TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Midcard guys you think are safe from

Stemming from the latest Roster cut, who in the mid/low card do you feel is safe from the dreaded Roster cut? Please, no obvious ME'ers need to be mentioned.

Raw

Shelton

Hurricane

Marty Jannetty (even though he hasn't been used, being HBK's friend has perks)

Snitsky

SD

Mexicools

Christian

Booker

Orlando

Regal (being HHH's bud has it's perks as well)

Even the ones you have mentioned are obvious picks to me.

I think guys like Holly, Venis, and the sort are the ones we should look at...and I think both of them are perfectly safe.

I wanted to get the obvious ones out of the way.

Holly is an interesting one. He pretty much is only a lockeroom enforcer, and JBL seems to have that down pat. Perhaps Mr. Holly's usefulness is gone?

What about Haas?

It wouldn't shock me to see Charlie get kicked to the curb, but I hope that doesn't happen.

I doubt Holly will ever be fired. If it hasn't happened by now, I just don't see it happening.

Guest RadioBurning

I would be dissapointed to see Haas go, as I have heard praise of his potential as of late, but have only seen his tags with Holly.

Holly's got seniority. He's safe.

Haas, Grenier, Stevie, Dean, and Tomko are iffy. I'd say Haas and Richards are the most likely to survive out of that group. Due to his roster positioning, you'd think Tomko would be in danger, but he's a hoss, so that helps him out. Simon Dean can survive with a new gimmick.

If Chav, er... Kerwin White's new gimmick bombs, he should look out as well. If he can somehow manage to get over or get a partner, he'll be safe.

I see Danny "Damaja" Basham and Grenier as being in the most trouble. Grenier has Patterson to lobby for him and Damaja has all his OVW buddies. I think these guys probably work cheaper than most of the guys who got cut too.

That's key in looking at this stuff

- How much hossness do you have? (likely to get multiple chances to get over)

- How roided are you? (Vince will mark hard and give you many chances to get over)

- Are you in any programs? (if so, you're safe)

- Who are your backstage friends? (HHH, Taker, Michaels?)

- How big is your contract? (if it's big you might get cut)

- How long have you been in WWE? (If it's 8 years or more you're pretty safe)

- Were you in WCW? (you're probably going to get cut)

Guest Ransome
I see Danny "Damaja" Basham and Grenier as being in the most trouble.  Grenier has Patterson to lobby for him and Damaja has all his OVW buddies.  I think these guys probably work cheaper than most of the guys who got cut too.

Again, after Patterson apparently resigned from the company last year, I doubt he'd in a position to 'lobby' for anybody.

Out of the midcard, I'd say Steven Richards, Al Snow, Rosey (for the time being), Heidenreich, Snitsky and Viscera are safe. Tomko and Nunzio are probably more likely than not to be on the chopping block, given some of the other names that have been released today.

WWE had been known to cut the occasional wrestler that's on TV at the moment or in some program... Jindrak was in the big trade, and I remember them cutting Molly Holly in the middle of a return on TV.

Considering Bob Holly just opened a wrestling school in Mobile, Alabama, I think he knows he's getting the axe.

WWE had been known to cut the occasional wrestler that's on TV at the moment or in some program... Jindrak was in the big trade, and I remember them cutting Molly Holly in the middle of a return on TV.

Id say using the word 'big' is a bit redundant but yeah, thats what I thought, WTF, trade Jindrak and then cut, that makes zero sense. Dumb asses.

I think guys like Holly, Venis, and the sort are the ones we should look at...and I think both of them are perfectly safe.

Seeing as a guy like Billy Gunn, who they constantly tried to push, got released I wouldn't think guys like Bob Holly or Val Venis are safe.

Guest Deadbolt

I'd add Dupree to the list. The seem to want to push him again. Gave him few wins on Velocity, gave him the sumbission finisher and win over Venis on Raw. I'd say he's safe.

Humongous, they can't remotely release Van Dam. Are you kidding? I don't care what he says in interviews (that I doubt WWE even reads or listens to), he and Cena are basically going to have to carry that entire face side of Raw. Raw has an insanely stacked heel side: HHH, Angle, Michaels now, Jericho, Carlito, Edge, etc. On the face side? Cena and not much else...maybe Kane and The Big Show, neither of whom are really all that effective as faces at the moment. I'm not counting Hogan since he's probably just back for a brief period.

I'd add Dupree to the list. The seem to want to push him again. Gave him few wins on Velocity, gave him the sumbission finisher and win over Venis on Raw. I'd say he's safe.

...and now he's gonna feud with Slaughter because he uses the Cobra Clutch as a finisher.

Humongous, they can't remotely release Van Dam.  Are you kidding?  I don't care what he says in interviews (that I doubt WWE even reads or listens to), he and Cena are basically going to have to carry that entire face side of Raw.  Raw has an insanely stacked heel side:  HHH, Angle, Michaels now, Jericho, Carlito, Edge, etc.  On the face side?  Cena and not much else...maybe Kane and The Big Show, neither of whom are really all that effective as faces at the moment.  I'm not counting Hogan since he's probably just back for a brief period.

yikes, I suddenly get the feeling we're going to have a Hogan-ish title run for Cena, with the exception of trading the title a couple of times with HHH...

oh, don't forget Benjamin, when mentioning Raw faces, though it seems the WWE has...

Well I have a hunch Shelton is drifting into either tweener or heel territory so I was hesitant to count him on the face side. If the obvious RVD feud materializes then Shelton would undoubtedly drift into a heel.

Essentially someone needs to turn face on Raw, but I have no idea who it would be. HHH would suck as a face and no one would buy it at this point. Angle will be a tough sell after all the shit he's done this year...the guy is basically a sex offender! Edge is loathed by everyone pretty much.

I suppose they could turn Jericho back to face after this Cena feud. Jericho is screwed either way, he'd be a 3rd tier heel or a 2nd tier face.