TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Taker666

May, 5, 2005 WWE SmackDown! Thread

Chavo's got a ladder!

very good match so far

Am I gonna be the only one posting here?

Oh man! Rey took a backwards powerbomb for the head scissors counter. Ouch!

Very good match, probably the best Smackdown match of the year, only real competition is Angle vs Jannetty

I like the booking here, Eddie stills hates MNM so he takes them out then beats down Mysterio for the heel heat

I like the booking here, Eddie stills hates MNM so he takes them out then beats down Mysterio for the heel heat

That's what I like about Smackdown storylines. Faces and Heels aren't immediately allies; instead most of them look out for themselves or close allies, ie stables or tag teams.

Holy God! Eddie suplexes Mysterio onto the steps, that looked sick. And I'm not gonna post any more comments in this thread 'til someone else steps up here

Guest Trecko
That suplex / ringsteps spot was neat

LOL, I would think the last word that comes to mind after seeing that is "neat". I was in fucking SHOCK. Even the crowd couldn't even think to go "HOLY SHIT!" at that, that looked like that could honest to God injure him. How the fuck could Rey go along with doing that?

LOL, I would think the last word that comes to mind after seeing that is "neat". I was in fucking SHOCK. Even the crowd couldn't even think to go "HOLY SHIT!" at that, that looked like that could honest to God injure him. How the fuck could Rey go along with doing that?

Exactly. That was definitely a Holy Shit...hell for me that was a 'HOLY FUCK' moment. That was just crazy. And I mean, there's just no way to play that safe/pad it, anything. That was just nasty. And with the whole, split mask, Crimson face deal going on, that made it even sicker.

Guest Trecko

Exactly. That was definitely a Holy Shit...hell for me that was a 'HOLY FUCK' moment. That was just crazy. And I mean, there's just no way to play that safe/pad it, anything. That was just nasty. And with the whole, split mask, Crimson face deal going on, that made it even sicker.

Seriously. From reading the spoilers, I thought Eddie just ripped his mask off completely and beat him down, so I was looking forward to that, thinking that was cool. Then when I saw the half ripped masked, I thought that was all, and was kinda disappointed, but still thought there was some viciousness to it, while leaving him with the mask partially on. Don't remember reading shit about the step spot, and seeing him falling flat on his back, no type of give, just right on his back, lyin their, mask half way off, blood pourin from the side that was showin...damn WWE....this is some Attitude era type shit....

I thought it looked cooler only having the mask half ripped off. Seemed to come off great to me.

I've loved the past week of wrestling. First the PPV with a couple of really good matches, a great one on RAW, and another solid one tonight on SD.

Yeah that was one of SMDN's most effective matches and angles in quite some time. Is Eddie perhaps going into full blown "I don't give a shit about anyone" mode?

The crowd reaction was actually exactly what it should have been. The whole "Eddie sucks" chant thing isn't exactly appropo for that moment. The crowd was just in utter shock, note how many people were really disturbed by it.

Guest LooneyTune

Rey better be selling that next week. If Hogan can get away with selling that horrible "draged behind a motorcycle" shit that clearly didn't look painful, I think Rey should be selling like nuts for this.

Guest MikeSC
Rey better be selling that next week. If Hogan can get away with selling that horrible "draged behind a motorcycle" shit that clearly didn't look painful, I think Rey should be selling like nuts for this.

Honestly, for the sake of the workers' health, he needs to sell this for a WHILE.

That was a sick bump. He needs to sell it for a while. It'll be hard to do a significantly sicker bump than that, so if he's only hurting for one week, there won't be too many spots that should be able to hurt anybody for a week.

-=Mike

Was this the first time Chavo's main evented a show in the WWE, barring anything with Los Guerreros?

Was this the first time Chavo's main evented a show in the WWE, barring anything with Los Guerreros?

No. For one I think his last WWE main event match was against Rey for the Cruiser title?But I know he's had a few of them.

Fucking awesome show tonight. Smackdown is great. Eddie's turn and beatdown on Rey was so well done, completed with lucha-esque shots of the audience in quiet shock.

They have sold me on Judgment Day.

Really, the I Quit match would make more sense between Rey and Eddie at this point. It's not like they can just have a regular match between the two now. I guess another street fight is in order.

Sick spot on the steps at the end of the show, though I was worried he was going to do a brainbuster when he had Rey up in the air. Great stuff, I look forward to JD.

Guest LooneyTune

I thought Jim Carrey's character was faking the lisp in the Cable Guy.