TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The return of Matt Hardy!!!

Guest TheGreatWesuke

I think they could have drawn out the MH angle more by *only* having him appear backstage. Since you couldn't even see his face the first time around people would have been wondering if it was even him or if WWE was trying to pull another fast one.

Just look at all this discussion

Bravo WWE

To be fair, if Edge hadn't worn down Lita on the road leading to her cheating on Matt, none of this would be happening. However if Edge's wife had been a bit more attentive and canny regarding her man, he'd not have strayed. I think we all need to thank Lisa Copeland's negligence for this storyline.

I still don't see why everyone's immediately dismissing the possibility of an invasion storyline here.

The Dudley Boyz have main evented PPVs for the WWE, and there's no way that the marks would be likely to forget about them. If they did have Hardy lead a stable consisting of them and his old MFer Shannon Moore, it could easily get over huge.

They're obviously experimenting with new ideas, as seen by the bWo incident on Smackdown, and the Hardy incident on Raw, and if they think that this could work as an angle, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't pull the trigger on it.

Because it doesn't fit Hardy's MO. He's a spurned lover first and foremost. I doubt that he'd give a shit about other guys that got fired, for the simple fact that his dismissal came about because one of his confidantes stole his girlfriend. No need to complicate things by trying to pass this off as the beginning of some kayfabe invasion. They couldn't do the wCw inVasion right… what makes you think they would do it right this time, especially with third-tier has-beens and never-weres? (Shannon Moore? Gimme a break.)

Just try to enjoy it for what it is.

Because it doesn't fit Hardy's MO. He's a spurned lover first and foremost. I doubt that he'd give a shit about other guys that got fired, for the simple fact that his dismissal came about because one of his confidantes stole his girlfriend. No need to complicate things by trying to pass this off as the beginning of some kayfabe invasion. They couldn't do the wCw inVasion right… what makes you think they would do it right this time, especially with third-tier has-beens and never-weres? (Shannon Moore? Gimme a break.)

Playing devil's advocate........

Hardy said he would make WWE regret what they did to him. What did they do? They released him. Who else did they release? Shannon Moore, one of his good friends, and former partner on TV. Who could they get to help them? Well, all three Dudleyz were released. Spike gave a "srew the WWE" post online, D'Von said he likely won't ever change his mind about wanting to comment on how the WWE released him. Know who else is big, strong and got released by WWE? Matt Morgan. Hardy could contact them for help, but his main goal is to get at Edge. He just needs some help considering he isn't part of WWE.

Again, just saying it is possible to be explained.

Playing devil's advocate........

Hardy said he would make WWE regret what they did to him. What did they do? They released him. Who else did they release? Shannon Moore, one of his good friends, and former partner on TV. Who could they get to help them? Well, all three Dudleyz were released. Spike gave a "srew the WWE" post online, D'Von said he likely won't ever change his mind about wanting to comment on how the WWE released him. Know who else is big, strong and got released by WWE? Matt Morgan. Hardy could contact them for help, but his main goal is to get at Edge. He just needs some help considering he isn't part of WWE.

Again, just saying it is possible to be explained.

Any angle that results in Shannon Moore getting his job back needs to be flushed, asap.

However if Edge's wife had been a bit more attentive and canny regarding her man, he'd not have strayed. I think we all need to thank Lisa Copeland's negligence for this storyline.

Yes, because a woman's only purpose in life is to service her man. :rolleyes:

If he got bored with her that quickly (they've only been married since last October), its his problem, not hers.

The other thing that made me think there might be something to the releases being kayfabed, is that in his last commmentary before his return on Raw, Matt specifically mentioned how he felt for all the guys being released, and suggested that he might reunite with Shannon Moore somewhere down the road. He would be their more to make it look like Hardy was really worried about his old friends that got released, while the Dudleyz would give it the impact and credibility.

I think Hardy's threat was that he'd disrupt RAW as often as possible until he gets what he wants… a shot at Edge. I mean, he was able to thwart arena security enough to get to Edge last night. I don't think he needs Shannon F'N Moore in his quest for vengeance. The story would be better served to have Matt go it alone as a man on a mission against all odds. No underlings necessary.

