but honestly, Batman is the one one of them all that I truly give a damn about. Everything else is just gravy.

It's opening against Batman Begins. Can Batman withstand the box office power of the guy from Yes Dear?

I'm just glad that you can poke fun at your own fanboy awfulness, Bob. It shows that you have good self-esteem, which contradicts my previous assumption.

I'm just glad that you can poke fun at your own fanboy awfulness, Bob. It shows that you have good self-esteem, which contradicts my previous assumption.

At least I know my fanboy obsessions are really lame

Star Wars, for me, and I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan. But, seeing the awesome trailer and all the hype actually has me excited. A close second place goes to Batman, and then Fantastic Four.

I bet all you Star Wars dorkspeople will end up reeeeeal dissapointed.

Considering a lot of them see this movie as the second coming of Jesus Christ, yeah those people will be disappointed.

But seriously, there is no way Lucas could screw this up. It's a dark movie no matter what he wants to do. Frankly, I'm hoping for 10 minutes of dancing Ewoks to close it out. I'm stuck going with my gf and her family but I'm not kicking and screaming. After the stench of the first two, this one has GOT to be good.

Right?

Right?

I was kind of hoping James Earl Jones wouldn't be able to do the film so that we could hear either "This guy who replaced Jones is an octave too high!" or "They're using Vader audio from the previous films; what a bunch of hacks!"

Guest T®ITEC

After the terrible experience that was Sin City yesterday (only terrible because my friend loathed it), I've been promised that I'll have to see Madagascar at least once. What the hell is this movie?

...Anyway, I am looking forward to Star Wars, somehow.

I picked Fantastic Four, while I'm sure Batman will be the better movie, I just want to see a big dumb action flick now. I still haven't seen the first two Star Wars

I was amped for Hitchiker's Guide, but the first previews make it look awful. Oh well, back to the books.

Batman Begins is now the movie I need to see most. Episode III is up there as well, just like the new Miyazaki film Howl's Moving Castle.

Hopefully Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (sequel to Mr. Vengeance) will come out this year, too. And Takashi Miike also has a new movie coming out (teaser here: http://yokai-movie.com/movies/yokai_big.wmv ), so that's good too.

I have to add the new Miyazaki film "Howl's Moving Castle" to my list. I love Miyazaki's work, so this most likely will not dissapoint.