TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

But the Namco 50th Anniversary game has everything from the previous edition including the Arrangement modes + Dig Dug 2, Rally X, Rolling Thunder. That's roughly 8 more games then what is on the PS2 version of Namco 50th! Oh and F'N 194x games are added to the PSP remix edition of CCC!

I have just returned home from a trip to NYC and I must say the Nintendo World store (formerly a Pokemon Center) is very neat, especially the mini-museum on the 2nd floor. I also bought a block with a random miniature in it... I ended up with ROB. It has all these small parts that may or may not require me to do something, but the instruction pamphlet is Japanese so I just left them lying next to ROB with his 3 famicom carts as part of the "display".

I have just returned home from a trip to NYC and I must say the Nintendo World store (formerly a Pokemon Center) is very neat, especially the mini-museum on the 2nd floor. I also bought a block with a random miniature in it... I ended up with ROB. It has all these small parts that may or may not require me to do something, but the instruction pamphlet is Japanese so I just left them lying next to ROB with his 3 famicom carts as part of the "display".

A block?

Quick Question: Does anyone know if the Xbox 360 can play any region xbox 360 games? For example could I play a Japensse game on a U.S. Console. I was thinking about importing that new wrestling game Japan is getting but I want to know if I need to do something to my system first or not.

Yes, a block in the colours of the Famicom that opens up with a random miniature for the "Nintendo History Collection". Perhaps I should take a picture?

http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...ndoblock1ma.jpg - out of focus image of the box.

http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rob0tt.jpg - R.O.B. and his assorted junk

I just found Beyond Good & Evil and Panzer Dragoon Orta for just $22, so hooray for me. If only I can finish Dragon Warrior VII......I started my game maybe 2 1/2 months ago, 85 hours into it and I'm still on the first CD. That game is freakin' long, but it's still enjoyable.

I cleaned my closet a few days ago and found old Nintendo Power Magazines from 1989 to the launch of the SNES. All hail Nester !

hownes.gif

Guest T®ITEC

Tecmo just needs to combine Fatal Frame and Dead or Alive, so that there can be a console version of that game, with better graphics. Just amazing.

I'm no expert in the matter, Scroby, but you'll most likely have to mod your 360 somehow to allow it, just like every other system in the past, unfortunantly

Well that bites.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

Does anyone know what magazine and website this months EGM editorial is about? It mentions that a competiting magazine sells their cover stories for ad revenue and that, vice versa, a gaming company is mad they don't get coverage on a high profile website since they don't do much advertising on it.

I'm assuming it's GamePro and IGN.

Does anyone know what magazine and website this months EGM editorial is about? It mentions that a competiting magazine sells their cover stories for ad revenue

Sells cover stories for ad revenue? *gasp* Shocking.

I'm betting Game Informer is at least one of them, but Gamepro is, was, and always will be trash, so nothing would surprise me about them either.

and that, vice versa, a gaming company is mad they don't get coverage on a high profile website since they don't do much advertising on it.

I'm assuming it's GamePro and IGN.

I'm pretty sure that's any number of game companies that don't fork over money to X game rag.

Remember, not "video game journalists," but "semi-independent marketing representatives."

Speaking of things that aren't shocking, when I checked EB's website to see if MMX Collection actually came out this week as previously scheduled, I naturally saw a release date that I had not seen before (now January 2006). Is this going to happen every month? I am beginning to think this game is heading down the GBA collections path of endless new dates without ever actually coming out (last I read for that game was February 06).

Both will be out in 20XX.

Seriously, though, it was announced way back in Feb of this year, and I expected surely it would be out by now. I understand that there's work to do on the bonus material...but come on, now.

GBA MMAC is a sick joke at this point that Capcom won't kill, cuz it's Mega Man. It's a more sane option at this point to pick up the occasional used GB versions of MM1-4 you can often find at EBs and Gamestops than to wait for Capcom to make enhanced versions of games that were meh translations in the first place.

Events likely to happen before GBA (or DS) MMAC is released:

Zelda Twilight Princess released

Bryan Singer's Superman 2006 The Official Movie of the Game Turbo...is released...to stellar reviews.

PS3 comes out.

Koji Igarashi and his team produces an excellent 3D Castlevania game that has a great camera, has spot-on and fun platforming sequences, and includes a premium bonus disc with Rondo of Blood in its US debut.

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Remake with non-cel-shaded graphics debuts on Revolution.

Hideo Kojima makes a game with simple, addictive, fun gameplay and avoids overblown cinema screens and convoluted backstory.

The PS3/Linux team up heralds a shift in the balance of OS power and Microsoft takes a huge hit.

Mario appears in a new, original 3D platform game universally hailed as the greatest new platformer in the last 3 generations.

