TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Tony Hawk Project 8 comes out Wednesday and I'm pumped. I'm a HUGE fan of the series and I am reading that this game is different from the rest.

I played the demo and really wasn't impressed, but thats just my thoughts, others have enjoyed it.

Here are the reasons I didn't like it....

-Control sceme is something new to get used to. Has been really changed around.

-The camera is really to close to your skater and it zooms in on you a lot and I found it really annoying.

But thats just my thoughts of the game, like I said I know others who enjoyed the demo I just really didn't.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154959

Itagaki on Trial for Sexual Harrassment

DOA creator faced with charges from former Tecmo staff.

by Jonathan Lumb, 11/07/2006

33 of 33 users recommend this story.

Japanese entertainment news site, ZAKZAK, is reporting that Tecmo's Tomonobu Itagaki, father of the Dead or Alive series, is facing allegations of sexual harrassment from a former Tecmo worker. Itagaki, who has become quite a famous face of the game industry thanks to his frequent appearance in magazines, is being asked to pay compensation of 10 million yen. The issue is also thought to be an influence in his unexpected demotion at Tecmo this August.

The member of staff, who quit Tecmo on September 8 this year, presented her case for sueing Itagaki and Tecmo two days later on the 10th, and legal discussions started a month later on October 4. According to the plaintiff, the acts of sexual harrassment started from September 9, three years ago, in a taxi on the way back from a party after a meeting with managers from an IT company. Itagaki is alleged to have forcibly kissed the woman after proclaiming his fondness of her. The tales of harrassment continued, with Itagaki supposedly locking the reception and wrapping his arms around the plaintiff on many occasions, ending up with a similar run-in at a hotel during E3 last year.

The plaintiff claims she was told by management to "Do something about it" herself, after having been absent from work due to stress and instability about the matter, then she started to talk to the firm's head of Human Resources about it. The result of internal investigation was that kisses had been a show of "mutual affection", though the company deemed his actions improper and he lost his position of Managing Executive Officer. After an unsatisfactory response from the company, she handed in her resignation.

Since the case became public, a member of Tecmo's management has apparently contacted ZAKZAK's sister-publication, Evening Fuji, and stated that "there was a difference of opinions, and it will be cleared up in the trial".

How shocking.

However, at least it wasn't another incident of that time-honored Japanese tradition of groping women on a subway.

Tony Hawk Project 8 comes out Wednesday and I'm pumped. I'm a HUGE fan of the series and I am reading that this game is different from the rest.

I played the demo and really wasn't impressed, but thats just my thoughts, others have enjoyed it.

-The camera is really to close to your skater and it zooms in on you a lot and I found it really annoying.

But thats just my thoughts of the game, like I said I know others who enjoyed the demo I just really didn't.

The demo is out? I didn't even think to check!

The demo is out? I didn't even think to check!

Xbox Live buddy....Xbox Live

I just picked the game up and it is awesome. I only did a few minutes of the career mode because I wanted to play on Live.

Yoshi's Island 2 is out next week.

EGM gave it a 6.83 out of 10.

Who'd have thought trading Miyamoto's team for the guys that made Blinx would result in a game of lesser quality?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I traded in Resident Evil 4, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, and The Warriors today for $22, and got God of War for $18. I've only played the first 2-3 hours of it, but oh my, this game is awesome. I can't wait for God of War II in March 2007.

RE: modding a slimline ps2. Do you just need a swapdisc or does something have actually be DONE to the console?

There's a few pieces you need to put in the tray--it's easier to mod than the older PS2:

http://www.swapmagic3.com/

The new PS2 colors have been modified a little--so read up on what you'd need for your model.

My parents are thinking of buying my little brother a new console for Christmas (since it'd be too expensive to upgrade his computer which he runs games on) . They think that getting him a PS2 is a relevant choice, while I tell them that the support from game publishers will dry up within the next year or so and that it is better in the long run to purchase a 360. Who is right?

My parents are thinking of buying my little brother a new console for Christmas (since it'd be too expensive to upgrade his computer which he runs games on) . They think that getting him a PS2 is a relevant choice, while I tell them that the support from game publishers will dry up within the next year or so and that it is better in the long run to purchase a 360. Who is right?

how old is your little brother?

I would recommand a Wii if he's young, if he's almost an adult...or at least mature enough, then I would say go with a 360.

"Mature" means you swear a lot, use the occasional racial slur, and require a certain minimal level of gore, violence, and/or space marines in your games, right?

My question was is the idea of getting a PS2 viable considering his big following is the EA Sports games

The EA sports games are on every system. That's not an advantage PS2 has over any other console except Gamecube.

PS2 will likely get the EA games for the next 3 years, though. Let's face it, the PS3 isn't even going to be available for the mass market until the middle of next year, and even then the price tag will encourage EA to put versions on the more established/affordable consoles.

The very last Madden game the PS1 got was Madden 2005!!!!

There's still plenty of $$$ for them to make on the PS2.

"Mature" means you swear a lot, use the occasional racial slur, and require a certain minimal level of gore, violence, and/or space marines in your games, right?

......maybe ::shifty eyes::, well I ment mature enough to play mature games, because less face it the Xbox 360 is still geared towards Teens and Adults.

Now Tiki, if your talking about getting him a system that is going to be having games still coming out for it, then yes I think your right, getting your little brother a new system is a better choice. The PS2 will still have games come out for it for the next year or so but a new system is a better choice reguardless, but if they get him a PS2 anyways, he still has a choice for a lot of used games if anything.

I still recommand getting him a Wii then.

I would definitely recommend the PS2 over everything else right now as a first console. It's inexpensive, has by far the best library of the current systems in damn near every genre and will still have developer support for at least another two years. EA especially will keep porting sports games to the PS2 for years because the installed base is so big. If EA released Madden games on the PS1 until 2005, I guess you can expect them on PS2 until 2010, heh.

You have to consider that if they're going to be releasing the Madden games for Wii every year, that increases the chance of them continuing to release them for PS2 since it will be real easy to port over the graphics code.

I don't think all of the EA games were released until 2005--but Madden was, at least.

However, if he does get a PS2 for him this year, he won't be alone. Let's face it, the biggest-selling console this Christmas will almost definitely be the PS2 yet again. The exception likely being Japan, where likely another million or so DSes will be purchased.

I COULD see 360 being very close to closing the gap on PS2.

Why? Gears of War?

Yes, another shooter is just what 360 needed to expand its offers to larger demographics.

No, just because. People will start buying the NG and 360 is the cheapest. Well, Wii is.

I don't know, I just see it happening.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Are The Suffering and The Suffering 2: Ties That Bind good games? I thinking of picking one/both of them up.

I consider the first Suffering to be a god damned masterpeice.

The sequel? Not so much, but still worth playing. The ending you get in the first game determines the storyline of the second game, somewhat.

The corner of the Hollywood Video that used to be Game Crazy went out of business.

That doesn't surprise me, Hollywood Video got bought out almost 2 years ago. When I left the company the new company was just starting to take over Hollywood and Gamecrazy, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stores start closing down.