TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

No, no, it isn't unlockable. I'm just saying they should do it. It was a Konami game, but we saw the original TMNT arcade game get an XBLA release coinciding with the Ubisoft TMNT console game.

Oh, I read "do it guys" as if you we're talking to us. My bad.

I've bought Breakdown a few weeks back for only 5 bucks from a friend and gave up on it today. I've read it was one of the great sleeper hits for the original XBox but boy does it ever sucks (sorry if you're a fan, just my opinion). The shooting gameplay is bland as hell and its big feature, first-person-fist fights, is fun to play at first but it's just frustrating when you're facing multiples enemies. I don't think I've played a game with a more annoying secondary character.

On an good note, I've downloaded the Bioshock demo just to see if my computer could run it. Now I can see why that game gets so much praise, it looks phenomenal.

I've bought Breakdown a few weeks back for only 5 bucks from a friend and gave up on it today. I've read it was one of the great sleeper hits for the original XBox but boy does it ever sucks (sorry if you're a fan, just my opinion). The shooting gameplay is bland as hell and its big feature, first-person-fist fights, is fun to play at first but it's just frustrating when you're facing multiples enemies. I don't think I've played a game with a more annoying secondary character.

On an good note, I've downloaded the Bioshock demo just to see if my computer could run it. Now I can see why that game gets so much praise, it looks phenomenal.

How far you get on Breakdown?

I got up to the point where you get the abiilty to shoot the projectile from your arms...and there's an area shortly after that where enemies WILL gang up on you and you WILL have to deal with about 3 of them blasting their own energy projectiles at you, with no real way to snipe 'em or otherwise take them out without eating tons of damage.

I actually enjoyed a lot of it at first (liked a lot of the platforming touches, the ability to actually see your own limbs with it, the cool evasive maneuvers like backflip, etc)....but you can't effectively aim your weapon because it's so dependent on lock-on.

BTW, for a lot of folks, like me, who are clueless about if their game is pc quality, or what upgrades they need, I found this site: http://www.yougamers.com/games/. Check the "game-o-meter" for a particular game to see if your PC can run it.

For curiosity's sake, I ran the Orange Box test to see, in case Half Life Ep. 3 doesn't get a 360 release, if my PC could run it, as I expect the system requirements to be about identical. I'd need a new video card although my processor, os, and memory are fine.

I also ran the Crysis one. They may as well have played a little digitized laugh at me after I finished running it, though.

I got up to the point where you get the abiilty to shoot the projectile from your arms...and there's an area shortly after that where enemies WILL gang up on you and you WILL have to deal with about 3 of them blasting their own energy projectiles at you, with no real way to snipe 'em or otherwise take them out without eating tons of damage.

I actually enjoyed a lot of it at first (liked a lot of the platforming touches, the ability to actually see your own limbs with it, the cool evasive maneuvers like backflip, etc)....but you can't effectively aim your weapon because it's so dependent on lock-on.

BTW, for a lot of folks, like me, who are clueless about if their game is pc quality, or what upgrades they need, I found this site: http://www.yougamers.com/games/. Check the "game-o-meter" for a particular game to see if your PC can run it.

For curiosity's sake, I ran the Orange Box test to see, in case Half Life Ep. 3 doesn't get a 360 release, if my PC could run it, as I expect the system requirements to be about identical. I'd need a new video card although my processor, os, and memory are fine.

I also ran the Crysis one. They may as well have played a little digitized laugh at me after I finished running it, though.

Somehow, my computer ranked slightly above the nice little (2) circle.

So nice.

I went to maybe 70% of the game. I gave up on when I was about to get into the silo and rescue the chick. I just got tired of the game being always the same thing over and over again. Getting to the silo was frustrating enough because it began to get 4-on-1 or 5-on-1. The targeting system was already frustrating when it was 2-on-1, I had enough of it.

I remember it took me way too many tries to complete the part where it's 15-on-1, near the end. I did enjoy the ending to that game.

Never knew about that YouGamers site, handy tool.

I'm in the middle of minimum and recommended system requirements for Crysis. I hope they jumps up to YouGamers minimum next month when I upgrade. Still, the requirements are really bloody steep.

OK, my 360's down for about a month. Somebody point me in the direction of some good PC games (the cheaper, the better), please?

I happened across a copy of FEAR for the PC for $7.48 at Target last weekend. See if one in your area has a similar clearance sale.

Definitely pick up F.E.A.R if it's that cheap.

For some reason I loved listening to the phone messages throughout the game.

November is just insane with quality releases.

Coming next month (to NA at least) is Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Kane & Lynch, Mass Effect, Rock Band, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Mario Galaxy, Ghost Squad, Raving Rabbids 2, new Trauma Center, PS2 Fire Pro Returns, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Final Fantasy XII Revanant Wings, and more.

That's not even counting likely "decent" titles like Mario and Sonic, Resident Evil UC (which I think may suck, but--BENEFIT), that weird Aqua Teen golf game/beat 'em up, etc. Plus I know folks here will be interested in the new Smackdown game coming out then.

Well...at the very least Mario Galaxy and Fire Pro I'll be able to afford.

Action game from the team who made the Hitman games.

