TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SWF Smarkdown Card for June 6, 2005!

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF SMARKDOWN, JUNE 6TH, 2005, LIVE FROM THE CAIRO INTERNATIONAL STADIUM IN CAIRO, EGYPT!

(8:00 PM EST; 5:00 PM PST. Check local listings.)

The Cairo International Stadium seats 75,750 people. However, feel free to pretend you are in fact writing the Memphis Pyramid.

On second thought, don't.

All materials (marked matches, promos, unsolved riddles of the Sphinx) due to Chuck Woolery by:

10:00 Eastern

9:00 Central

8:00 Mountain

7:00 Pacific

MAIN EVENT - TAG TEAM FACE-OFF

Ejiro Fasaki © and "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs. Toxxic and Johnny Dangerous

~ Ejiro's going to make his first title defense on pay-per-view in St. Peter's Square, and who better to sharpen him than perennial challenger Johnny Dangerous? Johnny may or may not see action in the PPV main event, but he's always rising to the top. Meanwhile, there's no love lost between Spike Jenkins and Toxxic, and they're always ready to rage through the ring.

Rules: Standard. Use the tag ropes.

Word Limit: 5500

Send to: Chuck Woolery

MATCH TWO OF THREE

"The Critic" Scott Pretzler vs. Wildchild

~ Match One, a submission match, gave Pretzler the duke. This time, the stipulation just might fall in Wildchild's favor. Only time will tell.

Rules: They know it, not me.

Word Limit: 5000

Send to: Ace309 - god, I love these guys.

HOLY FLURKING SCHNIT! DID I BOOK THIS?

Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix vs. Lil' Buck

~ How can we say no to booking two of the SWF's top competitors in a dream match here in Egypt? We just can't.

Rules: Standard.

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: 5_moves_of_doom

CRUISERWEIGHT EXTRAVAGANZA - NON-TITLE

Insane Luchador ©© vs. "The Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke

~ Hawke has made it clear where his sights are set, and it's not on the Cruiserweight Championship. Still, tonight he gets a chance to impress the booking committee and make an impression on Arch Griffon by taking on the Cruiserweight Champion!

Rules: Standard, with cruiserweight addenda: Throwing the opponent over the top rope is an immediate disqualification. The count on the outside is 20, not 10.

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: chirs3

POP THE CROWD-O-RAMA

"Maniac" Bryan Rodgers vs. Uncle Filthy

~ Rodgers gets the stage for a while. Why? Because the crowd loves him, that's why.

Word Limit: 3500

OPENING MATCH

Zyon vs. Martin "Big Country" Hunt

~ Hunt's the welcome wagon, and Zyon's the new neighbor! Let's see what he's got.

Word Limit: 3000

Send to: Ace309

Opening Promo: Unclaimed

Plus - This is the last show before we finish the first leg of the It's The End Of The World As We Know It Tour (and I feel fine) with an epic pay-per-view in the Vatican! Shame Muhammed Koran isn't around for it. Let's see some promo action!

MAIN EVENT - TAG TEAM FACE-OFF

Ejiro Fasaki © and "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs. Toxxic and Johnny Dangerous

~ Ejiro's going to make his first title defense on pay-per-view in St. Peter's Square, and who better to sharpen him than perennial challenger Johnny Dangerous? Johnny may or may not see action in the PPV main event, but he's always rising to the top. Meanwhile, there's no love lost between Spike Jenkins and Toxxic, and they're always ready to rage through the ring.

Rules: Standard. Use the tag ropes.

Word Limit: 5500

This is gonna' need some 'splanin' so I guess I better promo.

I'd just like to call attention to the fact that I booked a dream match because I can.

Thank you, that is all.

How exactly is Landon v Buck a dream match?

Just curious and all.

Like that monkey, Curry Greg.

I like monkeys.

Yeah. Monkeys rule.

How exactly is Landon v Buck a dream match?

Just curious and all.

Um, two top contenders. Favorable style matchup (spot monkey vs. streetfighter). It's solid shit.

Guest Goodear

Sooooo.... I figure these mix and match tag matches are starting to get a little repetitive. Of course this one makes a crap load more sense except for the Johnny teaming with Toxxic kind of sense. But I totally need to direct Ejiro a bit more towards something other than 'Me hate Toxxic and cheat again'. Of course... I'm not sure to go with that ....

help...

help me...

eeeeeeeee...

When was the last multi-man match we had? Aside from the TLC Match. I can't remember the last straight up triple threat we had.

Oh, and my match is done, pending proofread. So unless my computer blows up or something, I am shockingly going to show.

When was the last multi-man match we had? Aside from the TLC Match. I can't remember the last straight up triple threat we had.

I should point out that I just don't book them, for a few reasons. First, Smarkdown is the pure-wrestling show, and regardless of what ROH does, multi-man matches aren't consistent with that concept for me. They're most appropriate on the hardcore (ie, ECW-influenced) Storm, and are fully appropriate on the sports-entertainment Lockdown as well, but not on Smarkdown. Second, along the same vein, I try to keep Smarkdown a place where you more or less know what you're going to get. We used to have new writers who would get hit with five or six hardcore matches and lose interest, so I try to make sure that everyone gets something relatively straight-up at least once every two weeks.

Third, I hate multi-man matches. :) If you'd like more of them, as I said, I think they're more appropriate on the other two shows... but if the demand is there, I'm not going to tell you no. We'll see how it shakes out.

The last Triple Threat I remember was me vs Janus vs Flesher nearly a year ago.

No actually, it was the Jet vs Kelly vs Megan Christmas Star match at Slay Ride :)

Well, I'm probably the only person in the fed who enjoys writing multi-man matches.

It probably has something to do with me being spot-tastic and not plot-tastic, I don't know, but it takes me an age to sort out what to do and then get around to devoting time to it, at least in a straight up singles or straight up tag. Likely because I've been in so damn many of them this year (especially now I'm writing most of my OAOAST stuff too). And it doesn't help that half of them have been against Johnny.

I'm cool with Buck because it's a new character. I'm cool with singles matches and tag matches in principal too. But something different and more 'wacky' or whatever once in a while would be nice. If only because I'm good at those types of matches. Hence the battle royal win. And the CFuck. TLC. Office Brawl. Hardcore #1 Contender 4 way. Three way with Mike and Spike...

I always loved writing multi-man matches, but I hated threeways. I think even numbers just work better, because people can pair off, and there's none of that "dump someone out of the ring and ignore them for a while so it can be a singles match" going on.

Edited by chirs3

As far as I know.

Unfortunately, Hitlist won't be writing for a while, but he wanted to get his character established. Ergo, no bookings for a bit.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have promo'ed for this show.

Three times.

They all develop a storyline that one guy threw at me last night. Two of them involve two completely different characters.

Here's hoping everyone who was tangentally involved is pleasantly surprised by this storyline.

Well, I have no-showed (First since semi-triumphant return), so this should be Buck's first losing streak. Sorry to everyone, but stuff was mad wacky this week(end) for me, and I know they have different styles and whatnot, but after having just written a match against smaller, faster Ejiro, I didn't know what to do against smaller, faster Landon.

Maybe in a few weeks (Or months, or something), Tom will get a competitive dream matchumz.

Also: Some of you bastards - hit the buffet and gain some weight. I wonder if people who wrote against Andrea had the same problems...