TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NewYorkFox

PPV title matches question

How about Scott Hall? He got a title match against Bret Hart at Rumble 93 and never won a World Title to my knowledge.

Edit: Fuck it!!

Double Edit: No one said Mabel!! Yay me! :)

Ken Shamrock (IYH: DX)

Shane McMahon (KOTR 2000, where whoever got the pin in the 6-man would be champ)

Scott Steiner (Royal Rumble and NWO 03) <- WWE only

Finlay (No Mercy 06)

The original post asked about one-on-one Title matches. Everone posting this 6-man matches or handicap matches do not count for the question asked.

Shane McMahon (KOTR 2000, where whoever got the pin in the 6-man would be champ)

Finlay (No Mercy 06)

he said one-on-one title matches

Ken Shamrock was the first NWA champion of the TNA era, if that counts for anything. Man, I wish he'd stayed in wrestling. Probably be a tad easier on the body, especially in TNA, and he'd get to win over people beside Kimo now and then :P

Finlay (No Mercy 06)

he said one-on-one title matches

My bad. Shamrock and Steiner still stand if we're only counting WWE.

I think Scott Hall and The British Bulldog win the award for being the only guys to get both a WWF and a WCW Title shot on PPV in one-on-one matches and never, ever win either title.

WWF Royal Rumble 1993 - WWF Title: Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon

WCW Uncensored 1998 - WCW Title: Sting vs. Scott Hall

WCW Slamboree 1993 - WCW Title: Vader vs. British Bulldog

WWF In Your House October 1995 - WWF Title: Diesel vs. British Bulldog

WWF In Your House December 1995 - WWF Title: Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog

WWF In Your House: Beware of Dog (May 1996) - WWF Title: Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog

WWF In Your House: Beware of Dog 2 (May 1996) - WWF Title: Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog

WWF King of the Ring 1996 - WWF Title: Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog

Even though it doesn't count, there's also the 3-way WCW title match from Superbrawl 2000 featuring Sid Vicious vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Hall and Bulldog was involved in the '92 Royal Rumble for the title. Bulldog was also supposed to get a shot at Rick Rude's "WCW International Heavyweight Title" at Starrcade 1993 before he dipped out of the company.

I think Scott Hall and The British Bulldog win the award for being the only guys to get both a WWF and a WCW Title shot on PPV in one-on-one matches and never, ever win either title.

There is also Roddy Piper. WWF Title against Hulk Hogan at the Wrestling Classic and WCW Title against Hulk Hogan at Halloween Havoc 97.

There's also Piper vs. Hogan for the WCW Title from Superbrawl 1997, where Macho Man broke his alliance with Sting and officially joined the nWo.

Oh yes, forgot about those.

Barry Windham was Col. Parker's mystery man for Ric Flair in the WCW Title match at Slamboree 1994.

Curt Henning had a WCW Title shot against Goldberg at Bash at the Beach 1998.

Barry Windham won the NWA World title in 1993.

Curt Hennig won the AWA World Title in 1988.

Those don't count.

Also Windham had a shot at the infamous '91 GAB.

Guest JaKyL25

Sabu actually got 2 WWE PPV world title shots--ONS (as previously mentioned) for the WHC and Summerslam for the ECW title. He's been ECW and NWA Champion, but never held a WWE-owned World Title.

Cena got that one odd shot at Brock at Backlash '03 and never truly sniffed the title again until he won it in '05.