TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Don't forget Castlevania: Bloodlines.

Many key members of the Castlevania Bloodlines team also worked on Contra: Hard Corps, Rocket Knight Adventures and the Sega CD port of Snatcher--basically all of Konami's quality Sega output right there. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't the pre-Treasure Treasure. Yaiman and Nami, the lead programmers for Treasure, were the main programmers on Contra 3 and Castlevania IV instead.

zis there any known reason why Treasure chose to work with the Genesis rather than SNES? You'd figure that they would have stuck with the hardware they knew best; did Sega just get to them first?

Genesis' faster processor. At least that's what Diehard Gamefan said that they said, themselves being a strong fount of ridiculously over-the-top Treasure love and also of misinformation. I haven't seen any published interviews about it, and at the time game developer interviews were a lot less common. Alien Soldier seems to strongly hint that the processor was probably why.

There's a lot of great Treasure information in 1up's retrospective (by a vocal critic, I might add):

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145006

I didn't know where else to put this. I guess that means it didn't warrant it's own thread.

I just finished a pennant race season (one month) of MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr for Nintento 64, probably my favorite game of all time. I got it in 6th grade and now I'm a senior in college. Anyway, I did a fantasy draft and went 27-0 with the Devil Rays, then I beat Seattle 3-2 in the ALDS, Minnesota 4-2 in the ALCS, and swept Colorado in the World Series. I won both MVP and Cy Young: Alex Rodriguez hit .556 with 14 HR and 41 RBI, and John Smoltz was 6-0 with a 0.82 ERA.

Yeah, the part where he explained the "famous doctor or lawyer" bit from the instruction book seemed verbatim from Seanbaby (if I'm remembering it right). Still, I found it funny and it was nice (well, horrible actually but you know what I mean) to see video of the games I had only seen in pictures.

Speaking of naughty games, it Sierra is going to be publishing what appears to be a blatant Tomb Raider clone.

It's called Wet, and is developed by a company called A2M.

Feel free to google it up, but expect search results to be NSFW.

The gameplay sounds interesting (Prince of Persia/Tomb Raiderish), but considering these guys have made a bunch of lousy GBA games and that horrible Teen Titans console beat 'em up, it could be another Getting Up.

EDIT: there's a trailer. Prepare to groan.

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?play...id=4333&s=l

I downloaded Streets of Rage 2 on XBOX Live Arcade today and while the game still kicks ass, the Alex Wright techno in the background seems different than the Genesis version. Is it just me who is hearing things differently?

I've gotten back into gaming. I started playing Metroid Prime Hunters after having it since June and I've continued with Final Fantasy 3. I just got past the water temple.

I also bought Rogue Galaxy the other day. I love the cel shaded graphics and the I'm digging the action rpg elements. It's definitely not a purchase I regret and this is just based on playing for about 15 minutes.

The one complaint I have about Rogue Galaxy is that my teammates are very good at dying. I don't change battle strategy often, if that matters. So I don't know if it's because the game sucks, or I suck.

Rogue Galaxy is like a rich-man's Kingdom Hearts, good choice.

The one complaint I have about Rogue Galaxy is that my teammates are very good at dying. I don't change battle strategy often, if that matters. So I don't know if it's because the game sucks, or I suck

Gotta use items a lot. I also found that certain sections of the game are incredibly difficult without doing a bit of level grinding.

Well, I do use a ton of items. But I never grinded. I just got to the second planet, and the monsters are having their way with me. Should I have grinded more on Juraika?

That's the one where you get thrown into prison, no? That area was BRUTAL. I just sat near a save point and grinded on the enemies near it, using that one skill of Simon's that does enough damage to kill all of the monsters in the fight, refreshing his MP after every battle. It went pretty quick.

I've been playing No Mercy for 64 a lot lately. I read on a couple sites last night that you could unlock Owen Hart by winning the WWF championship with Andre the Giant. I won the title and went through the game again with Andre as champion, but no luck. Was this a bogus cheat, or by any chance has anyone here been able to do this?

Actually, Owen Hart has appeared in the Legends of Wrestling series of games. But those games really sucked (due to Acclaim making it) so it probably doesn't count.

Speaking of which, the Legends of Wrestling license is one that has nearly unlimited potential that I wish a good developer would grab. Having EA pick up the license and then getting AKI to develop it would probably end up with the best wrestling game ever made in North America.

I did forget about the Legends of Wrestling series. Then let's say it was his last appearance in a WWE game.

With as many people WWE have under the legends deal, I've always thought Yukes could do something along those lines, provided they could tweak their engine to match. Yes, AKI is always the best possible option, but fat chance of that ever happening. They seem to have cut ties with EA and could always hook up with another publisher with which they could develop wrestling games, and I have no idea what they have planned next, but I think the most anyone could hope for at this point would be more Kinnikuman.

Actually, Owen Hart has appeared in the Legends of Wrestling series of games. But those games really sucked (due to Acclaim making it) so it probably doesn't count.

Speaking of which, the Legends of Wrestling license is one that has nearly unlimited potential that I wish a good developer would grab. Having EA pick up the license and then getting AKI to develop it would probably end up with the best wrestling game ever made in North America.

I really liked LoW 2. Showdown sucked.

When Acclaim went bankrupt, a company named Throwback Games acquired the LoW properties. I don't know if they'll make any LoW games.

I really liked LoW 2. Showdown sucked.

When Acclaim went bankrupt, a company named Throwback Games acquired the LoW properties. I don't know if they'll make any LoW games.

LoW2 was actually decent back then. Despite the LJN rubber action figure look of the wrestlers which you may either love or hate and the REALLY inaccurate move listings (I think I saw Andre do a stinkface), it was a nice break from the usual Smackdown engine.

Rogue Galaxy is like a rich-man's Kingdom Hearts, good choice.

The one complaint I have about Rogue Galaxy is that my teammates are very good at dying. I don't change battle strategy often, if that matters. So I don't know if it's because the game sucks, or I suck

Gotta use items a lot. I also found that certain sections of the game are incredibly difficult without doing a bit of level grinding.

Yeah, I really like Rogue Galaxy a lot. I'm about 7 hours in, just beat the "Star God" on Juraika and flew to Zerard or whatever it's called. I usually spend a lot of time level grinding in RPGs so I think I'll do pretty well in this game, but yeah, my teammates would get fucked up easily in the beginning of the game.

probably the 360 webcam, easportsworld.com has something about it, but that site hasn't worked since Madden came out. I have no idea what to do with all these EAsports Points I've earnt.