As for Fire Pro, you probably read from a moronic somewhere that had a problem with the graphics. It's basically a localization of a known-to-be-awesome game.

I was actually making a joke I've been looking to make for several, several months now (in response "Fire Pro is back and looks bad as hell!").

Though, I did read somewhere (GameFAQs?) where some people ranted about the "lame 2D graphics" and such.

Fire Pro is the Sensible Soccer of Wrestling Games <3

Kane and Lynch looks awesome, my bank balance at the end of November will not however, as Andrew pointed out - shit loads of AAA/AA games coming out!

I was actually making a joke I've been looking to make for several, several months now (in response "Fire Pro is back and looks bad as hell!").

Though, I did read somewhere (GameFAQs?) where some people ranted about the "lame 2D graphics" and such.

Sarcasm and the internet tend not to mix without lots of context.

That was the type of opinion I expected you'd gotten. I virtually guarantee you there's probably going to be a game mag or site that either doesn't have a wrestling fan, or has a wrestling fan that is a graphic whore without knowledge or appreciation of the series, and is going to bag on the game for that reason. The price might help, though.

Goddamn I hate being a gamer and being so fucking broke right now. I think I'm gonna start selling my Halo figures. I should at least get 25 or more a piece for them.

Guest Smues
A new report by Edge Magazine states that Nintendo will soon launch a DS flash card capable of downloading older Game Boy games.

Game Boy Virtual Console on DS?

The move is seen as an effort to combat piracy and bank on the similar success Nintendo has had with Wii's Virtual Console.

"Before getting too excited," reports Edge, "the [DS flash card] device will launch exclusively for old Game Boy content, initially."

No launch date was given, though Edge says the arrival is "imminent." Nintendo officials were not immediately available when contacted by GamePro.

Meh. I get my old game boy content on my SP. But for people who no longer have their old gameboy games I guess it could be cool.

I assume it means all "Game Boy" systems, which is kind of neat. Gems like Toki Tori, Shantae, and Ninja Five-O might get more of they love they missed the first time around.

However, the low quality of the actual games themselves will mean a lot of crap. Outside of Konami, Capcom, and of course Nintendo stuff, most GB and GBC games are pretty much crap.

Plus, even 5 dollars would be pushing it for most of those games.

Speaking of old games, 1up/Retronauts has a new Podcast up discussing Chrono Trigger.

It's a shame that game sucks so hard by today's standards.

Guest Smues
I assume it means all "Game Boy" systems, which is kind of neat. Gems like Toki Tori, Shantae, and Ninja Five-O might get more of they love they missed the first time around.

However, the low quality of the actual games themselves will mean a lot of crap. Outside of Konami, Capcom, and of course Nintendo stuff, most GB and GBC games are pretty much crap.

Plus, even 5 dollars would be pushing it for most of those games.

Speaking of old games, 1up/Retronauts has a new Podcast up discussing Chrono Trigger.

It's a shame that game sucks so hard by today's standards.

If they'd ever fucking release Chrono Trigger in a portable form my life could be complete. A Wii VC release would be nice too.

A new report by Edge Magazine states that Nintendo will soon launch a DS flash card capable of downloading older Game Boy games.

Game Boy Virtual Console on DS?

The move is seen as an effort to combat piracy and bank on the similar success Nintendo has had with Wii's Virtual Console.

"Before getting too excited," reports Edge, "the [DS flash card] device will launch exclusively for old Game Boy content, initially."

No launch date was given, though Edge says the arrival is "imminent." Nintendo officials were not immediately available when contacted by GamePro.

Called it. With this, and SF2 HD online, I'm 2 for 2.

Rockband's release has been moved to Nov. 20th.

Apparently its only available for $300, and you get all the stuff with it - guitar, bass, mics & drums? If that's true, that's pretty sad news, considering I have no interest in making a clown of myself by 'singing', already have a guitar from guitar heroes, and the only interest I have in this game is the drums.

Rockband's release has been moved to Nov. 20th.

Apparently its only available for $300, and you get all the stuff with it - guitar, bass, mics & drums? If that's true, that's pretty sad news, considering I have no interest in making a clown of myself by 'singing', already have a guitar from guitar heroes, and the only interest I have in this game is the drums.

From what I've read, forget if it was in a GameInformer or not, but its supposed to be launched at 170 with a guitar, drums and mic.. along with game. You'd either have to buy a new guitar or have a compatible one to play as the bass player.

Uhm... what's "AAA" or "AA" mean, in reference to video games?

If a game is "AAA" (as in Triple A) title, it means it is expected to do very well, usually part of a franchise. I believe Mario Galaxy would be considered a AAA title. AA, I expect, would be something expected to do well but doesn't have as much hype as the others and / or is not a franchise title.

Back when I was younger and had no internet (about 1996) and the N64 was on it's way out, I always used to talk to the people running a mom and pop video store about game release dates. The book from their supplier actually catologued the games as A - AA - AAA.

The grading system comes from the minor league baseball ranking system.

I picked up Zack & Wiki for the Wii today and am having a blast with it so far. I'm hoping it'll end up being a decent seller, since Capcom took a risk in developing such a niche game and it'd be nice to see said risk rewarded.