TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Does it have anything to do with the games?

Well, aside from "zombies kill people," and "people get guns and kill zombies," no.

It's set modern-day. There's a Sega-themed rave on the "Isle De La Morte", the "main characters" (oh, we know who lives/dies like a minute into the movie, nice job Uwe) hire a ferry to take them to the rave but zombies (who jump around like jackrabbits and make the Dawn remake zombies look like arthritic old white people) have already killed/chased off just about everyone. Lots of stupid stuff happens as they try to survive, some bald Spanish lunatic scientist is behind all the zombies, and....

None of it makes a lick of sense.

Iceanvil.com has a nice write up on it. You might get a kick out of Liberty. She's such a bad actress/character she actually stands out even among these schmucks. Although the sea cap'n is actually a good actor who happens to be doing this movie for some unexplainable reason.

The main baddie's backstory is set up by the line, "This book looks old, maybe it can help us."

Have you ever seen this horror movie where an evil demonic pinata attacks people at some island camp? Nick Brendon from Buffy is in it.

Okay, cool.  I might pick it up after all.

Did the change Luigi's jump to the SMB2 flutter-kick like in in the GBA SMW?  Luigi was sooo much better than Mario in the Advance version of SMW (except for a few areas where you had to move quickly and jump lower) overall that it wasn't even funny.

Yep. It feels different on this game though. I prefer good ol Mario in this game even though I like Luigi more.

I'm just waiting for the game one day where Mario and Luigi arrive at Bowser's throne room and Bowser looks up laughing going "Mario, you didn't think it was this easy, did you? You never thought you would ever get betrayed by your own in the Mushroom Kingdom... or by your own brother, NOW DID YOU?"

Mario turns and then gets a fireball in the face from Luigi! Luigi stands over a stunned Mario saying he was tired of Mario being the hero... now he'll destroy the hero. And he walks away as a "No Sleep till' Brooklyn" knockoff plays. Luigi is later seen in the game somewhere with the same clothes except dark sunglasses and a trenchcoat over his regular outfit.

I know all that sounds lame... but that came to me one day a couple of years ago, and I thought it would be fucking badass if it ever happened.

Have you ever seen this horror movie where an evil demonic pinata attacks people at some island camp? Nick Brendon from Buffy is in it.

Pinata: Survival Island? Heard of it but not seen it.

Oh, there's a sequel to HotD in the works. Boll isn't directing, but it has the same writers. The director is credited as a writer for MANSQUITO, too.

Muggy- sounds like an idea to pass along to some one who could bring it to life in flash (I'm not the guy, though). :)

Too bad Luigi's Mansion was lame. Although, supposedly Nintendo wants to do a sequel.

Muggy- sounds like an idea to pass along to some one who could bring it to life in flash (I'm not the guy, though).

Sounds like a nice idea. Anyone on TSM that can do good flash cartoons or know anyone that could pull that off?

I've just recently acquired a DS, thus solidifying my stance as a rabid, delusional and ridiculously loyal Nintendo fan.

I think I might even buy the Revolution.

No, seriously.

Soon as I get a decent job, I'm so owning a DS and likely will get a Rev.

Although PS3 is going to be the best, cuz you're going to want to put in tons of overtime to afford it. And Sony knows kung fu.

If MS gets themselves organized with the 360 backward compatibility (I want to play Spike Out, Panzer Orta, Ninja Gaiden, hopefully online Capcom/SNK fighters on it. **** Halo in the ear), I may pick it up. It's looking progressively more interesting than the PS3. It appears to be getting solid support from Konami and Capcom this time around.

Plus rumors are that Ridge Racer 6 will be on 360, perhaps exclusive. So Namco is on board too.

*puts up Anya puppet* "What, no Tekken?"

So far, no, but a company that stuck so close to Sony so far, save for their wandering SC games, putting one of Sony's once-exclusive series on another system is promising.

