TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

The OAO RAW Thread for June 13th, 2005

Vengeance does look very solid.  Cena-Jericho-Christian really appeals to me for some reason.  And obviously, Michaels-Angle is the main reason why I will be ordering it.  BTW, who else thought Austin's "I see sand people" was in bad taste?

I laughed, not so much at the comment but at the fact that Austin actually got away with saying it. The WWE is slowly converting their fans into racists due to this whole Hassan angle and I'm not really enjoying it.

I would say Vince is acknowledging that a decent portion of his fans already are/were racists. The JBL character basically acted like anyone of color could only be seen as a servant of his, and you could even go back as far as the DiBiase/Virgil pairing with the black man serving as a rich white man's butler. The fact is that I'm sure a good portion of the crowd last night wasn't the least bit offended by what Austin said.

Because WWE made the decision to use this Thursday's Smackdown to continue the ECW storyline.  Check out WWE.com to see for yourself.

Yeah, while RAW had some ECW storylines on it as well, it looks like they are following up the ECW PPV on SD. I mean in the RAW preview there was no mention of ECW, but in the SD preview they mentioned what the fallout would be. So maybe they are thinking about making SD/Velocity an ECW something or other, who knows. They used a lot of ECW wrestlers on HeAt though.

Vengeance does look very solid.  Cena-Jericho-Christian really appeals to me for some reason.  And obviously, Michaels-Angle is the main reason why I will be ordering it.  BTW, who else thought Austin's "I see sand people" was in bad taste?

I laughed, not so much at the comment but at the fact that Austin actually got away with saying it. The WWE is slowly converting their fans into racists due to this whole Hassan angle and I'm not really enjoying it.

I would say Vince is acknowledging that a decent portion of his fans already are/were racists. The JBL character basically acted like anyone of color could only be seen as a servant of his, and you could even go back as far as the DiBiase/Virgil pairing with the black man serving as a rich white man's butler. The fact is that I'm sure a good portion of the crowd last night wasn't the least bit offended by what Austin said.

It's only going to be a matter of time before this angle and gimmick warrant some seriously bad press for WWE. What if an Arab-American was attending a RAW show and saw somebody with a sign that said "Davari loves NY" or "Muhammed parked my camel" or something like that? More to the point, if they complained would the WWE take the sign away from the fan? This entire storyline has built up to the point that fans are EXPECTED to showcase racist tendancies towards Hassan and Davari. Vince and Co. enjoy priding themself on their whole "The fans make the decisons for us" mentality. I'm not seeing it here. If somebody brought an "OJ loves fried chicken and watermelon" sign to Smackdown they'd at least have it get taken away, maybe get their asses kicked by others fans or security.

The only logical way that the Batista/Triple H story can end is with Hunter getting the belt back. It's been Hunter losing the belt to the monster Batista, Hunter being screwed out of winning due to the ref being down, Hunter being screwed out of the #1 contender tournament, Bischoff saying "too bad", and it all came to a climax with Hunter challenging Batista to "one last match". We already KNOW Batista can beat Triple H cleanly. What exactly should the crowd be hoping for Batista to achieve in this match? Do they want him to beat Triple H again? No, everyone is wondering if Triple H can actually achieve his three month goal of beating Batista. The heel/face aspect is reversed. Not to mention that the whole Hell in A Cell thing only with a roman numeral citing what match number in this "epic" feud it is are only attempts to make it seem more important than it actually is.

Well, if HIAC with Foley in 2000 and HBK last year are indication, THIS IS NOT THE LAST MATCH. I wouldn't be surprised if this damn feud gets carried over to smackdown.

Oh and what was with that Trips/Batista/Angle stuff. Hunter was trying to get Batista to fight Angle next week so Batista would be hurt for the cell. Batista responds with "I know what you're doing. Stop it". So I guess Batista's not falling for Hunter's tricks....until he announces that he's going to be fighting Kurt next week. Boy, they may call Hunter the cerebral assasin, but I guess Batista's just a step ahead of him huh? He really showed the game who's boss by agreeing to fight Kurt next week. Fuck, Hunter didn't even have to use reverse psychology or ANYTHING for that trick.

Just peg that down to wwe creative being inept once again. This whole HIAC match storyline is dumb. They rushed the Batista/Flair dynamic. They could have easily used Flair as the lynchpin for making the match. HHH should not be the one challenging the champion when he's not even a top contender anymore after losing the rematch. On top of that Batista accpets the match when he of all people should know why Hunter did what he did. Then take into account last night they admitted to the house show circuit title matches when Hunter told Angle he was in touring the world in title matches, while he was trying to rape Sharmell. Then to top that we have Angle in a title match supposedly next week and he was just jobbed out to Booker on smackdown. I didn't even like Jericho getting a title shot the way he did. What happened to his don't care attitude in the last few weeks? He gets rewarded a title shot just for attacking Cena? Yet, in the gold rush tourney he stated he didn't get a title shot in 3 years on RAW. Real stupid storytelling here.

HHH should not be the one challenging the champion when he's not even a top contender anymore after losing the rematch

Actually, he lost the rematch, lost the #1 contender tournament, then proceded to quit RAW for two weeks, but your point is still valid.

On top of that Batista accpets the match when he of all people should know why Hunter did what he did.

Batista got over initially because he crossed the normal "stupid face" line by not falling for Trips's obvious traps. After WMXXI he was put right into that generic inside the box type approach that all faces have been in the past five years. The biggest face in the last 10 years, Austin, was over because he crossed this line and REMAINED there, not falling for anyone's shit, and THAT's why he was so huge. That's a big problem in WWE right now; all the faces and all the heels obey the same rules, regardless of what character they are/were playing.

