TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

Pepsi Lime

Cherry seems to have stuck around. That's the only non-standard Pepsi I care for. Screw everything else, including Diet.

I know someone who drinks Caffiene free, Diet Pepsi. Where's the taste!?

Dames

Pepsi seems to do a much better job of blending the flavors in their drinks than Coke does. Vanilla Coke, Coke with Lemon...they all taste disjointed. Like cola at first, then whatever flavor it's supposed to be. Pepsi doesn't have that problem with their drinks.

Although Lime Coke is definitely Coca Cola's best drink since Cherry Coke.

Cherry seems to have stuck around.  That's the only non-standard Pepsi I care for.  Screw everything else, including Diet. 

I know someone who drinks Caffiene free, Diet Pepsi.  Where's the taste!?

Dames

I've drank diet cola as long as I have been diabetic, for eight years now. When I drink regular cola, I notice the pure sugar right away. I can't stand drinking anything that is not diet.

Lime Pepsi is vastly superior to Lime Coke.

When I bought a 20 oz. Lime Coke, I took one sip and that was the end of that bottle.

I'm with both Al and Slayer here.

I can't drink regular soda. Only diet. Once you drink diet for long enough, regular tastes disgusting.

And Pepsi makes a much better lime than Coke. I thought Coke with Lime was awful.

Coke definitely does Vanilla better than Pepsi, though. IMO.

I drink diet just because, with the amount of soda I consume (a 12 pack or so per day) the sugar and empty calories would lead to considerable weight gain if I drank regular. I'm a cafgeine addict, though, definitely.

With that said, fruit flavored sodas rule. Diet Cherry Coke is great, as is Diet Orange from Albertson's.... But my favorite is Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I have yet to try Pepsi Lime.

Cherry seems to have stuck around.  That's the only non-standard Pepsi I care for.  Screw everything else, including Diet. 

I know someone who drinks Caffiene free, Diet Pepsi.  Where's the taste!?

Dames

caffeine adds taste?

anyhow I dont understand the point of adding lemon or lime to colas, If I wanted lemon and lime, I would have bought a sprite(which is in fact my fav soda ever)

Actually I have only tried diet coke with lemon and it was ok.

in truth, as part of my diet plan , I gave up soda in late december, and much to my surprise I dont miss it.

Dont drink too much diet, aspartame can give you stomach cramps or diarreah if you have too much (at least for me, thats also why I gave up sodas lol)

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I don't trust that Splenda shit.

...with the amount of soda I consume (a 12 pack or so per day) ...

Your poor poor kidneys.

Reading some websites about the dangers of Splenda (its apparently horrible for your body, but the Government is doing some sort of conspiracy to kill off all the diabetics and fat people on low carb diets..or something..) and Aspartame, I learned a couple of cool facts..

1) Current Diet Coke is based off the failed New Coke

2) Coca Cola Zero will be based on Coke Classic and should be out sometime this summer

3) Pepsi One will be changed and sweetened with Splenda. Diet Pepsi is based off Regular Pepsi, Pepsi One is some kind of weird concoction they came up with by accident.

I dont understand the need for 2 Diet Versions of both Pepsi and Coke, but it might explain why Diet Coke to me tastes nothing like Coke at all.

Reading some websites about the dangers of Splenda (its apparently horrible for your body, but the Government is doing some sort of conspiracy to kill off all the diabetics and fat people on low carb diets..or something..) and Aspartame, I learned a couple of cool facts..

I certainly hope you don't believe this.

I tried Coca Cola Zero yesterday....it reminded me of that C2 soda, where it doesn't taste fully regular but not fully diet either. For a soda with zero calories, it tastes fine, but I don't see it becoming too popular.

I certainly hope you don't believe this.

If you just do a google search for splenda, you'll turn up a ton of information about splenda. Some of its pretty scary actually.

Diabetics:

" One small study of diabetic patients using sucralose showed a statistically significant increase in glycosylated hemoglobin, a marker of long-term blood glucose levels. Glycosylated hemoglobin is used as a marker to assess glycemic control in diabetic patients, and in uncontrolled diabetes, the number is elevated. "

I work at a rehab hospital and I would say 40% of the patients are on diabetic diets and they get 3 packets of splenda a day at each meal..

Fat people on low carb diets:

"Because sucralose is a chlorinated molecule, when metabolized, some of the chlorine and other substances in splenda (including arsenic, or rat poison) is taken by the system. Alarming? Yes, when we realize that chlorinated molecules serve as the basis for pesticides like DDT and accumulate in body fat."

If the toxins accumulate in fat..

http://theearthcenter.com/ff44splenda2.html

Granted..not the most reputable site, but it cooroberates with a lot of other sites out there that you can find on splenda or any other artificial sweeteners for that matter.

The FDA clearly rushed their approval..very few human tests and the ones that were done were far from positive.

Anyway, theres little way to avoid the stuff and eat healthy at the same time, but Id say I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Oh, I'm with you on the negative effects of sucralose. I have a Nutrition degree, so I know all about it. However, the part I was questioning was the government conspiracy.

Oh, I'm with you on the negative effects of sucralose. I have a Nutrition degree, so I know all about it. However, the part I was questioning was the government conspiracy.

It all comes back to the FDA and aparently they rushed the testing and didn't even do long term studies on humans. The studies they did do on humans showed less than stellar results, so they know that even in the short term this stuff can't be good for most people, and yet they still approved it without any further testing.

Oh..as for Pepsi Lime, I've had it, its ok.

Im surprised I didn't like Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper as much as I thought I would.

I drink too much Diet Cola for my own good. As a diabetic though, I try to eat foods that do not contain sugar instead of artificially sweetened foods. Some of the stuff the Atkins fad produced was a joke. Low carb brownies? Some of the stuff we consume barely qualifies as food.

I remember in health class out teacher showed us the back of a sweet n low packet and it said "Contains sacchrine, which has been known to cause cancer in lab rats" I can't beleive they can sell that crap then.

Diet coke is scary. I don't drink it and never will. I found it easier to go from regular pop to water than to diet pop.

And on topic, I really, really like Pepsi Lime and I miss Pepsi Twist. That was good shit.

Guest Angora Jellyfish

They can directly put rat poison into Diet Coke, and if it rids it of the horrible AA (aspartame aftertaste) then I drink it all the same. Diet Coke with Splenda was the messiach of diet cola.