All PS3 has now tech demos for sequels to the same old stuff, it's not going to support PS2 memory cards, controllers, or accessories, and the controller blows. So hurray for Microsoft's "toy"; Kutaragi can shove his "supercomputer" up his ass until I see quality, playable games.

I just broke down and bought a PSP. For $206 I got a PSP value pack (1.50 firmware) and the Twisted Metal game.

1) I know that I'll be buying Lumines and Hot Shots Golf for sure. What are some other solid titles to think about picking up?

2) What are the games to really look out for in the future, besides the GTA game (I'll be getting that one for sure).

3) About online play: I have a Wireless G Broadband Router hooked up to the computer in my room, and another computer on the other end of the house getting a wireless connection off of the setup. Should everything be cool for me and my PSP online here at home? I would basicly just turn the system on anywhere in my house and be able to get online?

4) What are some of the bonus cool stuff that the PSP can do with this firmware version? Like emulators and all of that.

5) Ok, if you have anything else having to do with the PSP that you'd like to share, let me know. I can't wait to have it so I can really get into it.

Also, on the Nintendo DS front, I've been playing the absolute hell out of Nanostray. It didn't get the best reviews ever, but I'm having a ball with it. If you love shooters, I don't see how you can't just love this one.

IGN reports that Mortal Kombat III will begin filming in Louisiana.

Meh, I have some lingering doubts. When we have actual pictures from the set, I'll buy it.

It can't top the comedy classic that is Annihilation.

2) What are the games to really look out for in the future, besides the GTA game (I'll be getting that one for sure).

Death Jr., Coded Arms, Tales of Legendia are all that come to mind.

Give us a sequel to Tron Bonne (the MML games are already coming out in Japan), plz.

Too damn much racing.

This is like the 7th time MK 3 has supposedly been coming. I'll belive it when I see it.

From what I've read about them online, I can't get excited about Death Jr. and Coded Arms. On Gamerankings.com Death Jr. has a score of 66% and Coded Arms is at 61%.

Guest Askewniverse

Why doesn't Mega Man kill Dr. Wily whenever he has a chance? I've been playing the NES games the past few days and Dr. Wily always gets away at the end.

Quick Man's stage is annoying. Those rapid energy beams are a pain.

Using Metal Blades on Metal Man is surprisingly effective.

5) Ok, if you have anything else having to do with the PSP that you'd like to share, let me know. I can't wait to have it so I can really get into it.

There are some upcoming UMDs that are supposed to have PSP-exclusive content. For example, the Oldboy UMD is going to have extras that won't be on the DVD version.

I just beat all 8 MMs last week on the Anniversary edition.

Usually Wily has some escape plan, like that revolving door in 4. In 7 MM threatens to kill him but can't, Megaman doesn't have free will and robots cannot harm humans.

Guest Askewniverse
Usually Wily has some escape plan, like that revolving door in 4. In 7 MM threatens to kill him but can't, Megaman doesn't have free will and robots cannot harm humans.

Mega Man doesn't necessarily choose not to kill Wily in MM 7. He hesitates and a beam falls on Wily. Then Bass shows up, taunts MM for hesitating, and saves Wily.

MM could have killed Wily in MM 6, but MM has Wily arrested instead.

Yamato Man? What the hell is a Yamato?

Mega Man doesn't necessarily choose not to kill Wily in MM 7. He hesitates and a beam falls on Wily. Then Bass shows up, taunts MM for hesitating, and saves Wily.

Yeah, but he had plenty of time. He just stands there. Besides, that wasn't in the Japanese translation and the whole point of the MMX series story is that X is the first robot with free will.

Try beating all the games with the default megabuster.

Renegade- I heard Stranger's Wrath was very good, but it sold horribly. Is it worth the $30 or so it goes for now? I am tempted to try it out just for its quirkiness and inclusion of true "live ammo".

