TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=429

The PS3 starts outselling the Xbox 360 after the clearance sale price drop. Maybe this will wisen Sony up, and they'll keep making the 60GB model or drop the 80GB model to $500 once the 60 is out of stock. If they go back to one model at $600, they'll be back to square one. But I can't help laughing at the cretins who claimed the drop wouldn't make a difference because the PS3 originally launched with the separate $500 and $600 SKUs. There was obviously a clear and significant difference between the two situations, but I digress.

Devil Kings? Didn't that the game have a preview video all the way back in CCC Vol 1?

I'm talking about the previously-mentioned 2D fighter based on Devil Kings, not the original game.

Tekken

According to the Moviehole: http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070719_cas...for_tekken.html

Dwight Little is directing, and casting agencies already received description about actors and a synopsis of the storyline:

"The film is based on the Namco videogame TEKKEN is a near future "Gladiator" style action film. It tells the story of Jin Kazama, a twenty-something street fighter who embarks on a journey to avenge his mother's death at the hands of The TEKKEN Corporation and its CEO Heihachi Mishima. Jin travels a hero's journey into the heart of TEKKEN city and the Ironfist fighting tournament,which is the greatest mixed martial arts competition in the world. He discovers his true identity and fulfils his destiny as the rightful heir to TEKKEN."

About Jin: Early 20s, tough for his age and has a developed physical presence. He is Asian, or Asian/American, a fine actor and also a natural athlete and/or martial arts practitioner. Jin should feel more man than boy and ideally have a bit of an edge, garnered from living his early life on the streets. Jin will have complex emotional scenes to play and must be convincing both as an actor and athlete. Jin Kazama is the star and lead character in TEKKEN.

Silent Hill 2

Also according to the Moviehole Roger Avary is also not returning for the sequel; remember the Cristophe Gans the director of the first one neither. Avary seems busy with Beowulf, Gans is busy with Onimusha. From other places, apparently the studio wants to get the sequel as soon as possible, and are moving ahead wit ha new director and a new writer.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070719_no_..._for_avary.html

I kind of like Code Monkeys on G4.

Yeah, maybe it's derivative and full of cheap and easy jokes, but seems to me that's the kind of show that should be on that channel.

I approve.

I bought a new graphic card for my computer since the one I had wasn't even good to begin with. I'm not that much of a PC gamer but there are several games that look awesome like Half-Life 2, Oblivion and Civilization IV. Any other suggestions ?

I bought a new graphic card for my computer since the one I had wasn't even good to begin with. I'm not that much of a PC gamer but there are several games that look awesome like Half-Life 2, Oblivion and Civilization IV. Any other suggestions ?

I enjoyed the heck out of F.E.A.R. Some people will say Extraction Point, its expansion, wasn't that good, but I thought it was, even though the plot point of

"I just killed that guy, why is he alive now"

is annoying.

Company of Heroes is a great RTS.

I will also admit to playing Halo 2 and Shadowrun on Vista, though I got both games for $40 total at a Circuit City sale. I don't recommend paying full price for either game.

What graphics card did you buy?

I bought a BFG GeForce 7900 GT. I've heard of Company of Heroes, I absolutely suck at RTS but it looks interesting. I was also recommended Neverwinter Nights.

I'm so far behind times when it comes to PC gaming that I never even played Diablo II. I used to play a lot of Half-Life and its mods but I stopped playing PC games when the PS2 came out. The last game I bought was Planescape Torment in 2000 and, even if critics say it is one of the best PC RPG of all-time, I barely played it. A friend showed me Oblivion a few weeks back and made me play the sewers area, I was hooked.

I bought a BFG GeForce 7900 GT. I've heard of Company of Heroes, I absolutely suck at RTS but it looks interesting. I was also recommended Neverwinter Nights.

I'm so far behind times when it comes to PC gaming that I never even played Diablo II. I used to play a lot of Half-Life and its mods but I stopped playing PC games when the PS2 came out. The last game I bought was Planescape Torment in 2000 and, even if critics say it is one of the best PC RPG of all-time, I barely played it. A friend showed me Oblivion a few weeks back and made me play the sewers area, I was hooked.

