TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Biggest Underachievers

Guest Fook

I agree with Al Snow.

They missed a huge opportunity to push him after the success of the first Tough Enough.

The split is what killed the Hardyz though. Jeff is just a spot machine and that was it, and with Lita going with Matt, Jeff was soon out of a job.

Kane is pretty much an underacheiver.

Guest Thrashist

I think most of the guys mentioned here--Gunn, Test, Luger, etc--are overachievers. They might not have been able to stay at the top as mentioned, but they never deserved to be in that position in the first place.

Similarly, most of the people who do deserve to be on top never get the opportunity to do so. And when they do, their inability to capitalize is usually due to poor booking.

With that said, I'd say Scott Hall is one example of someone who certainly had the talent, but I don't think he was focused enough to hold on to those top spots. After that, I have no idea. I'd say someone like Jericho has underachieved, but that's due to poor booking. You can say the same for Booker T, but I got the feeling when he was being pushed to the top that there was still some very small intangible missing. So in that case, it wouldn't mean he had it anyway. I'd say the same about RVD. I'm not saying neither of these guys didn't deserve to take the title though.

I think most of the guys mentioned here--Gunn, Test, Luger, etc--are overachievers. They might not have been able to stay at the top as mentioned, but they never deserved to be in that position in the first place.

*rolls eyes*

Guest Crimson Idol

The Goon (come on, how can u not like the goon!?)

Rhyno in WWE

Credible in WWE

Almost anyone from ECW who went to WWE after ECW went under

I always hear people call Raven as one of the best during the 90's. But whenever I would watch the guy it seems like he was just lazy and couldn't care less about what was going on.

The Goon (come on, how can u not like the goon!?)

Rhyno in WWE

Credible in WWE

Almost anyone from ECW who went to WWE after ECW went under

Dreamer, Storm, RVD, Awesome, and they have Bischoff and Shane-O-Mac headline in the summer of 2003....crazy.

Credible IN ECW is debatable. Credible in WWF/E is not. Huge waste there. Though I still am a huge mark for Aldo Montoya.