GreatWhiteNope

One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Did they ever show the entire Roadkill/DD segment, or did they just totally fuck it up and never go back to it? If they went back to it, I totally missed it.

:( nope it got cut out right when Doring came out and then never showed it again.

Guest *KNK*
Oh, the trailer I didn't mind, but the only other major gripe...plug for HHH/Batista on whatever the fuck Raw PPV is next.

I honestly don't give .001% of a damn, especially after that.

The movie trailer made no sense, but the Vengence one did as Vince McMahon did say he bankrolled this show. Makes sense he would plug his next ppv on this ppv...

just one of about 10 things that WWEized this.

Did the feed cut off for ya during the Spike Dudley run in?  Did for me and kinda went in and out the rest of the night which was only like 15 minutes.

Yep. The same thing happened to me.

Is this commonplace or do ya think we can score some partial refunds or something? Never ordered a webcast before.

One of the best parts of the show, to me, was that at times it felt like a show that didn't have any ties to WWE. The RVD stuff, Heyman, etc... Who would have thought we would have seen it to that extreme?

That was like something you'd hear at a show seperate from WWE.

Guest JMA
Did the feed cut off for ya during the Spike Dudley run in?  Did for me and kinda went in and out the rest of the night which was only like 15 minutes.

Is this commonplace or do ya think we can score some partial refunds or something? Never ordered a webcast before.

Neither have I. Who here has ordered a webcast before?

The more I think about it, the more I hate the fact that Austin was there. I guess he felt he'd been away too long and needed the rub more then the ECW guys did.

I think it had more to do with everyone that hated Bischoff going over him.

And Austin had the best story of getting fucked over by Eric, so hey, why not?

Guest *KNK*

At least Foley felt like Mick Foley/Catcus Jack, while Steve Austin was STONE COLD. the WWE persona, not the ecw version.

Same with Mysterio, Guerrero and Benoit.

Jericho at least made the physical effort to revert to ECW.

Guest *KNK*
The more I think about it, the more I hate the fact that Austin was there. I guess he felt he'd been away too long and needed the rub more then the ECW guys did.

They blew that angle off years ago.

It should have Paul slapping the piss out of Eric, not Austin stunning Eric which we've seen 100 times.

Guest *KNK*

It should have Paul slapping the piss out of Eric, not Austin stunning Eric which we've seen 100 times.

Well when ordering this PPV you just had to know that not everything was going to be as it was back in the day. All the same I don't think there was anything that flat out betrayed the audience or the ECW tradition. Would have liked to see more out of Eddy. He seemed kinda off tonight.

It should have been, WWE/ECW guys brawl out of the arena. Bischoff is left in the ring with JBL or someone and Heyman. 911 comes out and chokeslams JBL, then gives Bischoff an even bigger chokeslam than Fonzie got back in the day, maybe through a table or something. That's just nitpicking though.

Neither have I. Who here has ordered a webcast before?

I get webcasts all the time while at school...so I know that they can be annoying due to lags. There are times when the feeds has been cut off, and sometimes at the WRONG TIME, but it happens. I thought it was ok for 18bux but for 35 I'd be pissed because they reason they raised the price were due to supposed upgrades to prevent that sheet.

All I can say is that I watched the show from the same bar that I've been going to for the past 4 years and I have NEVER seen a reaction to a PPV like that before. It wasn't perfect, but it delivered.

It was brilliant, plain and simple. Dreamer and Heyman booked it, Vince and Dunn just looked on. Dreamer and Heyman ought to be congradulated.