GreatWhiteNope

The OAO RAW Thread - 5/30/05

Rate this week's RAW - 5/30/05  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rate this week's RAW - 5/30/05

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Images of Batista in a pristine white suit, with the suit and the WHT covered in Hunter's blood as he stares at the camera looking like Vince when he came up over the apron at Ric Flair.

Just a cool, somewhat crazy smile and a little laugh as he holds up a dented chair.

Lets see, the good: The Return of Snitsky, heel Lita (I still like her more as a heel. At least she's little more interesting in my eyes), Victoria Snaping,more of EMO KANE!, Batista Kicking ass, and of course, Christien.

The Bad: Everything else. Even Viscera wasn't interesting this week, and that's saying something.

Edited by lovecraft231

Unless HHH has decided to move on from chasing the world title, they've really booked themselves into a corner here.  No one wants to see HHH win HiaC, and furthermore, Batista NEEDS to win HiaC.

Don't jinx it.

Guest Trecko
I think that Edge should have cut that promo the same way, only:

EDGE: Lita, could you come talk to Kane?

LITA: *gets off her knees and stands up into the shot* Hello, Kane.

Instant uber-heel.

YES. That's what I was waiting for the whole time, too. It would've made SO much more sense.

Yeah, moment of the night was a toss up between Victoria's assault or Batista's.

I can already hear HHH saying 'Batista's head isn't in the game(or something). Sure he can beat two guys to a bloody pulp, but HIAC will be nothing compared to that'

Funniest moment had to be during Shelton/La Res when Grenier had Shelton in a corner and didn't know what to do, so Conway yelled 'Do Something!'

Better RAW than expected

Also, if Jericho really does stop wrestling, I think he'd be a good replacement for Conan O Brien. Of course NBC would probably nix the idea. But I thought it would be a cool idea

Edited by slimm44

I cant tell if I'm in the minority or not, but I thought this was one of the worst Raws in at least 3 months or so. They had been on a decent roll for the most part even before Mania, but I guess a streak needs to end somewhere.

I was at Raw and here are some notes:

-The chant that you may not have understood was "Taber Corn." Some guy had the sign and started the chant. Funny stuff.

-The crowd completely ignored the HHH promo, instead focusing on some woman fighting her ejection and getting the boot. That's why the crowd started up the "Goodbye Song."

-Christian was mad over and he got one of the best reactions of the night.

-The Victoria heel turn got a great reaction but half of that was probably the Canadian crowd cheering heels as usual.

-They played a Jericho promo during the break to try and turn the crowd against him but of course it didn't work.

Raw's main problem is that there is really nothing going on right now. Seriously, Smackdown of late has had legit feuds and issues between wrestlers. Aside from HHH's neverending world title crap, Raw doesn't really have much going on. There's also Bischoff's vendetta with ECW but that's an abstract feud that takes years of understanding to really grasp.

I suppose the Edge/Jobbers beating up Benoit was fairly compelling tonight but it didn't seem like "Bischoff's thugs beating up an ECW guy" but moreso just "Edge and Co. attack Benoit as part of an existing feud." It's odd that they are featuring Benoit so much in this ECW angle since most fans don't associate Benoit with ECW in the least, and he's certainly not the most ideal guy to do violent hardcore matches like they want to feature.

Thing is, we KNOW these Raw chumps are going to get killed come June 12. 100%, it's going to happen. While I doubt they care how bad Snitsky, Maven, and Tomko get trashed I have to wonder if they want Edge or Angle getting owned. If Edge gets his I'd think Benoit would do that for revenge.

I know they've announced some matches online but are they going to actually give the full lineup on TV? It's seems really dumb not to.

Why is Benoit - who was in WCW first and longer - being the ECW whipping boy?

Rhyno was fired..lol. Probably because he's got nothing else to do. I mean the feud between him and Edge has been going on since March. But don't worry. I'm sure he'll pull a Superman and beat up every RAW and Smackdown guy...and Bischoff at the PPV.

