TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

A query . . .

Does anybody know which WWE PPVs will be shown on Sky Sports 1 and which will be shown on Sky Sports Box Office please. Its upsetting to find out 2 weeks before the event that your not going to get Survivour Series, WrestleMania and Judgement Day. Backlash, despite being above average to good till the ME (which killed the show), is no subsitute for those 3.

Also, 2 RAW points:

(1) Benjamin is the future IMHO. Was very impressed with his Jerricho and HBK matches. A slow build will do him well.

(2) As much as I like Jerricho, Im glad he got eliminated from the Tourney. Come on, the guy who wins is fodder for Batista.

Guest Lawlerm

From WWE.com

Domestic Specials - Sky Sports - (live satellite feed): New Year's Revolution, No Way Out, Backlash, TBD, Vengeance, Unforgiven

Pay-Per-Views - SKY BOX OFFICE - PPV - (live satellite feed): Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Judgment Day, The Great American Bash, Summerslam, No Mercy, Survivor Series, Armageddon

I presume the TBD is the ECW PPV and they just have't bothered to update it yet. Would have been better have they spread the free ones out a bit rather than put them all at the start of the year. Must just be hoping that people get hooked early and pay for the later ones. Mean's we've only got 2 free + the ECW show which I doubt there'll be a huge market for since ECW was never really shown here.

I guess they might change what ones are free in future years but Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series will always be PPV. I wouldn't be surprised if they're all PPV pretty soon but i'd have though if they were going to have free ones they'd make them the ones that usually have the lowest buyrates (Armageddon etc.).

EDIT: Not sure why Taboo Tuesdays not on either list. Glad to see the guys at WWE.com doing a great job as usual.

Guest Lawlerm

You could always just get the webcast if you really want to see it. Or get someone to record it for you.

Saying that Benjamin is "the future" doesn't really reflect any insight so-much-as-it is stating the obvious. If this was a few years ago... maybe... but right now it's like saying *HHH hits the pedigree on the Hurricane* "IMHO, it's over."

(1) Benjamin is the future IMHO. Was very impressed with his Jerricho and HBK matches. A slow build will do him well.

Most of us thought that Benjamin was the future back when he first showed up with Charlie Haas.

(2) As much as I like Jerricho, Im glad he got eliminated from the Tourney. Come on, the guy who wins is fodder for Batista.

Jericho's credibility is so shot right now that it is hard to do anything with him. I honestly think that a Christian/Batista or hell, even Kane/Batista would attract more interest from fans than Jericho/Batista would at this point. It is not that he isn't a good wrestler, because he is, but nobody buys Jericho as a legitimate threat against even upper midcarders anymore because he has been buried so badly.

Most of us thought that Benjamin was the future back when he first showed up with Charlie Haas.

Nah. At that time it was a Cena-love fest. Only 4 or 5 people here were thinking that highly of Benjamin, most others wrote him off jokingly saying "He's black, so he won't be getting a top spot".

Nah. At that time it was a Cena-love fest. Only 4 or 5 people here were thinking that highly of Benjamin, most others wrote him off jokingly saying "He's black, so he won't be getting a top spot".

We meant in terms of skill. I admit that I thought Charlie would be the one who got pushed. But many of us though Shelton would become the best actual wrestler in the company despite a lack of push. The next Chris Benoit in other words.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I think Benjamin will have a good spot, but I dont think he'll ever be the top guy in the company (HHH jokes aside).

I can see Benjamin being a WWE/World Champion but not necessairly the man up in that piece. I can see him being a safe champion like Angle where you can count on him being a solid worker for fellow main eventers and up and coming upper midcarders to work with.

You could always just get the webcast if you really want to see it. Or get someone to record it for you.

Nobody gets PPV were I live :(

I thought they really had something with Jericho saying he hasn't had a world title shot in three years.

Yes they do, but who ever wins the goldrush is going to be cannon fodder for Batista. If that person would have been Jericho, he should have walked out.

RRR, it wasnt meant as great insight on my part. It was more a case of me saying that hes getting better, but he still has a way to go. Actually, I pimped Benjamin when he 1st came on the scene somewhere here (god knows were) and was into the Minesota Streching Crew and the Dogg Pound. I also rave over his SD 1 night tourney match vs Hass a few years back.

