TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

KROQ Weenie Roast

The KROQ Weenie Roast is coming up on May 21st in LA and I really want to go. I don't have the $60, however (I know, you've all heard that story from me before). Is anyone else going or has anyone been to the show in years past? The lineup looks fantastic:

leftside.gif

Audioslave

Foo Fighters

Hot Hot Heat

Interpol

Jimmy Eat World

The Killers

My Chemical Romance

MxPx

Queens of the Stone Age

KROQ Budweiser Stage Two

Special Appearance-Mars Volta

Alkaline Trio

Bloc Party

The Bravery

Dead 60's

The Transplants

Plus, Open Air Stereo

Those are all bands I really like, with the exceptions of Interpol (shitty), Bloc Party (only heard 1 song), Dead 60's and Open Ait Stereo (never heard of either).

Lotsa good bands

Liar.

But I also think that Interpol's also far and away the best band on that list. Maybe Queens of the Stone Age in their greatest moments.

I like both QotSA and Interpol, but QOTSA fucking annihilates Interpol live. Interpol's opening act, Blonde Redhead annihilated them live as well, but they may have been the best live group I've seen.

How can anyone like the Bravery?

Looks like a good show, tho.

Motley Crue have been added as stage 1 headliners. There's supposed to be a webcast of the show on KROQ.com, so I'll probably check that out because I like quite a few of the bands on there.

How can anyone like the Bravery?

I like the one song I've heard, "An Honest Mistake." It irritated me when I first heard it on MVP Baseball 2005 in February, but after repeated listenings while playing the game (there are 8 or 9 looping tracks by various artists) I started to enjoy the song, and now that it's a radio single, I like it enough to not change the station at least.

Motley Crue? Wow, now I really wish I could go to the show. At least I can watch the webcast.

I was thinking of making the trip down, but two of the bands that are currently out touring aren't playing the show (Social Distortion and Garbage), maybe they'll play the ACX show in December.

Watching the webcast right now on KROQ.com, just gotta say... Chris Cornell looks fucking stupid singing Rage songs.

But how does he sound?

Cornell was awful tonight. I'd been hearing from a lot of people how he was still one of the best singers in rock today, and I finally saw him and it was one of the worst performances I've seen. QOTSA were definitely on tonight and Foo Fighters are much better than I was expecting.

I really want to see an Audioslave show sometime this year...but Im disturbed by these poor reviews, hopefully its not a normal thing.

How was Bloc Party? -edit- Let me know after they play on the webcast...

The Bravery's album was a CHORE to listen to. It was like someone decided to mate The Killers and Franz Ferdinand just to see the results. The only good song is "An Honest Mistake".

Vince Neil sounds like Axl Rose did at the 2002 VMA's. Basically.. he's trying to sound like he used to, and coming off horribly.

The highlight of the Motley set so far was during that horrible version of Live Wire, Tommy's microphone was still on for some reason and right in the middle he says "This sounds like shit"

What's the name of this new song they are playing right now?

That was called Sick Love Song. It sounds real good on the album, Vince was way off on that live version though. He pretty much only sang the words that rhyme. The music video for it is all footage from the current tour and it's awesome. You can check it out here if you want to:

http://www.cruedawg.com/files/videos/Motle...k_Love_Song.wmv