TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Something GTA related.......

I haven't played GTA III or Vice City since I played San Andreas and I went back to play 3 today and I just was not having any fun.

With all the features added onto San Andreas I just could not get into III.

Anyone played Liberty City Stories on PS2?

On another note, my BoSox team is sick on MLB2K.

I did this a few weeks ago. I traded Manny for Pujos and Schilling for someone else, but I can't remember who. Well, I made a bunch of moves, but this is my lineup:

CF Juan Pierre

LF Vernon Wells

DH David Ortiz

1B Albert Pujos

RF Trot Nixon

C Jason Varitek

SS Michael Young

3B Mark DeRosa

2B Todd Walker

And my rotation is:

Josh Beckett

Roy Halladay

Freddy Garcia

Matt Clement

Jose Contreras

My relief pitching blows cock, but not everything can be great. And I did it without turning off the trade option.

Liberty City Stories is fun, so long as you don't go into it expecting GTA IV.

It's basically just a GTA III expansion pack/prequel, with bad graphics (if you're concerned about that shit) and truncated missions because it was designed for the PSP.

I personally like it alot, but if you find III unplayable after SA, then don't bother.

On the other hand; if you liked III (like I did) and don't mind stepping back a bit, it's cool to revisit Liberty City and see how things got the way they were/listen to Head Radio again and learn the backstory of the characters you deal with in the other PS2 games.

In summation: You could do worse for twenty bucks.

My starting five for the Suns are as follows:

Brian Caraway (my namesake CAP), SG converted to PG

LeBron James, SG

Tayshaun Prince, SF

Amare Stoudemire/Dwight Howard, PF

Kieran Killian (CAP), C

Bench as follows:

Leandro Barbosa, PG

Wesley Person, SG

Josh Howard, SF

Kyle Korver, SF

Matt McCoy (2005 draft pick traded for), PG

Josh Childress, SG

I play with the fatigue off, so if I wanted to I could play the starters for the entire game, though I do so rarely. Its much more fun to explore matchups.

Cena's Writer reamed me for trading Latrell Sprewell and a 2nd round pick for Andre Iguodala (as the Raptors). I had to be realistic and not take advantage of the weak CPU AI (artificial intelligence that is). So I started over again as the Twolves. Then he yelled at me for trading Marko Jaric and Anthony Carter for Jake Vokshul and a 1st round pick.

This is my starting 5:

PG- My created player

SG- Rashad McCants

SF- Ricky Davis

PF- Kevin Garnett

C- Mark Blount.

I play with the fatigue off, so if I wanted to I could play the starters for the entire game, though I do so rarely. Its much more fun to explore matchups.

jeez man, do you play with no fouls too?!

Yes, I do. And I commit more fouls game in and out, though I have learned how to draw charges with regularity.

I am in the game to have fun, guy. Your fun and mine differ. I actually enjoy the game doing substitutions as I see fit, not when I have to. Ever since Live 95, I have never played with fatigue on. I know it makes it more like an arcade game than a sports sim, but fuck it. If I am not enjoying myself with the game, why play it at all? That's how I felt about NFL 2K5. I was not having fun with it, so its collecting dust on my shelf.

"Cena's Writer reamed me for trading Latrell Sprewell and a 2nd round pick for Andre Iguodala (as the Raptors). I had to be realistic and not take advantage of the weak CPU AI (artificial intelligence that is). So I started over again as the Twolves. Then he yelled at me for trading Marko Jaric and Anthony Carter for Jake Vokshul and a 1st round pick."

The 1st round pick might be a diamond in the rough, if you can keep enough money for the offseason. I had a decent point guard that I drafted, but I traded him and Varejao for a better rookie PG and a 2nd round pick.

There was no way in hell that I was going to keep Kirilenko on the books with a max contract when I saw that LeBron had almost the exact same stats and his contract was 9 mil per year less, so I threw in a 2nd round pick with it and Cleveland took it. LeBron is much more of a slasher, and I am trying to develop his 3 pointer. Once he does that, he will be completely unstoppable.

This is my starting 5:

PG- My created player

SG- Rashad McCants

SF- Ricky Davis

PF- Kevin Garnett

C- Mark Blount.

