TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

So, after watching the first place Orioles play a 4pm game vs the Devil Rays in front of an announced crowd of 19,920, and then seeing the 3rd place Nationals playing a 7pm game vs the Mets in front of at least 35,000, if not more..

The Orioles have had some of the lowest attendences at Camden Yards this year despite playing the best ball in April in 36 years..They weren't even drawing these low of figures for the last 7 years when they were horrible.

PA was right.

It's hard to get hyped for an April series against the Devil Rays though. I'm sure that those numbers will switch around later in the year when the novelty has worn off for the Nationals, and the Orioles are battling the Yankees and Red Sox for the pennant.

It's hard to get hyped for an April series against the Devil Rays though. I'm sure that those numbers will switch around later in the year when the novelty has worn off for the Nationals, and the Orioles are battling the Yankees and Red Sox for the pennant.

Yeah..but like I said, even over the last 7 years with the two teams fighting over 4th and 5th place, an O's/D-Rays series would have drawn at least 25,000 at Camden Yards, even more on the weekends.

Os 2004 vs 2005 Attenance figures

I looked that page up and it seems that Os attendance is up 14% from last year. That is rather skewed though considering last years figures to this point didnt include 5 games vs the Yankees and Red Sox. The 3 game Yankee Series alone drew over 47,000 each game, but the majority of the people in the stands for yet another year *sigh* were Yankees fans.

Mets poised for another losing streak, as the Nationals are killing Zambrano

Im guessing tonight is the first Nationals game on MASN on Directv (I had noticed the channel in my guide a while back but this is the first time I've seen a game on the channel).

The only good thing is that Mel Proctor is doing the game, and I missed hearing him do Orioles games from a while back.

Its really pouring there now and the game isn't yet official, 1 out in the top of the 5th.

I'm seriously questioning if Jose Reyes is a full time major league player at this point. The Mets will never send him down, but if this continues, I don't see any other option

Tarp is out again in Philadelphia with Dontrelle only 2 outs away from getting through 5 and making it an official game if the rain doesn't let up. Damn, that would be unlucky if they can't make it back on the field.

I'm seriously questioning if Jose Reyes is a full time major league player at this point.  The Mets will never send him down, but if this continues, I don't see any other option

Isn't his only major problem his lack of patience?

edit: Holy shit, Mondesi killed that.

St. Louis vs. Atlanta: Dale Scott is a horrible umpire.

Worst job I've seen in years.

There were some REAL obvious balls called strikes and vice versa. I could tell, and I was sitting several feet away from a 14" screen. That's called sucking at your job.

There were some REAL obvious balls called strikes and vice versa. I could tell, and I was sitting several feet away from a 14" screen. That's called sucking at your job.

I'm a Cardinals fan and that Matt Morris strike in the (5th I believe, could be the inning before) was atrocious. And the 7th inning was an absolute screw job. Surprised Flores only gave up one run in that inning.

White Sox finally get a hit with runners in scoring position to win 4-3 over the Tigers. The Sox now have led in all 24 games they've played (winning 17 of them), which is second all time to start a season (1955 Brooklyn Dodgers led in 25 games to start the season).

Jason

I'm a Cardinals fan and that Matt Morris strike in the (5th I believe, could be the inning before) was atrocious. And the 7th inning was an absolute screw job. Surprised Flores only gave up one run in that inning.

The big Cardinals meeting on the mound to tell Scott he was full of shit was a cool visual.

I'm seriously questioning if Jose Reyes is a full time major league player at this point.  The Mets will never send him down, but if this continues, I don't see any other option

Isn't his only major problem his lack of patience?

edit: Holy shit, Mondesi killed that.

Lack of patience is an understatement. Reyes has yet to draw a walk all season.

Phillies were frustrating again last night. We could've gotten back into that game if we had the chance, down by one with 12 outs left. Instead we're 10-14. And now Thome's hurt, although given his play, I'm almost anxious to see Ryan Howard get an opportunity.

Those were some poor calls in the seventh, but Chipper should've been on first base anyway since that ball hit his foot. So as it turned out, no further damage was done.

And god dammit will Kerry Wood ever stay in a game? This is ridiculous.

Those were some poor calls in the seventh, but Chipper should've been on first base anyway since that ball hit his foot. So as it turned out, no further damage was done.

And god dammit will Kerry Wood ever stay in a game? This is ridiculous.

1. Poor calls from like the 3rd inning when I tuned in all the way to the end. And yeah that clearly took a bounce like right off Chipper's bad toe. With all the bad blood that was boiling at that point I figured the Cardinals pitcher would be gone, but Dale Scott was an idiot and didn't even give Chipper the free pass. Oh well.

2. He will if he can have a first inning that doesn't suck. Seriously, use tapes of his first innings as training videos for little-leaguers. He demonstrates every potential outcome to a plate appearance in there. Base hit, base on balls, advance on error, wild pitch, extra base hit, hit batsman, home run...and three concecutive strikeouts to end the inning so we all remember who the ace is around here.

Those were some poor calls in the seventh, but Chipper should've been on first base anyway since that ball hit his foot.  So as it turned out, no further damage was done.

And god dammit will Kerry Wood ever stay in a game?  This is ridiculous.

Honestly, why don't they just make him closer? Hes obviously NEVER going to be healthy. Tendinitios (sp?) in two starts in a row, plus all the arm injuries hes had in his career, its just not worth waiting for him to be an ace.

I'm seriously questioning if Jose Reyes is a full time major league player at this point. The Mets will never send him down, but if this continues, I don't see any other option

For a Mets fan, you don't make many positive posts on the team. When they're on a winning streak, you've suddenly decided to quit watching them indefinitely. When they start losing, then you're here to chime in with completely pessimistic remarks on the team.

Little odd, you know?

I think it's official that I'm bad luck for the Jays. I didn't see any of their 4 game winning streak last week, for one reason or another, so yesterday was the first game I could watch in almost a week, and they lost. Today, I was outside doing some work in the yard until it started raining, so when I come in, they're winning 3-2. BIg inning by the Yankees, and now the Jays are losing 6-3.

Dear god. Cubs up 3-1, Prior loads the bases with one out, K's Bagwell and goes up 0-2 to Lamb. For some reason, he gives him a great pitch to hit, which he does, right out of the park. Two walks and a three-run bomb later, and what was almost a beautiful job of working out of trouble turned into one of the worst outings seen by Cubs starting pitching this season. ...It's only May, it's only May, it's only May...

The Yankees hitting and old age is showing through today. Posada looks likes hes aged ten years and can't hit for his life. Bernie can't hit, and pathetically tried to throw Wells out at the plate when he was coming home on a fly ball. It was in shallow CF, and Bernie couldn't even reach the cut off man.

*sigh*

If the Yankees don't sweep Tampa, I'm officially boycotting them for a week. And question to all those fans of teams who usually suck every year. How bad does it get watching your team suck 162 games a year? They've made the playoffs every year since I started rooting for them.