That's a good card, but it's not a DirectX 10 Card, although all games coming out in the foreseeable future will still support DX 9.

As developers get better at working with DX 10, it'll look better and better. 7900 should be fine for most things though; I think you can even play BioShock. (If the rest of your PC can handle it)

Downloading the new "Beyond the Sword" expansion for Civilization IV right now, off Steam. Looking forward to it, as I'm a big Civ fan (though I haven't touched Civ w/ Warlords in a while, mainly due to having some new PS2 games). Anyone else have this yet? Some of the new (well, old ones added back in) civilizations and leader sound fun, and there's supposed to be more emphasis in the late game rounds.

Diablo II is good, mindless fun, even if it's dangerously close to being a glorified expansion pack for the original Diablo. The skill trees were kind of a double-edged sword - great addition to the game, but woefully unbalanced in the beginning, which led to patch after patch of frantic nerfing (which would then lead to another tree inefficiency to exploit). Ironically, it would probably be more fun to start playing now, with all of the patches and balance kinks worked out, than it was in the beginning.

Downloading the new "Beyond the Sword" expansion for Civilization IV right now, off Steam. Looking forward to it, as I'm a big Civ fan (though I haven't touched Civ w/ Warlords in a while, mainly due to having some new PS2 games). Anyone else have this yet? Some of the new (well, old ones added back in) civilizations and leader sound fun, and there's supposed to be more emphasis in the late game rounds.

The biggest addition to the gameplay is espionage, which is more of a pain than it needs to be. You have to make spies and send them into the other country, which can get tedious. They also added a medieval version of the UN, which is about the only way you can lead a pacifist game without making a lot of military units. Otherwise it's just like the old Civ where the AI will frequently declare if you don't build up a huge army. There doesn't seem to be any new diplomacy options other than what I've mentioned though. Some of the new civs are welcome (Byzantine Empire, Charlemagne's Frankish Empire), and others are puzzling due to their insignificance (Holland, Khmer). All and all, there's not a lot of big changes, it's still basically the same game. They added a bunch of different scenarios with modified gameplay, so if you like Civ scenarios, that's good for you. To me, the fun of the game is building an empire from scratch, so I'm not much of a fan of the scenarios.

AUSSIE SECURITY experts claim that Second Life and online games such as World of Warcraft are being used to train terrorists.

According to the Australian newspaper a terror campaign has been waged in Second Life which has left a trail of virtual dead and injured, and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars' damage.

Apparently there are three jihadi terrorists registered and two elite jihadist terrorist groups in Second Life and they use the site for recruiting and training. This is on top of the Second Life Liberation Army, which has been responsible for some computer-coded atomic bombings of stores on the site.

http://theinquirer.net/?article=41361

hahaha what the.. GET OUT!

AUSSIE SECURITY experts claim that Second Life and online games such as World of Warcraft are being used to train terrorists.

According to the Australian newspaper a terror campaign has been waged in Second Life which has left a trail of virtual dead and injured, and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars' damage.

Apparently there are three jihadi terrorists registered and two elite jihadist terrorist groups in Second Life and they use the site for recruiting and training. This is on top of the Second Life Liberation Army, which has been responsible for some computer-coded atomic bombings of stores on the site.

http://theinquirer.net/?article=41361

hahaha what the.. GET OUT!

RLeeErmey.jpg

You gotta be shittin me.

I'm still not sure if I believe that story 100%, but I can see where they're coming from. Though, I think the terrorists are in for a surprise when they form a 60 man raid and find out there's fuck all dragons in England.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1542...dia_how_pr_.php

Check out this article on the role of PR in the games business.

“If you disagree with me, you do so at your own peril,” wrote Trip Hawkins, president of the now defunct game publisher 3DO, in an irate e-mail to the editors of GamePro magazine in 2001. “....And do not patronize me by telling me the reader is the customer—your real customer is the one that pays you your revenue. And it is game industry advertisers.”