TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Strange Wrestling Exits

Compliments the other one

Just strange final apperances by performers and characters other than simply winning/losing a match never to be seen again

-Patriot WWF

Last seen getting coffee dumped on by Rick Rude prior to walking down the ramp for a match with HBK

-Arn Anderson WWF

This is strictly the AA character, not sure if he's ever been part of the security detail that holds back wrestlers since, but the last time we saw him he was being peeded on by Steve Austin (also the last time we saw Austin for a while as well)

Thats all I got this morning

Hogan's departure from WCW in 00 is the obvious one here.

When was the last time we saw Ken Shamrock in WWF?

^^^ He lost a 1st Blood Match on SD to Jericho in the late summer of 1999. Jericho, in full hockey gear, top roped splashed Shamrock a few times until he internally bled . . . I'm as shocked as you are. IIRC, he was never seen again in WWF/E programming.

FWIW, DDP did cut an pre-recorded interview on the final Nitro saying what WCW meant to him and all that yada yada.

As for another strange one, Heyman firing Ron Simmons on air is weird since ususually those set up returns 1-21 days later.

^^^ He lost a 1st Blood Match on SD to Jericho in the late summer of 1999. Jericho, in full hockey gear, top roped splashed Shamrock a few times until he internally bled . . . I'm as shocked as you are. IIRC, he was never seen again in WWF/E programming.

Didn't Shamrock get locked in the trunk of a car by Jericho & Curtis Hughes right after being beat down, or was that the week before?

JTTS Rick McGraw being beaten down by Roddy Piper and being taken backstage on a stretcher after a match on Championship Wrestling.

The day before that match aired, McGraw died.

Steve McMichael getting bleach thrown in his eyes on Nitro in Feb of 99 by Hogan, never to be heard/talked of/seen from in WCW again.

I think another one would obviously be Candido and IMPACT from yesterday afternoon.

Another one would probably be Bret's last apperance in WCW. Trash talking Goldberg as Steiner beat him down on a Thunder episode. What a way to end his career.

Hogan's WWF exit at the KOTR 93 was pretty strange. Almost surreal.

Guest Hass of Pain

Buff Bagwell being beaten up by Kurt Angle and Steve Austin and then thrown out of the back door of the arena never to be heard from again.

The Patriot getting black ink sprayed in his eyes by The Dark Patriot and never being seen again in the GWF despite being built as the star of the promotion.

Brian Knobbs jobbing to the Cardboard Cutout of Goldberg and falling out the window.

ALso, Yokozuna dissapearing off TV in the Summer of 1996, only to suddenly re-appear at random on the JTTS team at Survivor Series, and then never to be seen again.

Guest LooneyTune
Brian Knobbs jobbing to the Cardboard Cutout of Goldberg and falling out the window.

... Russo booking?

Guest LooneyTune

Then in a move that really was stupid, Marc Mero was on the UK PPV "Capital Carnage", which was covered by Jim Ross saying he was finishing his contractual agreements.

Guest LooneyTune

Usually "loser leaves the promotion" means thats the last appearence of the person.

"This will be the last time we see (so-and-so) again... except this coming Saturday night on Capital Carnage!"

Actually any time someone loses a "loser retires/leaves WWF" match, they never do. Savage wrestled 2 days after his retirement (CV taping), Mick Foley wrestled 4 weeks later after his, Mero has been covered... who else is there?

Wasn't the last time we saw Vader in WWF shortly after he was paid off by Godfather with The Hos?

In a similar vein, the last appearance of Steven Regal as "The Real Man's Man" before leaving the WWF was being paid off with hos by the Godfather, who then called Regal a fag.

Lenny Lane left WCW after winning a match to ensure he kept his job.

Usually "loser leaves the promotion" means thats the last appearence of the person.

"This will be the last time we see (so-and-so) again... except this coming Saturday night on Capital Carnage!"

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean it's stupid. For one, Capital Carnage didn't have any bearing on the major storylines of the time period, and two, the explanation actually makes sense. I don't see a problem with that one at all personally, but to each his own, I guess.

Actually any time someone loses a "loser retires/leaves WWF" match, they never do. Savage wrestled 2 days after his retirement (CV taping), Mick Foley wrestled 4 weeks later after his, Mero has been covered... who else is there?

To Flair about 8 years to return, I think that might be a record in terms of leaving a promotion via "Loser Leaves Town" and the eventual return

Ironically Mr Perfect returned a month later but the two never appeared on screen together

I can't believe I forgot "I respect you, bookerman!" which was to be a worked shoot but ended up as a real shoot

If I'm not mistaken Pillman's final onscreen apperance in the WWF was in bed with Marlena doing one of his "playing with Goldust's mind" bits

Mick Foley wrestled 4 weeks later after his,

If you want to get TECHNICAL about it, Mick Foley retired the "Cactus Jack" character that night at No Way Out as every single apperance wrestling since has been as "Mick Foley" not Cactus, not Dude Love and not Mankind, so in affect he did keep that retirement promise

By the way, both Dude and Mankind had interesting final apperances, Dude's costume gets burned, and Mick throws off the mask, and rips the shirt and tie off to reveal a Cactus Jack shirt

Steve

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean it's stupid. For one, Capital Carnage didn't have any bearing on the major storylines of the time period, and two, the explanation actually makes sense. I don't see a problem with that one at all personally, but to each his own, I guess.

The weird thing about it is that Jacqueline did the job, not Mero!

Guest LooneyTune

This wasn't a final appearence, but DDP did the job to the Undertakers Wife the night after Summerslam, and just seemed to vanish for 2 months. Then he came back as the smiling guy who jobbed to the Big Show in 60 seconds, then became Christians mentor for a week before being injured in a match with Hardcore Holly.

wow i didn't know that about Vader, way to job him out.

Benoit's last WCW appearence. Winning the World Title. Thats as weird as it gets.

Anyone remember Chris Jericho's last WCW TV appearence? I seem to remember him jobbing to Booker T and Scott Steiner before they took him off TV.

If you want to get more technical:

It's called "Loser Leaves Town". Not "Loser Leaves Town And Doesn't Come Back." Show me the fine print that says the loser has to STAY away.

Guest LooneyTune

Hmm...

Warrior/Savage - Billed as "Career vs. Career"

Perfect/Flair - Billed as "Loser leaves the WWF"

Mero/Gill - Mero promo said if he lost to the "Jobber", he would leave WWF.

HHH/Foley - Title vs. Career

Anyone remember Chris Jericho's last WCW TV appearence? I seem to remember him jobbing to Booker T and Scott Steiner before they took him off TV.

Jericho was in the US title tournament in March 99. He does a clean job to Booker, then during the Spring Break Nitro asks to be put back in by Flair. Flair puts him back in and he does another clean job, this time to Steiner, via the Steiner Recliner.

Guest jm29195

Jericho was in the US title tournament in March 99. He does a clean job to Booker, then during the Spring Break Nitro asks to be put back in by Flair. Flair puts him back in and he does another clean job, this time to Steiner, via the Steiner Recliner.

At GAB 99 at the WCW.com internet table!

I thought it was pretty surreal that Nash and Goldberg both lost looser never wrestles for WCW matches again matches and both adhered to the stips....

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Isn't the rumor that Warrior ran directly from the ring right out the door at SummerSlam '91, ending that run? If that's the case, that's my personal favorite.