TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Cover for Infinite Crisis #1

So...are they ever going to explain what the fuck its actually about?

The current rumors for the plot are:

A. The Kingdom Come Superman engaging in a massive war against the present day DCU so as to negate the KC timeline from existence and bring forth the reality seen in "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" instead.

B. Someone secretly corrupting all of the DCU heroes in order to turn them evil

C. A massive six pile DC Battle Royal between the newly reformed Secret Society of Super-Villains vs the Big Three (Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman) vs the "Satillite JLA" (Hal Jordan, Hawkman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and the Flash) Vs the Giffen JLA (Booster Gold, Fire, Elongated Man, Guy Gardner) Vs Spectre/Eclipso Vs Checkmate with the undercard being Donna Troy vs Brainiac with the stupulation being that if Brainiac wins, he gets to face the winner of "SSOSV vs JLA vs JLA vs JLA vs Spectre/Eclipso vs Checkmate" imeadiately after the fight and the Titans locked in a steel cage outside the ring to keep them from interferring in the match for Donna Troy.

A. The Kingdom Come Superman engaging in a massive war against the present day DCU so as to negate the KC timeline from existence and bring forth the reality seen in "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" instead.

C. A massive six pile DC Battle Royal between the newly reformed Secret Society of Super-Villains vs the Big Three (Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman) vs the "Satillite JLA" (Hal Jordan, Hawkman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and the Flash) Vs the Giffen JLA (Booster Gold, Fire, Elongated Man, Guy Gardner) Vs Spectre/Eclipso Vs Checkmate with the undercard being Donna Troy vs Brainiac with the stupulation being that if Brainiac wins, he gets to face the winner of "SSOSV vs JLA vs JLA vs JLA vs Spectre/Eclipso vs Checkmate" imeadiately after the fight and the Titans locked in a steel cage outside the ring to keep them from interferring in the match for Donna Troy.

Can't say that I care for any of those. And C sounds completely proposterous.

I mean, Fire isn't raped by Max while Booster has to cut off is arm to escape a bear trap while Guy becomes the new Parallax (and Oberon isn't revealed as the evil mastermind).

In case you are wondering why Superman and Batman are staring each other down on the cover

In the first issue of the "Sacrifice" arc. Superman, who's mind is been manipulated by Maxwell Lord, beats the living crap out of Batman thinking that Batman is actually Brainaic, who captured Lois, Jimmy, Lana and Perry and caused Superman to make a mistake that kills them. Superman snapped and was going to kill "Brainaic" but something stopped him from doing it. Superman then regained his senses having no idea what he did and sees that he has blood in his hands. Now the League has Superman cornered inside the Fortress of Solitude. Story continues next week.

Lord did this after Batman vowed to bring Checkmate and OMAC down in OMAC Project #3.

Didn't they JUST DO a variation of those in the "Public Enemies" storyline from issues 1-6 of the "Superman and Batman" book a couple of years ago? (A storyline which is currently being redone on the JLU cartoon?)

The upcoming Wizard has a preview of Infinite Crisis #1 and this is what it showed.

The Freedom Fighters (Damage, Black Condor, Phantom Lady, Human Bomb, Uncle Sam and The Ray) are walking around a factory below Metropolis and when they walk through a door, Sinestro fires a beam right through Black Condor and the next page is an amazing double page spread of Dr. Polaris, Dr. Light, Deathstroke, Zoom, Black Adam, Cheetah, Sinestro, Psycho Pirate and Bizarro.

Also there was a small panel with the big three standing on wreckage. Here's the dialogue:

Batman: You don't belong here, Diana.

Wonder Woman: I was about to tell you the same thing, Bruce.

Batman: People are scared.

Wonder Woman: They should be. The world is going to hell.

