TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Latest on Matt Hardy to WWE Rumors

If Lita and Edge aren't still together, to me, that's a sign that Lita wanted out of the Matt relationship anyway possible. If she still "loved" Matt, then there is no way she'd through a long term relationship for a quick fling.

If Lita and Edge aren't still together, to me, that's a sign that Lita wanted out of the Matt relationship anyway possible. If she still "loved" Matt, then there is no way she'd through a long term relationship for a quick fling.

Who said it was a 'quick fling'? For all we know, they could have been fucking for the last 6 years.. :huh: And when it got out, one of them opted to stop.

Because evidently they didn't 'break up' until this all got public right? (Lita & Edge) Maybe the only reason they're no longer dating is because they have to play it on tv..I'd feel pretty fuckin weird still dating that person too.

Hardy and Lita have been on good terms lately, but are not by any means a couple at this time.

Seems like me and Matt are two birds of the same feather....or some stupid saying like that.

Yeah, I'D buy the next PPV if it had that match, but would Joey Mark buy it? Does the average audience memeber "get" what would make it so hot? Who knows, it could be a hugely successful fued, or it could not draw a dime.

I think we all know what would happen if it DID turn into a hugely successful fued though:

"Matt-uh, it was me-uh all along-uh. The Game-uh was the one-uh who stole Lita.......uh."

Matt comparing himself to Bret Hart was a favourite of mine.

When in the blue hell did this ass monkey compare himself to Bret? Is he FN high? Is everybody blind here? Why wasnt this brought up earlier? I hope Matt comes back and Edge kicks his sorry ass. :firing:

I wouldn't mind him seeing back. It'd be very interesting to see him on TV, but after they do this angle, what would he do next. Would they actually use him effectively or just put him in more lita involved angles or just not do anything with him at all.

Its a bit of a weird situation, i mean, he gets cheated on and the company that he worked his backside off for sacks him while he's injured. Not only that but they use a real life situation that occured and turned it into a storyline for their audience to view. Now after pretty much pissing on hardy all this time with their actions, they want him back cause they have an oppurtunity to make money. WWE works in weird ways  :huh:

Mmmmm, get the sack most probably, as the E does for all the 'talent' they have that they have no clue what to do with anymore.

Glad to see that you finally found out for yourself that the E works in weird ways. :bonk:

Would you buy th next PPV if it has Edge and Hardy on it against each other?

If Matt had come out when his music played at the wedding then I would've bought Vengence...now ? It feels like that ship has sailed.

Guest JMA
I bet the crowd will turn on Matt if/when he comes back. That'd be hillarious.

I highly doubt that. The smark crowds seem to love him, and he's always been popular with marks.

When in the blue hell did this ass monkey compare himself to Bret? Is he FN high? Is everybody blind here? Why wasnt this brought up earlier? I hope Matt comes back and Edge kicks his sorry ass. AR15firing.gif

Yeah! You can't call the last six moves of a Matt Hardy match the instant it's booked! Shame on Matt!

When in the blue hell did this ass monkey compare himself to Bret? Is he FN high? Is everybody blind here? Why wasnt this brought up earlier? I hope Matt comes back and Edge kicks his sorry ass. :firing:

It wasn't Matt that compared Matt to Bret Hart, it was somebody writing about the situation - comparing the Montreal Screwjob and the fans reaction then to the current Matt situation and the fans reaction to it.

Guest JMA

Actually, when Matt was interviewed on BTR a while back, Montreal was brought up in comparison to his own situation. Matt said that the fan reactions were similar, but that he would NEVER compare himself to Bret Hart (who he respects a great deal).

When in the blue hell did this ass monkey compare himself to Bret? Is he FN high? Is everybody blind here? Why wasnt this brought up earlier? I hope Matt comes back and Edge kicks his sorry ass. AR15firing.gif

Yeah! You can't call the last six moves of a Matt Hardy match the instant it's booked! Shame on Matt!

Come on dude, don't act like Matt Hardy has this wide range of wrestling moves he busts out regularly.

It wasn't Matt that compared Matt to Bret Hart, it was somebody writing about the situation - comparing the Montreal Screwjob and the fans reaction then to the current Matt situation and the fans reaction to it.

Ok, let me rephrase then: Who and when in the blue hell did this 2nd ass monkey compare the Matt Screwjob to the Montreal Screwjob. Is he FN high? Is everybody blind here? Why wasnt this brought up earlier? I hope somebody kicks this anonymous guys sorry ass. :firing:

Actually, when Matt was interviewed on BTR a while back, Montreal was brought up in comparison to his own situation. Matt said that the fan reactions were similar, but that he would NEVER compare himself to Bret Hart (who he respects a great deal).

Thank god Matts not delusional.

Come on dude, don't act like Matt Hardy has this wide range of wrestling moves he busts out regularly.

Thats not even funny JJ Johnson. ^o) As if Matt does that. Stop comparing him to Bret god dammit. :bonk:

no, I would not buy a PPV featuring a match between them...I have no interest in either man, their whore or the situation...not enough to shell out 35 bucks or whatever PPVs are these days...

