GreatWhiteNope

One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

This was probably THE BEST PPV this year so far!

Gotta love the Heyman shoot (It's EDGE! HIDE YOUR WIVES!) (JBL, the ONLY REASON YOU WERE CHAMP FOR ONE YEAR WAS BECAUSE HHH DOESN'T WORK ON TUESDAYS!)

Tanaka/Awesome was a great match. Benoit/Guerrero could have been WAY better. The WWE invasion NEVER HAPPENED! At least the ECW fans got their chances to diss the WWE, with a fan spitting at Eric's face, and the biggest FUCK YOU SMACKDOWN chant EVER..

Well, I just forked over $35 for the webcast and will probably eat another $20 for the dvd and it's ALL worth it!!! Tremendously fun pay per view which did ECW all kinds of justice.

During the 1st round of "Crusader" promos, I was kinds sick to my stomach but once RVD came down to shut them up, all was right w/ the world again!

What an awesome event. My biggest worry is the DVD will be edited to all hell. Most of the entrance themes will probably be edited out, as well as most of the crowd chants.

I thought it was an amazing PPV, and yes, it really reminded me of an old ECW show, some stuff that wasn't as good as others, but all in all it was a stellar show. The Tanaka/Awesome match was amazing. I thought that Beniot/Gurerro wasn't bad, but it could have been longer, and parts were just dead. The international 3-way could have gone a little longer, but it was still awesome. Other than that everything else was amazing, and they didn't do *too* much WWE stuff.

I hope the buyrate for this show goes through the roof.

Guest *KNK*

There was a reason I watched this live because I know WWE will censor the dvd

What an awesome event. My biggest worry is the DVD will be edited to all hell. Most of the entrance themes will probably be edited out, as well as most of the crowd chants.

WWE owns all the themes except "Enter Sandman". They bought the ECW song library which includes everything they played tonight except that.

I thought the RVD promo was all that it could be, the only thing that was missing was a HHH reference, but Heyman took care of that. Great show, start to finish, matches could have been a little longer, but what we saw was awesome. I, too hope this gets a big buyrate, and that Vengeance gets fuck all.

It'll be hard for them to edit out "Enter Sandman" unless they want a few minutes of total silence since the whole crowd was singing along with it, that certainly won't work if they dub some generic crap over the top of it.

Well, this caused the most users ever on TSM at one time, so be proud guys!

I'm going to try and order the replay. Aside from the bleeps throughout tonight's show, would there be anymore censoring or anything?

I doubt they'll censor a five minute Sandman entrance. Its not as if Vince doesnt have the money to pay Metallica for the use of the song.

It'll be hard for them to edit out "Enter Sandman" unless they want a few minutes of total silence since the whole crowd was singing along with it, that certainly won't work if they dub some generic crap over the top of it.

They did with RVD's theme on "Rise and Fall of ECW"

I'm going to try and order the replay. Aside from the bleeps throughout tonight's show, would there be anymore censoring or anything?

I really doubt it unless if using HHH's name in vein is a censorable offense. I know the bleeping sounds like it'd be annoying but it really wasn't that bad.

I'm not sure if people are blind or just being pussies, but I'll say it: Benoit vs Guerrero was fucking BAD.

It wasn't bad... but it was just a Raw TV match when they could and should have had a classic.

Guest *KNK*
I'm not sure if people are blind or just being pussies, but I'll say it: Benoit vs Guerrero was fucking BAD.

I ripped it eariler, the second they came out in wwe tights, I knew their hearts werent in it. Im just glad it was short.

Edge stole the spotlight again anyways

Benoit-Guerrero to me was the definition of going through the motions. Both guys looked completely disinterested from the start, and it showed.

Eddy might have also gained the honor of the worst selling of the Crippler Crossface ever.

Heyman talking about Matt Hardy was well funny. Everything was great even the matches that weren't as good as they could be. Bring on more ECW. Best most fun PPV for years.