Superman: Don't you understand? They're scared of you. (he says this as he walks toward Diana; there is also the silhouette of someone in the background]

Wonder Woman #219, out this week is being pimped like hell since apparently a major major plot twist that sets up the main Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman plot in Infinite Crisis: To save Superman from being used as a killing machine by Max Lord, Wonder Woman is forced to kill Max in cold blood. Which in turn is going to create MASSIVE tension between Supes and Bats and WW, what with Bats and Supes being co-presidents of the "Murder is never allowed" club.

Wonder Woman #219, out this week is being pimped like hell since apparently a major major plot twist that sets up the main Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman plot in Infinite Crisis: To save Superman from being used as a killing machine by Max Lord, Wonder Woman is forced to kill Max in cold blood. Which in turn is going to create MASSIVE tension between Supes and Bats and WW, what with Bats and Supes being co-presidents of the "Murder is never allowed" club.

Seriously that was the best comic this year. The Superman vs Wonder Woman fight was something else. This was also the equivalent of Mick Foley putting over HHH, now everyone is a Wonder Woman mark.

Here is a recap of the issue

Before the issue begins. Maxwell Lord had taken control over Superman to kill Batman before Bats could figure out Max is behind Checkmate and OMAC. Max has Supes believing Batman is a villain who has has just murdered Lois Lane. Superman attacks Batman and if it wasn't for Wonder Woman he would be dead. Martian Manhunter figures out that Max has taken over Superman's mind but he is unable to do anything about it. The JLA decided that it was best to trap Superman in a time loop while they figure out what to do. But before that can happen Max has Superman believe that the rest of the League were the ones that were brainwashed and he takes them out systematically. Superman heads to where Max is located. WW returns from taking Batman to the batcave when she learns what happened. They locate Superman and she heads over there with Batman's kryptonite ring. She confronts Max but is grabbed by Superman

Issue begins

Diana starts by trying to reason with Max, using compassion and understanding to try and show him the error of his ways.

MAX: "Damn....you're good...but you're NOT going to talk this hawk into a dove."

Superman flies at Wonder Woman grabs her and they head toward the sun. Max has Supes believing that Doomsday(Wonder Woman) has just killed Lois.

Wonder Woman goes toe to toe with Superman just above the sun,forcing her fingers into his eyes to block his heat vision after Supes burns part of her face. WW then tries to use Batman's Kryptonite ring to try to subdue Superman but before she can, Supes punches her and she gets knocked right into the Earth itself..

Coming out of the crater she still holds back "kal please..listen to my words....I am not your enemy.."

She is then hit with the full blast of freeze breathe.Then Diana uses her warrior training to eludes Kal long enough to use the concussive force of her gauntlets on his ears. Then a powerhouse kick to the head, then a kick to his kneecap...then she smashes his face into the ground. All of this in attempt to just use her lasso on him to clear his mind if only for a moment.

The two trade blows while Diana tries to use her lasso, she gets a good upper cut in when Kal breaks her wrist. Still as she fights she knows it isnt about Superman but about Max. She dodges even more blows and nurses her wrist before charging Kal who is blasting her with heat vision and kicks him about half a mile with his body breaking the ground.

Diana sets her wrist with her gauntlet and calls for help...from a flock of birds to distract Kal.

Diana goes to the source, Max. She orders him to end it, even as he is tied within lasso he refuses.

Max tells Diana that Kal will keep coming until he kills her or vice versa.

She answers Max as a speeding streak flies at her. "No."

And with one hand she tosses her tiara and slices Superman's throat.

Max frees Kal and tells Diana under the power of the lasso that the only way to stop his control over Superman is to kill him(Max)

Diana pauses and then proceeds to twist and snap Max's neck

Wonder Woman killed Maxwell Lord?

Wow.

DC grew some balls.

