TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenbomb

The One and Only Batman Begins thread

I'm not down with Crispin Glover and his stupid voice and the same exact nerdy uber-antisocial weirdo he plays in every movie. He's got a good look, but Eccleston has a much better look.

I'm good with Eccleston or Betany. Paul Betany seems realistic according to the rumors.

I checked with my local Best Buy once again, and they are totally sold out of the Deluxe Edition, and it's nowhere to be found in their system anymore either.

Who said they discontinued it?

One of the best. Spiderman still has it beat as THE best.

I wsa going to wait for my next payday to get this, but I decided to say the hell with it and get the Delux edition anyway. Now, hearing that it's been discontinued, I'm glad I got it now.

Yeah, I read that, I was wanting to knw where he heard that it'd been discontinued from

Here is a post from someone at DVDTalk:

It seems to be just an issue with the comic book. Like I posted in another thread, there was a new listing for BB: 2-disc Edition at DVD Planet, and it specifically stated that the comic book wouldn't be included. It might be a rights issue or it might just be a "limited release" issue, but I think "recall" is too strong a word.

And here is the link to that DVDPlanet listing:

http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_listing.a...4299&format=DVD

intrestin. The comic book thing was kinda cool, but nothing necessary. I've already read the original batman story, and every Batman fan should go out and buy the Long Halloween in its 12 chapter entirety this instant instead of reading chapter 1 in the little book.

"The Man Who Falls" was a pretty cool thing though, you can definetly see a LOT of influence of the first half of BB from there.

Guest El Satanico

It wasn't anything official, but I've heard it was a production cost issue with the comic book removal.

I figured that it had to do with the one writer not getting credit. There is a slip of paper included in the comic that I got with the deluxe edition that reads:

CORRECTION:

The credits for the story "The Bat-Man" should read:

Writer Bill Finger

Artist Bob Kane

Here is my take on Harvey Dent's situation. This is both what I want and what I think should happen. It is still only speculative, and nothing that I have read even as a rumor has stated this.

First off, I think Harvey should be played by Guy Pearce. I think he would do well in both the Dent and Two Face characters. Nolan obviously likes him and they work well together.

I am thinking that Katie Holmes will be brought back as Rachel Dawes. She will either be moved up to DA, or Dent will take the position. Either way, they work as a team, and help Batman and Gordon clean up the city.

Along the way, after Joker has been doing his sadistic robberies, murders, etc., he kidnaps Dawes, tortures and kills her. This is the catalyst for him to become Batman's arch-nemesis. There is no Jason Todd for him to kill at this time (not even a Dick Grayson introduced yet.) Barbara Gordon is still too young to be crippled. So, we get Rachel Dawes tortured and murdered, sending Batman into a fury against Joker. There will always be that underlying hate, as Joker has killed his childhood friend and someone he cares for a lot.

Dent is now the only player from the DA's office (whether he started the movie off as the DA or Dawes did), and it sets up the rumor of Joker throwing acid in his face at the trial during the end of the second movie or start of the third.

So the big question is - how many of the Deluxe versions had comics in them and how much can I get for selling one of such comics off Ebay in due time?? ?:P

Giving away the first part of Long Halloween with the comic always stood out when I read the details for the deluxe set, as the other two stories had a much more direct link to Batman Begins.

However I think Long Halloween's inclusion maybe a way to firstly get people into the comics and also an introduction to the Dent character. And further from this, whats the chances of a 'Holiday' subplot being introduced in the sequel and then exploding into the third film as the main story?

Secretary star Maggie Gyllenhaal is in final talks to replace Katie Holmes in the Batman Begins sequel. The new mom became an instant favorite to take on the Rachel Dawes character in The Dark Knight after Holmes quit the role shortly after becoming Mrs. Tom Cruise. Director Christopher Nolan tells The Hollywood Reporter, "I'm extremely excited to work with an actress of Maggie's caliber, and she's a great addition to the cast." Cameras will role on the film, which stars Christian Bale as the comic book hero, this spring. The film will be released in 2008.

I thought when Katie said she wasn't coming back that they were just gonna write her character out entirely, guess not. Nothing against Maggie though.

Filming for The Dark Knight begins in April.

When the first image of The Joker surfaces I predict this board among others will look like this:

Atomic%20Bomb.gif

But I think it will be sometime before we see him.

When they were filming Batman Returns, they constructed a series of tunnels from the makeup room to the studio in order to keep The Penguin under wraps, so it's gonna take a WB employee with grapefruit-sized cajones and a camera phone to get a photo of The Joker out.

I want to say I read Holmes was replaced at least in part because Cruise's War of the Worlds movie was getting more publicity than Batman, even when she was interviewed about Batman Cruise would come up. I"m not the biggest fan of fantasy type movies but I liked this one, liked the overall realism.

Katie Holmes did go on Letterman to "promote" Batman Begins, but when Dave asked her which movie she'd rather see, she said "War of the Worlds" and then gigged like a dumbass.

That makes me glad she's gone.