TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigm350

WWF Winged Eagle or WCW Big Gold

To me, that's "Brock's belt", and the same for Eddie & JBL. 

Gives me an idea..

Winged Eagle - Bret's Belt...sometimes i think Shawn

Attitude Belt - The Rock's belt

Big Gold WCW - Flair's belt or Sting's

WWE title - Brock

"world" title - hunter of course

I actually associated he Attitude belt with HHH, Rock & Austin...

And I just fucking hated the Smokin' Skull belts design.

Dames

Yeah the Smoking Skull was dumb. Why couldn't he have just had a special leather put on the normal title like Warrior. He could've had the regular title face plates and stuff with Snake Skin or something. That would've been much better.

Oh and Winged Eagle for me.... it seemed like it had a much better design... the big gold just looked like it was blank... although the new smaller more curvy Big Gold title looks tonnes better than the old school one. I like the JBL's style WWE title.. it looked like crap when Taker had it though way back.

I like the JBL's style WWE title.. it looked like crap when Taker had it though way back.

That's because it was much smaller that it is now. Sometime at the latter stages of Taker's reign or when The Rock won it, the belt was remade for a bigger size. I really like that belt, as it looks like a nice hybrid of the winged-eagle design and the gold belt design.

Guest Sturm316

What's the difference between the original Big Goldy of Flair's from the 80's and the current World Championship belt used on Raw? Obviously the current version is newer but what are some of the major differences?

What's the difference between the original Big Goldy of Flair's from the 80's and the current World Championship belt used on Raw?  Obviously the current version is newer but what are some of the major differences?

Well, there have actually been 4 major Big Golds used.

Flair's belt in the late 80's had a custom nameplate that had a decorative pattern on it similar to the rest of the belt (though it had his name as 'RICK FLAIR').

Then there was the one used for the rest of the 90s until BATB 2000 (so badly beaten that the top of it was dinged in).

Then there was the shitty one used until the creation of the Undisputed belt that was of a similar design but appeared to have been made of cheaper materials and thinner leather (as seen here).

Then, the modern WHC that has the WWE logo on the top of it.

Aside from these differences, the belt's design has remained constant, with only minor changes in the font used, the leather tooling, etc.

Guest news_gimmick

Winged Eagle belt for me. I started watching in 93, and that belt to this day signifies THE world championship for me. It reminds of the Hitman, Hogan, Savage, Yokozuna, everyone that I grew up watching. The Big Gold belt also grew on me over the years, but the Winged title is my choice between the two.

Guest Sturm316

Slickster, thanks for the detailed information! Anyone have any pictures of each version of Big Goldy?

Slickster, thanks for the detailed information! Anyone have any pictures of each version of Big Goldy?

Ooooooo, yes please.

Between the Winged Eagle and Big Goldy, its the latter. It looks like a Big Ass title, made out of gold, but I dont like the side plates at all. My favourite belt of the WWE/WCW has to be the WWE title version 2, my all time fav is the NWA title with the countries flags. Now thats a world title.

Guest Stunt Granny

The old school Intercontinental belt make them both look look like shit.

BTW I remember getting excited because they teased bringing back the winged eagle in fall 98. Taker and Kane beat Austin for the belt in a threeway match and McMahon ran out of the building the the smoking skull belt. The next night on Raw they had the red carpet presentation of the belt to the new champions (the zambonie incident) and the belt in the case was the original belt and not the belt they began using after Wrestlemania. But when The Rock finally won the title months later he had the bigger version.

The old school Intercontinental belt make them both look look like shit.

BTW I remember getting excited because they teased bringing back the winged eagle in fall 98. Taker and Kane beat Austin for the belt in a threeway match and McMahon ran out of the building the the smoking skull belt. The next night on Raw they had the red carpet presentation of the belt to the new champions (the zambonie incident) and the belt in the case was the original belt and not the belt they began using after Wrestlemania. But when The Rock finally won the title months later he had the bigger version.

IIRC, the Big Eagle belt was being releathered (given a new strap) that week, so they had to make do with the classic Winged Eagle belt for that ceremony.

Ill pick the Winged Eagle because it was the first thing I saw when I started really getting into wrestling...WWF, Hogan, Savage, Warrior, DiBiase in the late 80s.

HHH has really tarnished Big Gold as well in my eyes.

I'd have to say the Winged Eagle because even though I grew up watching both WWF and WCW I always liked the Winged Eagle it makes me think of Hogan and Bret. I also agree that the old WWF Intercontinetal Title was better than both of them.

Thanks.

I'd say the Big Gold Belt, although that's mainly because I didn't watch any wrestling in Hogan's heyday, and the WCW/World Title has survived as a credible championship to this day.

Didn't WCW Title change hands like every 3 weeks

Yeah, but I never watched WCW from 1999-2001. To me, it went from being Hogan's belt to being Booker T and Rock's belt to being HHH's belt. That David Arquette/Vince Russo stuff is like a folk tale to me.

What's the difference between the original Big Goldy of Flair's from the 80's and the current World Championship belt used on Raw?  Obviously the current version is newer but what are some of the major differences?

Well, there have actually been 4 major Big Golds used.

Flair's belt in the late 80's had a custom nameplate that had a decorative pattern on it similar to the rest of the belt (though it had his name as 'RICK FLAIR').

Then there was the one used for the rest of the 90s until BATB 2000 (so badly beaten that the top of it was dinged in).

Then there was the shitty one used until the creation of the Undisputed belt that was of a similar design but appeared to have been made of cheaper materials and thinner leather (as seen here).

Then, the modern WHC that has the WWE logo on the top of it.

Aside from these differences, the belt's design has remained constant, with only minor changes in the font used, the leather tooling, etc.

Also there was the silver with gold accented crown and globe that was featured in Ready 2 Rumble.

Personally, I will always be a fan of the winged eagle, though Big "Reno" Gold has the no pun intended Pedigree behind it.