That's not a bad starting 5, though I have always thought KG is better served playing the 3. Hell, after proper development, Tayshaun is a jack of all trades, though he is a great defender first. I'll offer a bit of advice: work heavily on increasing your players' speed. When they can run the floor, the fast break is by far your best weapon, though there are some set plays that just cannot be stopped.

By the way, I would have traded Spree, too.

Speaking of trades, the game makes some interesting trades. Jason Kidd is now the starting PG for the Magic, with the MVP Steve Nash coming off the bench!!?!? How weird is that?

Though I had to laugh when the Lakers traded Kobe to Miami for Shaq, then two game weeks later they tried to trade Kobe for my namesake CAP and a first rounder. I saw that and I cracked up.

I had a completely awesome game of NCAA Football '05 today. It was Boston College (me) vs. Tennessee in Tennesee (2nd toughest place to play in my Dynasty). Tennessee kicks a long FG with seconds left to force overtime where we go for FIVE periods. In the 5th, Tennessee scores and goes for the manditory conversion, but I stop them JUST short of the goal line. Then, on the FIRST play of my series, I call a play action pass and nail my receiver in the end zone for the score. For the conversion, I call a triple option and hand off to the fullback who slams into the defense and falls into the end zone. Ballgame; BC wins 49-47. Incredibly, it was only the THIRD greatest game I've played so far (1st is a BC-Notre Dame game that I played when I first got the game that also went to multiple OTs), but it's definitely the best video football game I've ever played.

the voice cast for Yakuza on PS2 was just released... it includes Mark Hammil, Michael Madsen, Eliza Dushku, and Michael Rosenbaum. That's some cast.

For those not in the know, it's a game by Sega, think GTA with some Shenmue-ish mixed in.

Well after the season, I traded KG (too expensive) for a 1st rounder, and since Eddie Griffin became productive (rated 82 at the end of the first season), it was a win-win. I used the two draft picks to draft a SF and a C, who turned into 90+ players each (the SF was said to be similar to Ron Artest and the C Yao Ming). I simmed a few seasons without saving just to see how the future looks, and we ended up winning 3 NBA titles in 6 years (making the playoffs each time). My created PG ended up outscoring Dwyane Wade in his career at the same point, and I was only about a few thousand points behind a 5 years older Kobe Bryant. Needless to say I was probably headed for the HoF. I kept Rashad McCants as my starting SG all these years but for some reason his ceiling was very strong, as he only maxed out at 84 by age 30.

My starting 5 after Year 6:

PG- CAP (Tyler Law)- rated 99

SG- Rashad McCants- rated 84

SF- Alex Olson (draft pick)- rated 95

PF- Eddie Griffin- rated 83

C- Darin Owens (draft pick)- rated 98

Top Bench players:

PG Sebastian Telfair

SG J.R. Smith

SF James Jones

the voice cast for Yakuza on PS2 was just released... it includes Mark Hammil, Michael Madsen, Eliza Dushku, and Michael Rosenbaum. That's some cast.

For those not in the know, it's a game by Sega, think GTA with some Shenmue-ish mixed in.

That is a really good cast, but I still would have preferred it to be subbed. The Yakuza have a very rough dialect that's pretty fun to listen to.

There needs to be a crossover between Super Monkey Ball and Ape Escape.

While not quite that, Super Monkey Ball Adventure is a little closer to that concept than anything else in the series so far.

Although it is a quirky game series with monkeys, I surprisingly never really got into Monkey Ball. It combines a lot of things that, normally, I dislike in games. You have the obligatory collecting (which I can usually tolerate if the rest is good), bottomless pits (which I have lot tolerance for when they're in 3D games), and timing-based objectives, which I suck at since I'm the slow-and-steady type of gamer.

Maybe Adventure will be more up my ally, though.

For those not in the know, it's a game by Sega (1), think GTA (2) with some Shenmue (3)-ish mixed in.

1. Crap. Quick, name the last Sega game released for PS2 that was any good and wasn't a port. They seemed to exhaust all their creative energies on high-quality xbox titles.

2. GTA is so played out.

3. I hated Shenmue. Soooo duuuull.

I loved Shenmue, but I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. On the other hand, I haven't liked a GTA game since GTA2 (in fact, I've grown to loathe Rockstar since then), so I'll reserve judgement on Yakuza until I get my hands on it.

