TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

The OAO RAW Thread for June 13th, 2005

Well yeah, it's an act of defiance to say "Fuck Vengeance!"  Sure it won't really change much of anything either way but this is a way of fans to stick it to HHH by not buying a PPV with his stale act, going against Batista for the 3RD TIME.  And yes, they are in fact blatantly loading this show up with top matches in some bizarre attempt to outshine the ECW PPV (which basically had zero hype matchwise).  I might even watch this PPV, but I am going to get a laugh out of them loading the PPV with top guys only to have the ECW show beat their ass anyway.

But the fact remains...ALL of this money goes to the WWE, so what does it matter? So this whole 'act of defiance' IMO is pointless.

If you don't think it will be a good ppv, or you just don't want to buy it or don't have the money, then dont. But if you do have the money, and actually think you want to see it (Im just talking about buying, ignore the downloading aspect) there's no point in going 'Well, I won't order it anyways, just to stick it to HHH!'.

It's not like it's "his" ppv anyways, if a low buyrate affects anyone, technically it'd be Vince, or 'WWE corporation' whatever.

Pluses of tonights RAW

Jericho attacking Cena

Angle on RAW

The 'WOO-off'

Michaels return

The matches were bland, nothing developed too much other than the wwe championship match

I'm not sure why I got caught up in the whole PPV boycott issue since I just watch them all at a bar... of course we used to order them when my pal lived in a house with digital cable. Oh right, because it was stupid and I agree 100% with EZX.

Guest BobBacklundRules

The Angle/Batista/HBK/Hunter clusterfuck at the end reminded me of another great group of workers that put on great matches on a certain brand.... Could this be The Raw Four?

Add the workrate of Benjamin and Jericho and the Six is back.

Angle and Shawn returning and Angle v Shawn II set up for Vengeance to cap off Raw. Almost enough to make you forget about Cena's Raw debut in the middle of the show in a match to set up his semi-final support act for the real stars at the next PPV. Strange how so much just happened to take place on the same Raw as Cena's first match and take the shine off it.

The Angle/Batista/HBK/Hunter clusterfuck at the end reminded me of another great group of workers that put on great matches on a certain brand.... Could this be The Raw Four?

Add the workrate of Benjamin and Jericho and the Six is back.

If only half of them could actually wrestle...

Guest nokia

Just read through the results quickly, but I didn't read anything about any of the divas....is Victoria's heel turn forgotten already?

By the way, the 'BOYCOTT VENGEANCE' stuff is pathetic guys.

You do realise who you just paid for your little ECW nostalgia trip? You realise everyone who went to the Hammerstein Ballroom to 'stick it to the man, one last time' were lining the pockets of 'the man'? As long as Vince is getting money, I don't think he gives a crap if the ECW PPV out-draws Vengeance. It was a nostalgia PPV that's going to be forgotten in weeks on-screen. The only thing Vince gained was knowledge, that he can wheel out ECW's carcass everytime he needs to pop a buyrate and get money.

I don't see the buzz in a weekly ECW show either. You can't run on nostalgia alone. ECW can't be ECW in a WWE televised environment.

That McWorld post was better than Raw.

I'm outright hostile towards Austin now after that bullshit tonight. Have Hassan blast Austin with a chair while he goes after Daivari for his hopping on the apron and get disqualified for attacking an official (Austin said he was the special enforcer), thus continuing the anti-Hassan conspiracy angle, keeping Hassan undefeated, and have him and Benjamin scrap more after the bell to put the focus back where it should be. Benjamin gets the best of Daivari and Hassan with some crazy-ass move that could be used in a video package for the match or something, end segment.

Instead, we get Stunners for Daivari and Hassan (whose first name is Muhammad, not Mohammed, for those of you named JR) and a supposed "rub" of Benjamin drinking beer with someone who was shown to be a racist earlier and isn't even a wrestler.

At least Foley makes appearances to help get people over, Austin is just out there to be a redneck piece of shit and blow himself on live TV with a new shirt on each time without even drawing a dime or getting significant TV ratings. I don't care how much he drew before, this is 2005, not 1998. END THE SHIT ALREADY.

Jericho goes from not giving a fuck to giving enough of a fuck to bitch about not getting a title shot, then laying out the champion and brawling with him in the back.

Net heat gain for Chris Masters: 0.

A needless match for Kane to yet again stand in the ring like a retard and glare at Edge and Lita without saying anything himself. Oh yeah, good to know Lita was faking all that distress over the miscarriage and making us feel like morons for getting behind Kane to lead to him being a face in the first place. AND HAY GUYS ITZ ANOTHER WEDDING

The Viscera stuff is off in its own little bubble, so I have no problems with it. Consider that any stuff with him (including actual wrestling!) will be replaced by Diva Search stuff for the next two months or so. Does anyone do this or know anyone who buys a ticket to a WWE event because of the women that'll be there to show off what you can see by going to the beach? Yes, this is much better use of time than an actual women's division or something. Like women can be useful or anything but sluts or punching bags, but hey, that Mohammed guy is just a sand person, so it looks like some men are pretty worthless too!