Also, if Jericho really does stop wrestling, I think he'd be a good replacement for Conan O Brien. Of course NBC would probably nix the idea. But I thought it would be a cool idea

Nah. Jericho gets stale doing ten minutes of material a week on a wrestling show. If he had his own show for an hour a night, he'd wear thin real fast.

Batista was in the elimination chamber.

What -exactly- would be the difference between a HIAC and an elimination chamber that would make a HIAC more dangerous?

Well thanks to Michael Cole we're all aware of the dangers of getting your finger caught in there.

-The chant that you may not have understood was "Taber Corn." Some guy had the sign and started the chant. Funny stuff.

-The crowd completely ignored the HHH promo, instead focusing on some woman fighting her ejection and getting the boot. That's why the crowd started up the "Goodbye Song."

-The Victoria heel turn got a great reaction but half of that was probably the Canadian crowd cheering heels as usual.

-They played a Jericho promo during the break to try and turn the crowd against him but of course it didn't work.

Didja buy a program? If so, it may have been from me.

I changed the channel when they showed Triple H getting ready for his interview. I didn't turn it back on and pretty much forgot it was on. It will stay that way for now. Whenever I see Triple H on my screen, I will turn it off.

Edited by CBright7831

I changed the channel when they showed Triple H getting ready for his interview. I didn't turn it back on and pretty much forgot it was on. It will stay that way for now. Whenever I see Triple H on my screen, I will turn it off.

Stephanie_McMahon_and_Triple_H_BT03.sized.jpg

TRIPLE H IS ON YOUR SCREEN! MAH GAWD!

And I just had to post this pic... I typed Triple H on google, and I got this...

mpphhh.jpg

1. What's the actual difference between mediocre and bad?

Why not great, above-average, average, below-average, bad?

2. The new Batista theme is indeed performed by Saliva.

Edited by bravesfan

1. What's the actual difference between mediocre and bad?

Why not great, above-average, average, below-average, bad?

I'm not Scott Keith, and I never will be.

You people are too accustomed to rating things on 5-scales.

Just say whether it sucks or not and move on.

Edited by GreatWhiteNope

Meh...didn't really think it need it's own thread.

credit wrestlezone.com

There was an incident involving a fan at last night's RAW house show in Victoria. A teenager ran into the ring while Batista was interacting with the crowd after beating Ric Flair and Triple H in the main event. When he got into the ring, Triple H shoved him into the ropes and he took a nasty whiplash.

The referee then speared the kid through the ropes, with security grabbing him and cuffing him. When he began to struggle, a female officer grabbed him by the throat and they dragged him away.

Triple H then began playing off of it, and challenging people from the crowd to come in.

Lol...if you're gonna run into the ring...at least do it while the cameras are on.

Didja buy a program? If so, it may have been from me.

Nope, didn't buy a program. In fact, I didn't buy anything at all since the merch in general was pretty mediocre. I was hoping for the ECW shirt to be there but it wasn't.

Guest MideonMark

Victoria's gimmick from now on should be similar to Positively Kanyon. Have her run around just randomly kicking men in the balls. Ring technicians, timekeepers etc.

The whole face/heel dynamic in the HHH/Batista feud puzzles me. Hunter is playing the strong, fearless role who feels he should have the title and is looking FOWARD to the cell match to get his hands on the guy that has "his" belt. Batista, on the other hand, tried to kill a guy AND his small, defensless manager for basically no reason. Um....Yay? Go Batista?

Edited by Angle-plex

As stupid as it may be, it's not exactly pointless. In wrestling especially. Just like when HHH is pissed off at someone, he takes it out on the Hurricane, to send a message pretty much. And John Cena beat the hell out of the Bashams, as a message to JBL. Even IRL, a big country, my decide to bomb a small helpless country to send a message to their enemies. Batista even said that was the point when Hassan challenged him didn't he? To send a message to HHH.

So I don't see how it was pointless. Other then the fact that they used Hassan...they could have used anybody, but it's the same effect.