Halo 4 The Movie The Game

X-Box 360--number one in Japan!!!

Team Ninja's Keiji Itaragi hails Tekken 6 as the greatest fighting game of all time, and gets Accutane treatments.

Furries become socially acceptable.

The Mario Party series comes to an end.

The Final Fantasy series comes to an end.

The Madden series comes to an end after an embarrasing sex scandal. The series continues as the renamed "The only NFL Game 20XX : what are YOU going to do it about it? Yeah, you're gonna buy it. Bend over...yeah, shake that cheek with that wallet...we gotcha right where we want you." The included hologram sticker with a voice chip that shouts the product name when the case is picked up is deemed a bit too far even for EA, and sales tank. 10 million copies of the game end up in a landfill, and over the next few years EA limps its way to bankrupcy and dissolution.

DS US sales overtake the PSP.

Edited by AndrewTS

Did you totally rip that off from GameFAQs or is that a coincidence? (I noticed earlier they had a htread with that title and also used the 20XX joke, but I did not read all the events).

You used that 20XX joke on MSN a few weeks ago.

My favorite collosi in SOTC were the two that fly, the underwater one and the final. Great atmosphere in the final battle.

I've known about the January release date for a while thanks to GameFAQs, but I really do hope they release the GBA version sometime. Aside from fiddling around with my cousin's copy of one of them, I've never played the Game Boy Mega Mans.

That being said, I need to go finish Mega Man 8. I've beaten 1-7 multiple times.

You used that 20XX joke on MSN a few weeks ago.

Well, it's an old joke, so I chose to flesh it out a bit with the insomniatic rant.

I've known about the January release date for a while thanks to GameFAQs, but I really do hope they release the GBA version sometime. Aside from fiddling around with my cousin's copy of one of them, I've never played the Game Boy Mega Mans.

MM GB : heard it was bad

MM2 GB : extremely fun but VERY easily. Perhaps the easiest MM game ever.

MM3 GB : decent

MM4 GB : Overrated because of the rarity.

MM5 GB : Haven't played it. I saw a used one today for 20 bucks, but passed on it.

MMXC has ads in and on the backs of magazines, which is at least very promising. There's been no alleged emulation problems arising with it, which supposedly was the problem with the GB MMs (lost the source code, IIRC).

The new Game Informer is actually a pretty decent issue, featuring a very cool year in review section, some previews that are kind of interesting, and for giggles a Starcraft: Ghost preview.

And from the YiR section, Game Informer's ten worst of 2005:

10. Death by Degrees

9. Dead to Rights 2 (Anya cheers--had rented/bought this and agrees it as terrible as people say).

8. Lunar Dragon Song

7. Narc (another critical whipping boy--but it *did* really suck.)

6. Shadow the Hedgehog

5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (guess sometimes you can judge a game by the cover)

4. Iron Phoenix (a bad fighter--seems like Anya's territory to comment on).

3. Red Ninja End of Honor (could have used a few more...well...7 months or so in development to fix everything wrong with it).

2. Predator: Concrete Jungle (should have been a competent Metroid Prime clone, too bad).

1. Chicago Enforcer (never heard of it)

I didn't play that crappy Dead to Rights 2 on purpose. The copy of RE Outbreak 2 I bought was actually DTR2. It was so weird, it had the RE sticker art and everything on the disc but the game was DTR2.

Death By Degrees is not that bad.

I have never heard of that fighting game. It must be awful. So yes I now want to play it.

Have fun. :)

http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?area=...rticleid=258951

Yay! A few whacky enthusiasts bought the 360 in Japan!

Following the light-hearted ceremony, the two Microsoft execs got serious, issuing some stern comments about their company's competitors. "History tells us that no great empire lasts forever," said Moore. "In the case of the Sony PlayStation, obviously it has been a great empire. But when a superior culture comes along, typically, it means the end of that empire.

Yeah. Go to hell, Peter.

Guest Askewniverse

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is ridiculously hard.

Street Fighter: The Movie is worse than I remembered. It's one of the worst fighting games that I've ever played.

Street Fighter: The Movie is worse than I remembered. It's one of the worst fighting games that I've ever played.

You haven't played many bad fighters, I guess.

It's like SSF2 compared to Shaq Fu.

Have you played Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout?

Rented Aeon Flux, the game, for PS2.

It doesn't suck...it's actually quite fun, with shades of PoP, Metroid Prime (the roller sections are similar to Morph Ball stuff...except you can roll over enemies and hurt them in this game), and the overall feel is like a more diverse Bloodrayne (natch).

However, it costs as much as Two Thrones and isn't nearly as good, so it's worth a rent at least, but likely not a purchase.

Of course, I'm early in the game still.