The ending's only problem was how it ended so abruptly. I mean, it was the usual crap brawl to end the show that would have no doubt ended with HHH and Flair (as Angle and Michaels would have gone into the crowd or something) walking backwards up the ramp while pointing and yelling things at Batista, who would be standing in the ring and doing the same thing. Oh, wait! I know why it ended when it did! They had HHH and Angle jawjacking with each other earlier, and didn't think of how to get either guy out of the picture without them appearing together because they HAD to cram the Angle drafting/rematch with Michaels announcement and Batista/HHH hype into one segment due to all the goodness I cited above.

Speaking of Batista, good to know they feel good enough about their WORLD CHAMPION to not appear until the end of the show while his opponent is allowed to be all over the show for a reason only indirectly related to the match they're having in less than two weeks on a PPV that people are supposed to pay $34.95 to watch.

Holy shit, that ECW PPV done gone and woke up the cynical smark in me.

The reason that "ECW nostalgia trip" did so well is because a) ECW never got utterly humilliated like WCW did, and b) it was different from the sanitized, cookie cutter stuff the WWE puts out from week to week.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

This whole "boycoot Vengeance" stuff is sad. Vengeance, to me, looks awesome, and if I have to pay for it, I think I might actually. Hell in a Cell could actually be really great, considering wrestling isn't Batista's style and, despite what people may say, Triple H is back to his world-class, or at least close to it.

Edge/Kane could deliver. Maybe. Hopefully it's better than Backlash 2004 :/

Kurt/Shawn is a guaranteed epic. Maybe not as good as Mania but hey, what matches will ever be that good?

Triple-Threat sounds amazing because I've actually no idea which way they're going. I could see any of the men winning. And it COULD be good quality if Jericho and Christian did most of the work.

So I'm watching it. IMO, ECW's figures and Vengeance's figures aren't associated at all.

Vengeance does look very solid. Cena-Jericho-Christian really appeals to me for some reason. And obviously, Michaels-Angle is the main reason why I will be ordering it. BTW, who else thought Austin's "I see sand people" was in bad taste?

Guest hhheld_down

i will be getting vengence.... on dvd. 35 dollars is too much for ppv and the only reason I get WM on ppv every year is its a tradition. and this ban vengence shit really is Stupid. you think the wwe will change if vengence does a really low buyrate? HHH will still be pushed to the moon no matter how low the buyrates/ratings get. Yeah it pisses alot of people off, yeah its not fair but there is nothing you can do about it. HHH will rule until he retires. Live with it.

Something Austin does in bad taste? No!

And now it's time for good Stone Cold offensive, bad Stone Cold offensive.

Good Stone Cold offensive:

"If you want to see this man's ass get whipped, then gimme a hell yeah!"

Bad Stone Cold offensive:

"Booker T, you say you wanna 'axe' me something, but let me tell you son, an axe is something you use to chop a tree down with!"

The end.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I don't understand how everyone's touting Vengeance to be so big when Raw can't even get it up following a great PPV that left everyone amped.

Angle and Shawn returning and Angle v Shawn II set up for Vengeance to cap off Raw. Almost enough to make you forget about Cena's Raw debut in the middle of the show in a match to set up his semi-final support act for the real stars at the next PPV. Strange how so much just happened to take place on the same Raw as Cena's first match and take the shine off it.

Just like I said would happen last week when he got drafted. I don't see where anybody is surprised. The only way Cena gets to sniff the main events is if he is feuding with HHH, and the outcome there won't be good.

Building Vengeance up is not a way to wash out the ECW PPV. It was called One Night Stand, it doesn't need two weeks of post-hype. It happened, it was a success now they have to move on.

Vengeance does look very solid.  Cena-Jericho-Christian really appeals to me for some reason.  And obviously, Michaels-Angle is the main reason why I will be ordering it.  BTW, who else thought Austin's "I see sand people" was in bad taste?

I laughed, not so much at the comment but at the fact that Austin actually got away with saying it. The WWE is slowly converting their fans into racists due to this whole Hassan angle and I'm not really enjoying it.

Building Vengeance up is not a way to wash out the ECW PPV. It was called One Night Stand, it doesn't need two weeks of post-hype. It happened, it was a success now they have to move on.

Vince wouldn't be trying to outdo ONS, but I wouldn't be shocked if Stephanie & HHH were.