Well after the season, I traded KG (too expensive) for a 1st rounder, and since Eddie Griffin became productive (rated 82 at the end of the first season), it was a win-win. I used the two draft picks to draft a SF and a C, who turned into 90+ players each (the SF was said to be similar to Ron Artest and the C Yao Ming). I simmed a few seasons without saving just to see how the future looks, and we ended up winning 3 NBA titles in 6 years (making the playoffs each time). My created PG ended up outscoring Dwyane Wade in his career at the same point, and I was only about a few thousand points behind a 5 years older Kobe Bryant. Needless to say I was probably headed for the HoF. I kept Rashad McCants as my starting SG all these years but for some reason his ceiling was very strong, as he only maxed out at 84 by age 30.

My starting 5 after Year 6:

PG- CAP (Tyler Law)- rated 99

SG- Rashad McCants- rated 84

SF- Alex Olson (draft pick)- rated 95

PF- Eddie Griffin- rated 83

C- Darin Owens (draft pick)- rated 98

Top Bench players:

PG Sebastian Telfair

SG J.R. Smith

SF James Jones

I had Telfair for awhile, but I traded him because the only thing he had going was speed. Without a mid- or long range game, or at least some good passing ability, he wasn;t very useful, and it was going to take too long to develop him properly. He was a passable backup behind Barbosa, but he was better trade bait. The thing I find funny is that once your players develop to a certain point, other teams start coming for them hard.

i was just thinking about how Sony switched back to a version of Dual Shock after the whole Boomerang suit thing.

the one change I really wish they'd make is to move the left analog stick to where the d-pad usually is. Virtually all the games I play on ps2 seem to use the analog primarily. I sometimes have to sort of stretch my thumb out to get a good handle on the analog stick where it is now.

Hey look, a French anime-wannabe Mega Man (which naturally was a ripoff of Astroboy...which naturally was a ripoff of Pinocchio):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotboy

However, he's not just a cutesy robot boy with an arm cannon, a blue body, an evil twin, and a crazy robot-making evil scientist nemesis, oh no. He dual-wields his arm cannonS! And has jet boots.

I actually want to check it out to see if it's meh or just bad and lame--2nd ep airs Friday at 11:30 PM.

http://www.alphanim.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_robotboy.gif.gif

Augustus "Gus" "The G-man" Bachman Turner

Gus is overweight, red-headed and selfish. He is an attention seeker and tries to show off most of the time by pulling practical jokes on anyone close to him. However, most of these tricks backfire and often get him in trouble.

Gus's parents are of Amish origin.

I'm sure there's a clever pun there, but since BTO is, to me, just a bunch of old fogies whose music makes me think of things like Officemax and failed political candidates, I'm missing it.

Funny segment from the Daily Show about the congressional hearings on video games....

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/medi...ml?itemId=70892

"Seriously, the House of Representative is filled with insane jackasses."

They didn't even have to take 2-3 words at a time and blow them out of context. Real quotes...just let 'em breathe...and...wow.

I saw that segment. Truly unreal.

"I'm a huge Pong player. Bleep. Bleep. Boop."

The only think I really hated was the rating system. The last one was CMB, and those are my fucking initials. Everyone in my family picked up on that right away.

Wow, did anyone elses jaw drop when that old guy said that rich kids are less likely to commit a crime if they plays GTA but if a poor kid plays the game, they will commit a crime?

It's not that crazy of a thought, but horribly stated. SES is going to have a major effect on your moral outlook. However, any speculation on how x factor will affect y behavior is pretty much speculation and pulling stuff out their tighty whitey asses.

Like the video game brain wave studies. Or the "proof" Jack Thompson sites of studies that, by their own conductors' admittance, prove nothing. The fact that violent crime has good down rarely seems to factor in. I'm surprised that crimes of all kinds aren't on the upswing considering the incompetent government we have in charge. However, maybe those poor people will do nothing until they play Gwan Teft Otto.

I would argue very much against the the claim that, as a game player, I'm going to have more permissive attitudes towards drug and alcohol usage.

Sega has done almost nothing in years but disappoint, save for a few good xbox games.

Sega boned up a classics compilation with "improved" versions. They gave a Sonic character a ****ing gun. They turned Shinobi into crap. They dole out Sonic collections with 1 good game on them and have the balls to charge 30 bucks, then they eviscerate the US version of features. They pushed the Phantasy Star collection for PS2 back into nearly oblivion and still try to push its crappy MMORPG counterpart, etc, etc.