Besides, the Dudleyz already filled their inVasion quota for the year just before the ECW PPV. It would look kinda silly if they did it all over again, especially just to help out Matt Hardy. And M-M-Matt M-M-Morgan got his shit ruined by a bunch of Mexicans a full two feet shorter than him. The crowd would puke in his lunch pail if he came back.

Just sayin'…

Any type of "invasion of the released" would be PERFECT.......if you want to completely fuck an angle up right out of the gate. The fans want to see Matt get revenge on Edge and Lita, THAT'S ALL. No one wants to see Shannon Moore, no one wants to see the Dudleys, no one wants to see Matt Morgan, they want to see MATT HARDY fight ADAM COPELAND, end of story.

The other thing that made me think there might be something to the releases being kayfabed, is that in his last commmentary before his return on Raw, Matt specifically mentioned how he felt for all the guys being released, and suggested that he might reunite with Shannon Moore somewhere down the road. He would be their more to make it look like Hardy was really worried about his old friends that got released, while the Dudleyz would give it the impact and credibility.

All Hardy did there on that commentary was do a swerve to dispell a thought that he might actually show up on Raw, much like he is STILL doing AFTER the fact of the angle on Monday, by still suggesting he might show up on the TNA ppv. Its all just a swerve, nothing more. He's trying to work us all in believing shit like this, and it must still be apparently working for some of you. I was still believing some sort of possibilities last night (not that the fired people would come back though) but now I'm convinced this is 100% work and there isnt a chance that they released all of those guys just to swerve the fans.

I have to say, though, I have a strong opinion on Hardy after he goes back to the company that just fired a best friend of his last week. I've said it before, I thought Hardy had much more of a backbone than that. Guess he threw his morals and values aside for the bottom dollar. Any commentary I see from him anymore is a load of shit to me though, as him trying to act "real" just doesnt fly anymore.

Any type of "invasion of the released" would be PERFECT.......if you want to completely fuck an angle up right out of the gate.  The fans want to see Matt get revenge on Edge and Lita, THAT'S ALL.  No one wants to see Shannon Moore, no one wants to see the Dudleys, no one wants to see Matt Morgan, they want to see MATT HARDY fight ADAM COPELAND, end of story.

Pretty much, yeah.

I have to say, though, I have a strong opinion on Hardy after he goes back to the company that just fired a best friend of his last week. I've said it before, I thought Hardy had much more of a backbone than that. Guess he threw his morals and values aside for the bottom dollar. Any commentary I see from him anymore is a load of shit to me though, as him trying to act "real" just doesnt fly anymore.

I'm telling ya Jed, we'll all get the last laugh when he's canned again within a year...

I'm telling ya Jed, we'll all get the last laugh when he's canned again within a year...

Hell, I wouldnt even be surprised if he gets released in 3-6 months. I think the steam is going to drop fast and hard on the Edge/Hardy program in due time and then what? Plus as time goes by, nobody is going to care about Hardy since that "real" connection he had with the fans (from the real life situation) will be gone and done.

Oddly enough, this could easily give Kane a new direction.

Look at Kane's past as far as storylines go. Coffee, Dead Bodies, Abortions, Flaming Dumpsters...

They need to bring out the entire 'truth' behind the Matt/Adam/Amy story. They need to have them each tell the audience what happened, and be COMPLETELY TRUTHFUL. Cause in the truthful known scenario, Edge and Lita are total and complete scum, and that will put both of them more over than they ever have been in their careers. Let Matt play the scorned lover that was shown the door...

...then Matt can talk about how he had to deal with losing Lita in a storyline marriage pregnancy to Kane, of all people, and then have Kane do a pseudo-shoot about all the stupid crap he's had to go through, including DDS and Fake Diesel. Let Kane just explode and rant and rave, and say that he hated having to walk around for the past few months having to push fans out of the way screaming out abortions and stealing, when the real theft was going on right over Matt's shoulder.

Kane snaps against the system, in a worked sense, goes to using his real name (or whatever) and plays "himself", and not the bizarro emo machine that he is now that the fans haven't been able to connect to since the night the mask came off. Even with the recent storyline, most of the fans knew of the Matt story, and thus just didn't care that Kane was all sad.