There's no way I'd buy a PPV for a match like Edge-Hardy ... I'd care enough to read about it the next day and see if anything unusual happened (shoot, working too stiff, etc). But anything worth seeing will be free online in like a day so why bother wasting the money?

I highly doubt that. The smark crowds seem to love him, and he's always been popular with marks.
Was he popular with the smarks before this whole debacle? I thought that people dug the V.1 gimmick but not necessarily Hardy himself ... he got some "he's underpushed" love, but I never really thought that he was all that popular with smarks.

Guest JMA
Was he popular with the smarks before this whole debacle?  I thought that people dug the V.1 gimmick but not necessarily Hardy himself ... he got some "he's underpushed" love, but I never really thought that he was all that popular with smarks.

Matt has always been liked by the majority of the IWC, but not to the extent he is now. The only real time I remember him getting heat was when he suggested online fans be more positive (he didn't insult them, though) and when he said that what mattered most was what a wrestler did in WWE (in one of those True/False things on WWE.com). But he was also complimentary about the IWC at times, and even suggested that they'll play a much bigger part in the business in the near future.

Much of his popularity now comes from the fact that fans know he was treated unfairly (which they can easily relate to). Oddly enough, this whole situation has made Hardy more over than he's EVER been in his career--that's at least one positive thing he can look at.

Guest Fishyswa

Matt had a sexy moveset, one of the best in the WWE. After he went to Heat and put on more weight, he came up with the V1 moveset, with the ricochet, side effect, splash mountain bomb on top of the leg drop and twist of fate.

It was pretty smart too, all head and neck work.

I know this won't go over well since Bret seems to be worshipped around here, but I would say that yeah, Matt Hardy got it worse off than Bret Hart.

Matt Hardy got fired because his longtime girlfriend cheated on him with one of his fellow coworkers, and he spoke out against it. He's currently sitting unemployed waiting either for his no-compete clause to expire or for WWE to offer him his job back.

Bret Hart got "screwed" because of his unreasonable request not to drop the title in his "hometown" Canada. He had a multimillion dollar guaranteed deal with WCW waiting for him the moment he left the WWF.

I know this won't go over well since Bret seems to be worshipped around here, but I would say that yeah, Matt Hardy got it worse off than Bret Hart.

Matt Hardy got fired because his longtime girlfriend cheated on him with one of his fellow coworkers, and he spoke out against it.  He's currently sitting unemployed waiting either for his no-compete clause to expire or for WWE to offer him his job back.

Bret Hart got "screwed" because of his unreasonable request not to drop the title in his "hometown" Canada. He had a multimillion dollar guaranteed deal with WCW waiting for him the moment he left the WWF.

Are you familiar with what really happened in Montreal? Bret was screwed for the simple reason that it was agreed before that it would be a dusty finish and Bret would give up the title the next night on RAW. Bret had never done anything in his long WWE tenure to warrant people to doubt his word. Also, Bret never tapped to the hold. That means he never lost. Brets career pretty much went downhill from there. Bret also got screwed because Vince had promised him a ton of money and then defaulted on his agreement with him. I dont see where Bret was to blame in that. Vince lied to him in his face, cheated him and stole from him. For the UT to stay pounding on Vinces door shouting at him that he had to make things right does say something about the situation. Vince locked his brother into a contract and Vinces reps told Bret to back off when Bret tried to get Owen out of the WWE. We all know what happened to Owen. Bret was most probably without a doubt the top wrestler in the world at the time when all this went down. The request wasnt unreasonable because he a degree of creative control in his contract. That was agreed to in writing and the finish was booked before the match. People here seem to think that wrestling exists in a world were law and ethics have no role to play. Bret was the top star in the WWE at the time, hence the high price tag.

I "worship" Bret as you like to put it because of what he achieved in the ring. He was a tradionalist and a purist. I consider him as THE worker. Granted, he is known to whine about things, but so does Matt for your information.

I knew Matt got it bad. His girlfriend cheated on him with a supposedly good friend. But this isnt the first time in life that this has happened and it certainly wont be the last.

Actually, the answer to who got screwed over worse, Bret or Matt resides on what YOU find most valuable to you. Do you find it worse having your legacy in wrestling tarnished forever with a screwjob vs. losing your job because the love of your life screwed with your friend behind your back?

Legacy vs. Girlfriend

Eye of the beholder.

How could anyone compare Matt Hardy to Bret Hart?

Hardy's not even half the whiny little bitch that Bret was. If Matt starts dating some new hotter chick, and then five years from now, he's still complaining about how Edge is a terrible person that ruined his life every time he gets interviewed, maybe he'll start to climb into Bret's league.

How could anyone compare Matt Hardy to Bret Hart?

Hardy's not even half the whiny little bitch that Bret was. If Matt starts dating some new hotter chick, and then five years from now, he's still complaining about how Edge is a terrible person that ruined his life every time he gets interviewed, maybe he'll start to climb into Bret's league.

Well...we'd have to wait 5 years for that outcome. People are complaining about what they see now.

You can't say 'Brets been complaining for this many years, and Matt hasn't' because it only happened to him a few months ago..