It's a great game so I would say it's worth 30, but then again it did bomb so it will probably drop in price. The 1st and 3rd person modes mix so well together.

Guest Askewniverse
Try beating all the games with the default megabuster.

I think that's pretty much impossible. The final boss in Mega Man 2 can only be beaten with Bubble Lead.

PS3 won't be out until 2007 (aka after the 630 and Revolution are released):

From Gamespot:

"Buried in an analyst's memo, written shortly after last week's Electronic Arts earnings call, was a hidden gem. According to the widely read team at Wedbush Morgan Securities, Sony may delay the release of the PlayStation 3 until 2007--if exactly the right conditions prevail.

Currently, the console is slated to appear in Japan before the end of that company's fiscal year--March 31, 2006--and in North America before the end of 2006.

Given the right set of circumstances, however, that release window (at least in North America) could intentionally lag until after the 2006 holiday buying season.

In a research memo sent to investors, Wedbush senior analyst Michael Pachter set up the following scene for a delayed PS3 launch. It starts with the current-generation Xbox being priced down to $99 post-Xbox 360 launch, but no lower. Concurrent with that situation--an Xbox 360 at an unspecified price and the Xbox at $99--Sony would drop the price of the PlayStation 2 to $99.

There are two components to that pricing strategy: the first is that a $99 PS2 would offer a significant distraction as the 360 launches. As Pachter states: "We believe that the company will attempt to disrupt the Xbox 360 launch with a price cut, and as a result may succeed in diverting attention away from the higher-priced next-generation console."

In addition to the "diversion rationale" is the supporting fact that "the redesigned PS2 carries a manufacturing cost of less than $99," according to Pachter. New consoles are noteworthy for the fact that at the beginning of their manufacturing cycle, the units are sold at a loss. Given that the PS2, according to Pachter, would cost less to make than to sell, it behooves Sony to extend demand for that product for as long as possible. And if Microsoft takes the Xbox price no lower than $99 (still a loss for Microsoft, according to Pachter), Sony will find itself in a win-win situation.

Another cornerstone in Pachter's theory is Sony not wanting to disappoint consumers and retailers by having too few units in the channel over the high-demand weeks of this coming December. Pachter says, "we believe that Sony suffered the ignominy of being unable to satisfy holiday ['04] demand in order to increase its gross profits over the short term."

If the PS3 launches in late '06 and suffers the same fate, Sony would be embarrassed for a second straight year. Without any PS3's in the channel, there's no chance of a shortage of stock. A backward theory perhaps, but a theory based in fact nonetheless.

The key point in Pachter's argument weighs heavily on what sort of showing the 360 has at launch. If the 360 tallies significant sales early, Sony would need to fire on all cylinders and get the PS3 into the channel ASAP. However: "Should Microsoft fail to garner sufficient software support to gain an insurmountable lead, we think that there is a possibility that the PS3 launch will slip into early 2007."

Following the distribution of the memo last week, GameSpot spoke with Pachter who emphasized that he "posited the thought as option value for Sony." Continuing, he said, "I think the 360 will do quite well."

But if the 360 does an about-face at launch and tanks, the above Plan B could be an option the cash-strapped Sony might just consider."

Wow. I thought the horrible-looking controller, the "supercomputer" design, the insanely expensive price, and the Blu-Ray disc drive of the PS3 were bad, but this certainly puts Sony in last place this time around in the console gaming department.

On a different note, for some reason, I've been losing interest in video games in the last few years. Possibly because so many developers have been putting out shit games for a while, and the few games that are good for the most part are from genres that I'm not interested in.

If the PS3 article needed a thread, then I apologize for that.

This is like the 7th time MK 3 has supposedly been coming. I'll belive it when I see it.

The reason *I* can believe it is that my family is connected with all the tax breaks that movie productions get in LA, which has actually made it feasable to film some movies that had trouble raising money.

It worked out in the case of Ray, but I'm not nearly as hopeful about this dog.