TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Smackdown VS Raw 2006

Hooray, I unlocked DiBiase, WM IX, and the Legends cage by beating the Superstar challenges. DiBiase's cool, but unfortunately, the Million Dollar Dream is one of the submissions where you have to stop the dot in the blue field. I like them okay for some matches, but the computer escapes them almost every time, usually on the first try.

The ECW arena is pretty cool, too. Along with WM IX, though, the guard rails look weird because they had to put a thick layer of steel on top of them so they can be similar to the regular black railing.

I, like a poster a page or two back, am trying to make Samoa Joe in CAW, but it's apparently impossible to make the correct tights due to there being that one area on the upper leg that you can't put ANYTHING. Really annoying.

apprantly I suck as sd is getting higher ratings, though my week 1 Benoit vs Eddie (me)single match main event somehow got 3 stars despite it being really sucky (whos rating these matches?) the next week I only played the main event cage match with eddie vs benoit (eddies my wwe champ) and benoit (me) won it

Ratings are determined by popularity (And I think) "Overall". It has nothing to do with what actually goes on in the match I'm pretty sure.

You could have a 25 minute match, or a match where you hit the person with a weapon and end it in 10 seconds, and they both could still be 2.5 stars...

edit- Oh, and I think I saw it somewhere in the thread already, but this year, does the computer always seem to get up when you go for a diving special? Because I don't think it's just me, but I can never seem to get Eddie, or RVD to hit a frog splash perfect...unless it's a multi person match and someone knocks the person out just before I do it.

Otherwise they just start getting up as soon as I leap off.

The top rope finishers are very hard to hit due to the CPU always getting up.

BTW, Elimination Chambers are horrible this year. First, the camera angles are terrible.. If one person goes outside, then it zooms way out. The people outside are then near impossible to see due to the chambers getting in the way. Secondly, the AI sucks. Maybe it can be edited in options, but the CPU does nothing but randomly climb up the walls, onto the top of the chambers, and then climb back inside.

I didn't get it on release day, but I went to WalMart last night at around 11pm, saw a single copy of this game, and bought it out of impulse. I haven't played it much yet, but I'm getting into it today.

So most of you are saying two thumbs up on this one?

I didn't get it on release day, but I went to WalMart last night at around 11pm, saw a single copy of this game, and bought it out of impulse. I haven't played it much yet, but I'm getting into it today.

So most of you are saying two thumbs up on this one?

Definitely.

While yea, there are flaws, it's leagues above the others. (even if only for exhibition title matches >_>) And also the graphics are unbelievable. A lot of people say they don't care about graphics, but whatever, I do, and they're amazing.

woa! Freakishly awesome glitch.

Just won WMIX along with the Legend Cage, and decided to do a Hogan 80's vs Bret Hart cage match. For one, it just looks cool as hell. But I kept doing the german suplex from the top of the cage (which is a fucking great addition to the game...the cage moves) and I had Hogan do one to Bret, and now all of a sudden, they're outside the ring and the match is still going on!

And it's not like a glitch, where were walking through the crowd or anything like that, but it's still functioning like a normal match. And I don't know why, but it's just cool fighting all throughout the WMIX arena with the legends cage still on the ring.

Doubt there's any way the match'll end though..

....Nevermind. As soon as I typed that I just ran right into the ring. *shrug*

edit..again-

I found it happens when I do the German suplex off the cage in "slow motion". (Aka pause, and unpause >_>)

Guest Prodigy

Could it be that the CPU gets up right away because they reversed your finisher when doing diving moves? Because it always seems that they get up right when I hit L1.

One thing I still don't like, is that I see they kept those damn "sliders" for CAW. I mean, it's good, but it's pretty damn hard when you're trying to follow a formula, and it says like 16...and the slider keeps going between 15, and 17. (not that it's a big difference but it some cases it helps)

It needs some kind of 'click' funtion, like RAW2

I, too, am having problems with top rope moves where the opponent is lying on the mat. I'm playing my Smackdown season with Eddie Guerrero, and I don't think I've hit the frogsplash properly once. I have connected a few times where the opponent will stand up and still get hit partially, but usually I just have to finish guys with the Lasso from El Paso.

The trick is to knock them out before doing the move. Yeah, in past games you could do it whenever, but I find if I go for the frogsplash after waiting for my opponent to be right out, I always hit it.

Does anyone play with the stamina bars on? I assumed it would be a nuissance and shut it off without ever trying it.

Much like not noticing that Start opened a seperate menu in GM Mode, I didn't notice until recently that pressing Start in the locker room lets you customize it. The Canadian flag hangs proudly now.

I, too, am having problems with top rope moves where the opponent is lying on the mat. I'm playing my Smackdown season with Eddie Guerrero, and I don't think I've hit the frogsplash properly once.  I have connected a few times where the opponent will stand up and still get hit partially, but usually I just have to finish guys with the Lasso from El Paso.

So you're saying the selling is bad & guys don't stay down long enough like in SDvRaw 1? That sucks...

HCTP's selling > all.

I haven't played SvR 1 aside from a couple matches at GameCrazy when it first came out, so I can't compare the two.

I'm not sure what Venkman's saying about "knocking them out". You mean fully draining their stamina?

Also, who else plays online, and what are your user names? I'd prefer to play people I'm semi-familiar with rather than strangers, so I haven't playedan online match yet.

