TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigm350

ECW World title(Taz edition) vs NWA Domed Globe

Guest bigm350

Since my initial Winged Eagle vs Big Gold thread got a somewhat decent amount of replies, I decided to try two other belts; The ECW World title belt ( The Taz edition, that was around towards ECW's latter years) and the NWA Domed Globe belt. (The current Heavyweight tile being used in TNA).

We all know how popular ECW was and still is. No question, ECW still carries a big place in the hearts of many fans. Their World title belt was also a popular seller; as evidenced by the amount of sales that their replica belts are receiving. It represented the promotion well, with its barbed wired lettering, blood, and overall gravelly look. A great looking belt.

The NWA Domed Globe belt is still used today in TNA, but most old school fans remember it as the "10 lbs of Gold". This belt was used in the 70's all the way up to mid 80's, and was worn by such legends as Jack Brisco, Terry Funk, (oddly also an ECW champ, as well), Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, and Ric Flair, etc.

My pick would have to be the " 10 lbs of Gold". While the belt itself was somewhat very plain, and you could say, ugly, it was a highly respected title back in its day. (I don't count today as a prestigious time). The belt meant you were 'The Man', so to speak, because when you were the NWA champion, you were mre than likely considered to be the 'true' champion of pro wrestling.

What's your choice?

I always considered the NWA Title to be the Big Gold Belt. I'm fully aware of the history of the title, but compared to Big Gold, it's just plain ol' ugly.

ECW's belt all the way.

Dames

Guest BrokenWings

These really should be polls.

For clarification, when you're talking Taz edition, do you mean the FTW title?

I hate the way both of them look. Especially the NWA one. It's way to fuckin small. I'd have to choose the ECW belt, based on looks alone.

I think he means the title Taz had as ECW world champ (which is the one that was then used to the end of the company)

While I can certainly understand the NWA's decision to continue to use the classic belt because of the history behind it, it's design is so outdated now, especially when compared to other recently-designed championship belts used now (WWE Undisputed World, Smackdown Tag, even the X title). The center plate is about 8-9 inches high, and about a foot or so wide. Truth me told, it looks like a license plate on a strap as far as the shape goes. However, it looks extremely classy and

I though the overall design of ECW's television title was FAR superior to that of their World title. The TV belt just looked like more of a world title.

When it comes down to it though, The NWA title does hold the prestige and history, though the design is outdated. It looks like a classy dignified championship belt, while the ECW title just looked like a design to appeal to the "extreme" fad at the time, with the use of different colors and the font used on the center plate.

I'll go with the NWA World.

The NWA Title. I think its the most pretigious belt in the world and looks cool with all the flags and being streamlined and all. Doesnt look to out of place on a smaller wrestler neither.

Guest bigm350

I think he means the title Taz had as ECW world champ (which is the one that was then used to the end of the company)

Exactly.