From WWE.com

Domestic Specials - Sky Sports - (live satellite feed): New Year's Revolution, No Way Out, Backlash, TBD, Vengeance, Unforgiven

Pay-Per-Views - SKY BOX OFFICE - PPV - (live satellite feed): Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Judgment Day, The Great American Bash, Summerslam, No Mercy, Survivor Series, Armageddon

TBD is now confirmed as being ECW One Night Stand. and VEngeance has been switched with Great American Bash, with Vengeance now on Box Office like it was last year.

Benjamin's a good wrestler, but charisma-wise, he's still well short of even a Benoit or RVD level. He'll never be the World Champion while he's that damn boring, and he really needs some sort of gimmick change if he's going to make any headway whatsoever.

I find him boring as far as charmisma and on the mic.

But i think his in ring work is more entertaining than 80% of the WWE roster. I think he could be champion some day.

He's "boring" on the mic because the writing of his promos suck. He just shouldn't be cutting the promos that he's cutting, his personality doesn't "fit" them. That's a writing error. The guy is charismatic though. His facial expressions are great, he has a unique look (being one of the few black guys helps), and his voice is perfect for a certain kind of promos (very deep voice, they should be making him darth vader and instead he's lord helmet, with the dialogue he's spewing.) And even with the bad writing, his delivery is clear, he rarely goofs-up, and he puts the effort in saying it.

no doubt the writing is a big part of his promos sucking. I just don't buy his acting and his delivery. But he's not horrible. I'd say he's on the same level as Batista in terms of mic work and general acting.

They are playing a character.....they HAVE to act! This is acting, Promos are acting.

That is just obvious.

The trouble with that theory is that the people don't look at wrestling like it's a genuine acting performance. If people want to see good acting, they're going to watch a drama. People want characters and personalities they believe in, and the truly great personalities don't act; they just be themselves, and turn the volume up. And that isn't acting, because they're not pretending to be what they're not.

I guess it all depends on how you define acting.

I think every one of them is acting. Even if they are themselves with the volume turned up. It's still not themselves. They are acting like they hate the other guy in the ring. i.e. - Triple H acts like he hates Batista.

I call it acting, cuz in a sense they are all playing characters. Especially promos.

The objective of acting is different than the objective of cutting promos. Promos, in wrestling, is meant to make people want to pay money. To hype up a match. You don't have to be a great actor to do that. Hulk Hogan was not a great actor, as shown in his films, but the man could get people to pay to see him wrestle. It's a different animal. That's why you don't see many successful wrestling/acting crossovers, because cutting promos is different from reciting dialogue. Unfortunately, the WWE doesn't realize this, which is why Benjamin doesn't come off well - he isn't cutting promos, he is reciting dialogue.

Benjamin's fine on the mic. I think that was shown when him and Jericho had their insult fest on the Highlight Reel. It was a decent script and he cut a good interview. These vanilla interviews he has been doing in the last year or so don't cut it. He can't be a plain interview if he is so flashy and impressive in the ring. His style demands cockiness, and that's shown in the ring and in his attitude, but it isn't always shown in his interviews. His in ring personality and his out ring personality should not be so radically different. His mini program with Triple H and his recent feud with Jericho are the only two times when I've seen his in ring and out ring persona match each other.

True cutting promos used to be ad-libbing some parts. Now it's all scripted.

Cutting a promo is acting. Terry Bollea could act....but he could only act like Hulk Hogan. it's the only character he could play well. Cuz he was making the hulk hogan character as much as the writers were. Now wrestlers have less control over what their character has to say or do. So they have to rely more on acting then they ever did before to get over.

btw: reciting dialogue = acting

Cutting a promo is acting. Terry Bollea could act....but he could only act like Hulk Hogan. it's the only character he could play well.

No, Terry Bollea IS Hulk Hogan. It's just an exagerrated version.

Same thing with Austin. Austin was not a great actor during his hot run. He was just good at being himself in front of a crowd. There's a difference.