I, too, am having problems with top rope moves where the opponent is lying on the mat. I'm playing my Smackdown season with Eddie Guerrero, and I don't think I've hit the frogsplash properly once.  I have connected a few times where the opponent will stand up and still get hit partially, but usually I just have to finish guys with the Lasso from El Paso.

So you're saying the selling is bad & guys don't stay down long enough like in SDvRaw 1? That sucks...

HCTP's selling > all.

Only for top rope finishers.

In other cases yea, it's actually better. For instance, the Superplex this year is perfect. Both superstars actually get hurt, instead of the person doing it just popping right up

The trick is to knock them out before doing the move. Yeah, in past games you could do it whenever, but I find if I go for the frogsplash after waiting for my opponent to be right out, I always hit it.

Does anyone play with the stamina bars on? I assumed it would be a nuissance and shut it off without ever trying it.

Much like not noticing that Start opened a seperate menu in GM Mode, I didn't notice until recently that pressing Start in the locker room lets you customize it. The Canadian flag hangs proudly now.

Start opens a menu in GM mode...? :s

Because I'm pressing it right now and it does nothing...you can save, when you're making the card, but thats it as far as I know..

Guest Real F'n Show
I, like a poster a page or two back, am trying to make Samoa Joe in CAW, but it's apparently impossible to make the correct tights due to there being that one area on the upper leg that you can't put ANYTHING. Really annoying.

Yeah, I'm STILL messing around with it every once in awhile to try and get it, but no luck yet. It's a shame too, as my Joe's face is almost perfect. If you figure anything out, let me know, but it's looking pretty impossible.

Also, how the hell do you cage moves? I can't seem to do anything when they're climbing up...

For those of you that have the WrestleMania IX arena...

Do they show the commentators at ringside?

And if so, who are they?

Cole & Tazz are ringside, I believe.

I've been using the stamina meters. They haven't been that annoying, and I think you can change the rate of losing it in options.

GM Mode has been getting rough. Raw's been ahead of me for a while now with almost 1 million more fans, and I've been low on cash for the past few months. I let the CPU simulate their own cards for a few weeks, but it seems like it never can keep a feud for more than one week. It's gained some fans, but I have to question the decision to put the World Title on Doug Basham from HHH. Meanwhile, there's the interpromotional Buried Alive match at Survivor Series, in Calgary. I put Bret in there, against Angle, but he lost, and now he's apparently disappeared.

I find if you hit the guy with a top rope rana, then he stays down long enough to hit the Frog Splash.

And if so, who are they?

I've been using the stamina meters. They haven't been that annoying, and I think you can change the rate of losing it in options.

GM Mode has been getting rough. Raw's been ahead of me for a while now with almost 1 million more fans, and I've been low on cash for the past few months. I let the CPU simulate their own cards for a few weeks, but it seems like it never can keep a feud for more than one week. It's gained some fans, but I have to question the decision to put the World Title on Doug Basham from HHH. Meanwhile, there's the interpromotional Buried Alive match at Survivor Series, in Calgary. I put Bret in there, against Angle, but he lost, and now he's apparently disappeared.

Here's a bit of advice for GM mode...

You don't need feuds.

A HIAC match between a JBL and RVD that have been feuding for 7 weeks'll get the same rating as a HIAC between a JBL and RVD..that haven't.

That's not true. If a feud is built up for weeks and put in a gimmick match, it will get a higher rating than a match put together with that same gimmick without a feud at all.

Unfortunately, what I've found is what works for the other brand will not work for you. They can put on gimmick matches galore and use the same guys constantly, and almost none of them will get highly fatigued or seriously injured. That's not the same with the brand you control, which is pretty ridiculous. So although feuds don't have to work for the other brand, they definitely do need to work for you if you want higher star ratings.

By the way, I have had one five-star match so far. Triple H vs. Hulk Hogan in a Last Man Standing match. So take from that what you want.

When I say "knocked out", I mean that state where the opponent is animated differently when they are on the mat.. you know, flat on their back, not moving, will probably be down for a 3 count if you pin them.

I didn't feel like going into that detail so I jsut said "knocked out".

I thought Start was the button that brought up the ability to draft legends in GM mode (if pressed on the Roster page, of course).

The fact that they decided to use Spike Dudley in the ECW angle despite the fact they didn't get any voice overs from him was awesome! I broke out laughing when Fake Spike Dudley began talking to me. Also the ending where I won the WWE title from RVD and declared it the ECW title, then gave him the van terminator was pretty awesome.

And if so, who are they?

Lmao, Doug Basham owns as World Champion :P And he's probably gone because he got buried alive. You need to keep kayfabe alive brotha!

And I still don't have this game dammit, I just can't wait any longer.

I'm one Challenge away from completing the Amateur Challenge Set...and it's to interrupt a Stolen Taunt, which the computer NEVER does. Never seen it done, in Season Mode, GM Mode, anywhere. Frustrating.

I did it the cheap way... I've also never seen the computer do it, so what you do is put in a second player and have him steal the taunt (should be a long one, just in case), and then you, the first player, interrupt.

Hmm, I didn't know you could do that. Urge to cheat...rising.

Yeah. Not the same, I know, but I'm used to stopping to breath from FirePro on the GBA, so it's no big deal to me. Haven't tried it without yet.