I wouldn't say austin remained outside the box. If you recall, he was duped by Shane Mcmahon in late 98, and then again by Vince in april-June 99 (higher power angle).

Those two examples are different. Shane's turned shocked the hell out of everyone at the time, and only a small amount of people picked McMahon to be the higher power. Most fans were as legitimately fooled as Austin. After Flair's beyond obvious turn and the accepting of giving Triple H yet ANOTHER World Title shot, Batista just looks naive.

Where the hell is Edge's briefcase? Did it somehow preform the fusion dance with his Goldrush Tournament Winner off-screen contract and become his used up title shot?

Where the hell is Edge's briefcase? Did it somehow preform the fusion dance with his Goldrush Tournament Winner off-screen contract and become his used up title shot?

The contract is now down Lita's pants, where no one wants to go anymore.

Thanks Angle-plex for pointing out the whole Batista "I know what yor're doing HHH, stop it. Pkay, we'll fight next week Angle" . I noticed this too and was like, "what the f*ck?" Batista looks really bad now; whether it's the writers writing stupid lines for him like this, or him being obviously nervous with his lines during the contract signing (on top of Cena joing Raw), Batista's character is dying already

The contract is now down Lita's pants, where no one wants to go anymore.

With Lita around, maybe they thought Edge didn't need two props?

The same reason Heidenreich goes from hating everyone one week, and then wanting everyone to be his friend the next week,

That actually was explained as Booker T nailed him with a hard chair shot one at the end of their feud and the next week Heidenreich thanked Booker for showing him the light and that now he could show the world the real Heidenreich, (the friend loving character we see now)

Smackdown Depth Chart

1. JBL

2. Eddy

3. Benoit

4. Mysterio

5. The Big Show

6. Carlito

7. Booker T

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

Place Booker above Carlito and Big Show and you're pretty much right.

Make no mistake about it, certain ego's are going to go crazy if ONS outdraws Vengeance. While any and all money made from the PPV's goes to Vince, and Vince doesn't care what makes him money as long it does make him money, there will undoubtedly be people trying their damnedest to make sure Vengeance beats ONS purely to stroke their ego’s. It’s not just Hunter’s ego you’ve got to think about, but the writers in WWE. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that the writers have huge egos themselves, and they’re going to hate it, positively hate it, if an ECW show that they had almost nothing to do with outdraws a normal WWE PPV that they’ve been working 18 hour days on.

If ONS had not got such a buzz coming off of it, would Shawn have returned and then they set up Shawn v Angle II with only one Raw to really build to it? Unlikely, given that it defies all logic that such a huge rematch would be virtually given away, and they know, or at least believe, that Shawn v Angle II could draw very well with a good build.

Vince might not care what draws the most buys, but others do.

And if Hunter is now the King Of Kings, does that mean he’s demoted himself from God to Jesus?

Guest RadioBurning
Or.... Batista knows what HHH is doing and still doesn't care because he is confident he'd win?

If that was the idea, Batista should have clarified "I know what you're doing Hunter, but it doesn't matter because I can beat Kurt Angle and still be in fine shape."

Guest RadioBurning

Also, as far as racial insensitivity on Austin's part is concerned, at an Albuquerque house show Jericho said "Muhammad Hassan blows camels," which I believe qualifies.

To be fair, Batista just couldn't go "I know what you're doing Hunter, stop it. Anyways as for the challenge, it's declined. I need my beauty sleep."

He was pretty much trapped either way. Might as well play it off as confidence.

So Batista accepted the challenge. Yeah, that'll show Triple H. Batista sure out smarted him this time. And what is Triple H going to do next monday? Sit in his locker room, growing his moustache?

So Batista accepted the challenge. Yeah, that'll show Triple H. Batista sure out smarted him this time. And what is Triple H going to do next monday? Sit in his locker room, growing his moustache?

What the fuck was he supposed to do? He was trapped. If he turned down HHH's challenge for Kurt/Batista, it makes Batista look weak. The only option he had was to accept. He should just have punched HHH in the face, knocking him out, then saying, "Now with that out of the way, did you have something to ask me?" to Angle. Leading directly to Angle challenging Batista.

At least with Batista knocking HHH down and having Kurt challenge Batista himself it doesn't make Batista look like a fool. He openly said he knew what HHH was up to, and still wound up doing what HHH wanted him to do.

Guest TheYoungPolitician
Jericho over Cena via pinfall on Christian, over to SmackDown with the WWE title.

Cena is now in line for the big so-called "dream match" with Batista for the World title at SummerSlam while Jericho feuds with Benoit for the belt on SmackDown.

Hey, it can happen. (*guitar riff* MCWORRRRRRRLD!)

:lol:

**searches limewire for old mcworld commercials**

The same reason Heidenreich goes from hating everyone one week, and then wanting everyone to be his friend the next week,

That actually was explained as Booker T nailed him with a hard chair shot one at the end of their feud and the next week Heidenreich thanked Booker for showing him the light and that now he could show the world the real Heidenreich, (the friend loving character we see now)

Smackdown Depth Chart

1. JBL

2. Eddy

3. Benoit

4. Mysterio

5. The Big Show

6. Carlito

7. Booker T

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

Place Booker above Carlito and Big Show and you're pretty much right.

I'd put the Undertaker above Benoit at 3 and then put Nitro and Mercury in there to round out the top 10. MNM have been getting a nice push lately.