TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I've never heard of vgcharts.org before ......how the hell is Frogger for PS the 22nd best selling game of all-time in America ?

No idea, but I know it was one of the top selling PS1 games of all time, given several GH reprints.

Oh, found this funny on the jpn chart:

Donkey Kong Country SNES Nintendo 2,996,250

I thought Japan *hated* this game and it bombed horribly? At least that's what the gaming press (and Miyamoto) would have you think.

No idea, but I know it was one of the top selling PS1 games of all time, given several GH reprints.

Oh, found this funny on the jpn chart:

Donkey Kong Country SNES Nintendo 2,996,250

I thought Japan *hated* this game and it bombed horribly? At least that's what the gaming press (and Miyamoto) would have you think.

I've never heard anyone say that. They just think it sucked. They are wrong.

Last night I went to the Video Games Liveconcert in San Fransisco...AND IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! Honestly if it ever comes near you, I really recommand that you go. Its a really fun experiance for anyone and I really mean everyone. The show started out with a costume contest where a guy who dressed up like a Kindom Hearts guy won and he got a brand new Nintendo Wii, then after the contest the orchestra struck up and the concert began. They played songs from Final Fantasy (a lot of Final Fantasy songs), Kindom Hearts, Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, stuff from Namco and other retro games, Advent Rising, Civ 4, and of course Halo ended the show.

During the show they had other contest's as well along with a couple of guest performances. The other two contests they had was a live action Space Invaders contest where a guy (who cosplayed as Kane from the Kane series), had to run from side to side to move the ship and finish out the level to win, he didn't beat the level but he still got a DS lite. The second contest pitted two people in a frogger contest. It was this 11 year old kid who played against this guy in his late 20's who dressed up like Mario....the 11 year old won and got a free 2,500 laptop from Intel! Whats also cool about these contests was the orchestra actually played the music for the game and would change it up say if someone died or the game suddenly ended.

Like I said, they also had some special guests. They had

who can play the Super Mario Bros song blindfolded play a few songs on the Piano. He played 10 Final Fantasy songs and a few Super Mario bros song as well and he's a FUCKING MANAIC ON THE PIANO! He honestly played the 10 Final Fantasy songs in what felt like only a few minutes. They also had
on the show as well. Chris played the Contra Jungle Jam song on his guitar. I put the link to what he does on youtube there. There was also guys from Lucas Arts there as well and they performed a few songs from some of the Lucas Arts games. The guy who does the actual voice of Mario was there as well, but there was one VERY special guest there as well.....

Koji Kondo was there as well! Koji Kondo is the composser for the Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, and the Starfox games. A real legend in the video game industry and he actually played on the piano for us. It was really cool to see, like I said it was a OUTSTANDING show all around.

After the show there was a meet and greet and I got everyone to sign two posters. One for me and one for a friend as a birthday present and the cool thing is that everyone at the meet and greet was really cool about signing two posters for me. I got the guy who does the Voice of Mario (also the voice for Wario and Baby Mario), Tommy Tallario's autograph (Judgement Day from G4 and creater of the Video Games Live), Alexey Pazhitnov (creater of Tetris) autograph, Yes I got the guy who motherfucking created one of the BEST GAMES EVER Autograph!, and of course Koji Kondo's autograph as well, plus many other composers and voice actor's as well.

And the poster will be up on Ebay later today and the starting bid will be at 500 bucks....just kidding. I'm framing the poster and hanging it up.

Like I said earlier, the show was a freaking blast and if it ever comes near you or where you live, you should really go. Its a really really great show for all.

Guest Smues

That's sounds amazingly awesome. Too bad they'll never come anywhere close to me.

I don't think anyone was serious about that. It's fairly easy to have the "sales = quality" or "critical success = quality" arguments thrown back in your face. Not to mention the fallaciousness of it.

It's probably more accurate to say that long running game series generally tend to peak, followed by a decline, with a spike here or there.

Man, the Gamecube is STILL selling in Japan?

I don't know where you got that. It's selling between 250 and 500 systems a week. It was never really a hit in Japan to begin with.

If, by some weird turn of events I ever wind up owning a small neighborhood store, the Malo Mart Theme is getting bumped in there.

"Buy one! Get one!"

http://kotaku.com/gaming/psp/psp-redesign-...rmed-243750.php

PSP Redesign Confirmed

Confirming the rumors that have been floating about for months, SCE UK boss Ray Maguire confirmed yesterday during the PSP in Education initiative launch that the current PSP is only the first iteration, and that a smaller, lighter version of the handheld is in the works.

Better d-pad please.

I finished last night Valkyrie Profile after beginning it in November and putting more than 55 hours into it.......only to have a lousy ending that didn't even lasted two lousy minutes. RPGs should all have solid, well-devellopped endings. They're the kind of genre that are the most time-consuming, you should at least get something for all the time you put into it. Just like Knights of the Old Republic : fantastic game but with the most basic ending ever.

Any games with endings that left you on your appetite, saying to yourself "That's it ?!" once the credits rolled ? I remember Deus Ex being disappointing : three possible endings that only are 30-seconds clips.

Any games with endings that left you on your appetite, saying to yourself "That's it ?!" once the credits rolled ? I remember Deus Ex being disappointing : three possible endings that only are 30-seconds clips.

B00000JRSB.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Guest Smues

I didn't mind FFVII's ending that much. I didn't like that it was inconclusive, but it was fairly long and looked pretty cool.

WOO HOO! According to GameSpot, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is next week's arcade release at a cost of 800 points. Can't wait.

Well in fairness it comes with "a bunch of extra crap" and people WILL buy it as long as it's not mandatory.

Thanks, wikipedia:

Halo 3 will be released in November 2007. However Micrsosft has been rumored to be pushing for a September 2007 relese. Three versions of the game package have been announced:

* Standard ($59.99)

* Collector's Edition ($69.99) (contents unannounced)

* Legendary 4-Disc Edition [24] ($129.99)

o The Legendary version comes with an exclusive 10" MJOLNIR Mark VI helmet replica (Dimensions are Height 10", Width 8.5" and Depth 11.5"), which acts as a cover for an 11" stand that will contain the four discs: 1) the Halo 3 game disc, 2) behind-the-scenes content at Bungie Studios with new insights into the Halo universe and the making of Halo 3, 3) a high-resolution collection of all cinematics, from Halo 1 and Halo 2 complete with director commentary, and 4) a disc containing certain machinima series (such as Red vs Blue and This Spartan Life), as well as more unannounced content

Guest Smues
WOO HOO! According to GameSpot, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is next week's arcade release at a cost of 800 points. Can't wait.

Took them long enough. But only 800 points? That's awesome. I was thinking it'd be 1200 minimum, more likely 1600.

Just about any RPG made before 1995 outside of FFVI. The generally shitty, archaic gameplay doesn't help either.