TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

The Masterlock Challenge

Does this segment blow or what? Every week Masters gets on the main show, and every week he gets no reaction. This week he knocked out Val Venis. Wow! I care about him now!

All this guy has done so far in his WWE tenure is knock out a jobber (Steven Richards), another jobber (Val Venis), and a bunch of people IN THE AUDIENCE. Am I supposed to be impressed?

I feel like I've seen the same segment every week for the past three months. They are building the eventual blowoff to this angle up like Sting/Hogan and I just don't have the patience for it. I'm pretty much ready for Masters to be in, you know, a real feud.

So with that, who would you put Masters in a feud with? Personally, I would pick the other worthless sack that gets TV time despite his non-reactions: Viscera. It would have a certain train-wreck appeal that would work while not sending anyone worth a damn down to Master's level.

If they wanted to just drop the whole angle, and send him down to OVW, I wouldn't complain one peep.

Oh, and if OVW's too drastic, Smackdown would work too.

Edited by iggymcfly

Here's the thing. Masters has one good quality. It's not his body, it's not his wrestling, it's not his promos. His one good quality is that he looks like a jerk. Square-jaw, short hair, and a smirk. He'd fit in any generic college football movie (Yes, I AM thinking Necessary Roughness). Thing is, they aren't really having him do any extraordinary jerk tactics. And they haven't set up Scott Bacula-like foil that we, the fans, can identify with and cheer for. Val Venis? What's the difference between Val Venis and Chris Masters? Both are tanned, muscular, full of themselves. The only reason they have given us to boo Masters (and they've been pushing him going on SIX MONTHS) is that the guy is muscular and he takes cheap shots. But we're in a post-Austin era where the faces take cheap shots. And we are also in a post-Hogan era where everyone is big and muscular. And hey, why should the fans boo a guy who isn't afraid to challenge the entire locker room?

They need to make Masters Biff. He needs to say "Helloooo, McFlyyy!", and there needs to be a McFly. I say put him with Simon Dean and Maven, because they're doing the same schtick, and have them be his cronies.... Dean can wear the 3-D glasses. At least that will make him somewhat important... on heat.

The only thing I can figure is they need to end this in a few weeks (take a few weeks of this crap off on Raw, put it on Heat, and then have another on Raw where it will end) with them having someone who is a new draft pick from Smackdown show up and beat the challenge (this would be a good way to introduce them to the Raw show much like Jericho is going to do with a new pick next week), then starting a ready made feud where the new Raw guy (maybe Charlie Haas?) can get a decent rub from going over a undefeated Masters. Then for the love of all that is good in the world, fucking give up on this Masters guy, WWE - he's one of more useless talents on the roster and needs to either be left on a secondary show or else brought back to OVW, or even (preferably) outright let go.

I had a really dirty, depressing idea for Masters. I'm thinking Bischoff will pick Angle next week and that gives a logical "Lame challenge vs. lame challenge" scenario where Angle breaks the Master Lock and Masters can win the gold medals.

I think Angle will be coming to Raw, but the challenges won't meet.

Angle and Bischoff will start looking out for each others' interests due to their mutual hate for ECW.