TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I always hated the SF II Turbo SNES box art. Sagat just looks dumb. He has these weird like ripples or wrinkles on his skin and his facial expression is so goofy. I feel bad for him.

I like the GIANT palm trees.

I've looked at that Gamespy list of lists before. Blaze being a top gaming babe is cool.

I guess people like how suggestive she is. I've always thought she sucked and hate how she is in like every Capcom fighter ever made now.

I guess people like how suggestive she is. I've always thought she sucked and hate how she is in like every Capcom fighter ever made now.

With the same sprite from 1993, no less.

Why is Morrigan rated so highly? I don't think I've ever seen Darkstalkers, let alone played it.

I've never played it, either (although I have played games that she was in) and all I can say is that the vampire/goth/slut look is HAWT. Not with her in particular (I would never call a video game character hot) but just in general.

I couldn't beat the first stage of Rogue Leader until tonight. I tried before that like, twenty times. Seriously. I just got it yesterday, as well as DBZ Budokai (the first one, with the characters I actually liked) and Super Mario Sunshine (awesome so far, although I haven't gotten far at all).

Why is Morrigan rated so highly? I don't think I've ever seen Darkstalkers, let alone played it.

I've never played it, either (although I have played games that she was in) and all I can say is that the vampire/goth/slut look is HAWT. Not with her in particular (I would never call a video game character hot) but just in general.

That, and the very nature of her species. She'd look at men as little more than pieces of meat. Men tend to not mind being objectified as much as women.

I had a weird experience the first time I'd played MvC in an arcade. I'd started out playing a 1P game a few of the new characters, and a girl joined in, with Morrigan and somebody else. I didn't fair so well, getting figuratively raped while her onscreen avatar finished me off by literally doing so.

Seeing that move for the first time is a real WTF moment.

Man, getting ranked #2 in NCAA football before recruiting really helps your recruiting prowess. I coach a cupcake team and yet I netted 5 ***** prospects....

Damn, you finished #2 overall with a created New Hampshire school? Didn't see that coming.

Kotz- Mario Sunshine is excellent, but for me, it got very boring after a while due to all the collecting.

Renegade- I heard Stranger's Wrath was very good, but it sold horribly. Is it worth the $30 or so it goes for now? I am tempted to try it out just for its quirkiness and inclusion of true "live ammo".

I don't know if i'm the only one to notice this, but every game I play these days has ragdoll physics in it. It was cool when I first saw it in Max Payne 2, but when almost EVERY game that comes out has it, I start to get a little annoyed.

SO I recently re-acquired MVP Baseball 2005. Now playing in dynasty mode as Washington Nationals with Rich Harden and Jon Garland in my rotation. I also traded some prospects plus the incumbent starters to acquire Rafael Furcal, Andruw Jones, Carlos Lee and Hank Blalock (I had signed Jeromy Burnitz, Magglio Ordonez and Steve Sparks solely for the purpose of having trade bait), also signed Carlos Delgado. Needless to say I think this Nationals squad has the actual Nationals beat.

I just recently bought Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 3 GBA remakes (I don't have the original copies on NES and SNES anymore). I must say... it's a nostalgic feeling. It's great playing both of these magnificent games again. I'm sticking to what I believe, Super Mario Bros. 3 is the greatest game I ever played. It was a great, fun, challenging platform with some of the best levels ever made. That is my "Game of All Time". Mario World would be in the Top 10 too. Another great platform game with quite a few great innovations for it's time.

Super Castlevania IV is easily up there for me too. Simon and the LIMP WHIP~! That game was just pure fun for me.

I don't know why, but I love 2D platform games more than any other style of gaming... I guess that's the way I was brought up. Super Mario Bros. was the first game I ever played. So there ya go I guess...

I'm sticking to what I believe, Super Mario Bros. 3 is the greatest game I ever played. 

F'in A.

Although I passed on the GBA version. The way they were pushing the E-reader thing, it seems like they required it to do stuff you could do normally on the SMAS version.

So E-reader didn't muck with it much/at all? Or did you go the E-reader route?

I'm sticking to what I believe, Super Mario Bros. 3 is the greatest game I ever played. 

F'in A.

Although I passed on the GBA version. The way they were pushing the E-reader thing, it seems like they required it to do stuff you could do normally on the SMAS version.

So E-reader didn't muck with it much/at all? Or did you go the E-reader route?

Nah, I don't have an e-reader. it plays like the old game without the e-reader. They just have extra levels and items if you go get the cards. I may have to pick up the e-reader one day if it they still have those cards where you can play Ice Climber or Excitebike. Good times, good times...

There are a couple of differences. One, if you play as Luigi, you got HE CAN JUMP REALLY HIGH Luigi. Two, the music in some points kinda gets killed in the jump to GBA. In Mario World especially, but that's a different game... but that's just a minor detail. It still plays like the Mario 3 I know and love. I'm in Giant World now. I remember sitting there playing that game entering that world for the first time going "What is this place?" Then I enter the first level going "that is an awfully big cloud. I wonder-HOLY SHIT THAT'S A BIG GOOMBA!" Ah the old days, when these kinda levels like grass, desert, ice, and stuff like that didn't seem generic and overdone...

Okay, cool. I might pick it up after all.

Did the change Luigi's jump to the SMB2 flutter-kick like in in the GBA SMW? Luigi was sooo much better than Mario in the Advance version of SMW (except for a few areas where you had to move quickly and jump lower) overall that it wasn't even funny.

They should make Peach playable in the Mario Advance games.

How do you pronounce Uwe Boll?

They should make Peach playable in the Mario Advance games.

How do you pronounce Uwe Boll?

When he introduced himself on commentary, he pronounced it "oo-vuh bowl."

You'd think with all of the awful hacks out there, somebody would have have able to add Peach. =/

Is it true there's game footage in HOTD? How would that work, wouldn't it be really jarring.

Is it true there's game footage in HOTD?

There's clips of zombies attacking lifted directly from the game that are spliced into one of the action sequences, used as transitions, and there's like a "Predator-Vision" bit of game footage used all throughout the opening credits.

How would that work, wouldn't it be really jarring.

Yes. Go watch and see for yourself.

Although when you've seen *THAT* action sequence, it's like poorly-placed deck chairs on the Titanic.

You saw my summary of the plot of AitD, after all. :)