Not really, what with the fact that WW is the only one of the Big 3 who's allowed to kill without prejudice and the fact that with recent interviews noting that DC is killing off/perverting members of the Giffen JLA PRECISELY because people love them, it makes me wonder if when they decided to turn Max evil and having him kill Beetle, that it also decided to kill him off so they can have Keith Giffen denounce Countdown/OMAC/Checkmate Max as a malfunctioning robot the next time the Giffen League unites when the whole storyline is done and reader screams for the light-heartedness of the Giffen League overwhelm them after a two plus years of ultra-darkness.

And C sounds completely proposterous.

Really? Given everything that's been written, in the Infinite Countdown miniseries and in various titles leading up to Crisis, Option C seems like EXACTLY where they're going with everything. It all seems to be headed to a massive battle royale between the Society and the DC Heroes.

Sacrifice was an ok arc I guess, but it didn't need 2 superman issues. Also a pain for people who want to follow omac without splashing out (unless you download it).

Speaking of omac, did anybody read batgirl 66? Dear god the art is some of the worst I've seen since Ramos in Spider-man.

Guest JMA

I hope this series is actually connected to the first Crisis, rather than just using the word to show that it's a big deal.

Seriously that was the best comic this year. The Superman vs Wonder Woman fight was something else. This was also the equivalent of Mick Foley putting over HHH, now everyone is a Wonder Woman mark.

Here is a recap of the issue

Thank you. Since I don't read WW, I picked up OMAC #4 and was wondering if there was an issue I'd missed while I was in Hawaii...

Well, I just went down to the local comic shop for the first time in forever and dropped a mint on anything and everything with the Infinite Crisis name.

So far, I've just been reading the OMAC stuff, and I don't know if I like where they're going, nor do I dislike it, since I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen. Either way, it's really enjoyable so far. And it looks to be a hit, what with the multiple printings.

EDIT: Could someone tell me what exactly happened in the last issue of Rebirth, cause I missed it, and they were out.

Mega Combo EDIT: I realize this is almost entirely fanboy talking, but I almost sense a Deathstroke face turn. He was put over hige in Identity Crisis, he was never really THAT super-evil in the grand scheme of things, and I can't see him kowtowing to the whims of the VU for too much longer (he'll do anything for a contract, but he also seems to like to fight mano a mano) Probably just my markishness.

Mega Hyper EDIT Combo Finish!: Did anything happen with Capn Boomerang's son? (evidently the recipient of some speed force?)

Guest Prodigy

DC is offering second printings of all four issues of 'Sacrifice'. Wonder Woman is also getting a new cover by Ladronn. It looks rushed, and contains some spoilers on what happens inside...

Wonder Woman Cover

Mega Hyper EDIT Combo Finish!: Did anything happen with Capn Boomerang's son? (evidently the recipient of some speed force?)

He's the new Captain Boomerang hanging out with the rest of the rogues in the Flash's book.

It was also revealed in the latest Flash issue that he is

Bart Allen's(Impulse/Kid Flash)

half brother

Some more Infinite Crisis spoilers:

There is talk of a big big "Barry Allen"-esque death in the works for Infinite Crisis, with a new character taking the mantle of the dead character.

Some have speculated that it will be a symbollic death for Batman, since the rumor mill has it up that the coming one year gap will have Batman insane and institutionalized while Nightwing takes over as Batman while juggling his life as Nightwing at the same time.

Others have it speculated that Wonder Woman will die and that Cassie (the HHH of the current crop of young heroes) will get promoted to WW status, at least until the Joss Whedon Wonder Woman film comes out and Diana is resurrected to coincide with the WW film's release.

I will drop all

Batman

titles immediately if that happens.

Tough shit. Given that the Batbooks are getting a massive overhaul with IC, most notable change being Legend of the Dark Knight being cancelled and replaced with a new Batbook Batman Confidential and Grant Morrison writing Detective Comics with the Kubert brothers on art, it's most likely going to happen especially when you take into account Morrison being the writer of Arkham Asylum.

And besides, with said scenerio we'll FINALLY get a competantly written Dick Grayson out of the deal and a fun couple of months of

Dick having to play two roles at once