The last time I felt any sense of shit for Kane was when that mask came off, and mostly those feelings were regret that it didn't happen earlier, and that it had to come at the hands of HHH, and that his makeup job was horrendous.

Run with the Hardy storyline, take it as far as it can go. This can be opportunity for Kane, who has...again...been dealing with the rookie Snitsky for months now in storyline. Kane could be a great tweener, be away from the Love Triangle, have a fresh start that he needs, and maybe get the fans to buy him as something more than a storyline clipjob of a character.

Snitsky, as far as I'm concerned, can go to Smackdown and stay there. (And I like the whole 'not my fault' thing, it just wouldn't work in this context)

How will the marks take this? I mean in kayfabe terms Lita was going with Matt again,when Lita was forced to marry Kane last August and Kane chokeslammed Hardy thr a table off the stage during the wedding. SO I suppose they can assume that Matt is angry cuz , Lita was making out with Kane and using him while being with Edge on the side. It's really complicated cuz the non-smart fans will be confused as most may not even know Hardy was released to begin with (unless they read wwe.com only which is highly unlikely). So while all us samrks enjoy good worked-shoots, the marks are left a bit confused. That's why I am shocked Vince has apprantly decided to go forth with this new "era of reality".

The Michaels collapse was a little better than this (that fooled almost everyone), but this is a very, very close 2nd.

I'd put the Cactus Jack/Chainsaw Charlie Dumpster incident up there... only had me fooled because it too up damn near an hour! I thought the would have to be crazy to waste an hour of TV time.

Edit: How can anyone think this is real, especially when they teased it earlier in the night with the recap of the wedding gag? There was no reason to bring it up again.

I hope you're kidding. You mean the incident in which Cactus and Funk fell into the dumpster and a whole bunch of styrofoam peanuts flew into the air? Then when they showed the two of them sitting inside it you could see that it was filled with the styrofoam peanuts. Even Mick Foley bashed that incident as being incredibly bad in his first book.

The Michaels collapse was a little better than this (that fooled almost everyone), but this is a very, very close 2nd.

I'd put the Cactus Jack/Chainsaw Charlie Dumpster incident up there... only had me fooled because it too up damn near an hour! I thought the would have to be crazy to waste an hour of TV time.

Edit: How can anyone think this is real, especially when they teased it earlier in the night with the recap of the wedding gag? There was no reason to bring it up again.

I hope you're kidding. You mean the incident in which Cactus and Funk fell into the dumpster and a whole bunch of styrofoam peanuts flew into the air? Then when they showed the two of them sitting inside it you could see that it was filled with the styrofoam peanuts. Even Mick Foley bashed that incident as being incredibly bad in his first book.

Yea but the best part was cactus and funk returning from the hospital at the end of the show to save owen hart and austin from the hands of dx and the outlaws, while wearing hospital gowns and hitting the rivals with their IV stands.

The amusing thing is on the weekend recap shows they edited that little bit of business, with Cactus and Funk showing up at the end.

I think when they did this Kane/Edge feud and people wanted Matt back I pondered this exact storyline flaw. In storyline Lita was still with Matt but forced to marry Kane. It would take an admission of "This is all bullshit, Lita and Kane were never married" for it to work. I mean yeah everyone KNOWS they weren't married, but this is wrestling and thus pretending is a part of it.

I'd guess that they'll just never mention Lita and Kane's connection and just focus on the Matt/Edge/Lita thing. I assume that most marks have a general understanding in what happened and know that kane and Lita were never married or anything. Otherwise we'd probably hear more "You screwed Kane" chants than "You screwed Matt" ones.

I call it a Necessary Plot Hole. Just like with the ONS buildup, they never mentioned anything about Steph owning ECW. Don't mention things that'll cause confusion and just focus on the parts that get the reaction.

Any type of "invasion of the released" would be PERFECT.......if you want to completely fuck an angle up right out of the gate.  The fans want to see Matt get revenge on Edge and Lita, THAT'S ALL.  No one wants to see Shannon Moore, no one wants to see the Dudleys, no one wants to see Matt Morgan, they want to see MATT HARDY fight ADAM COPELAND, end of story.

I obviously didn't mean that they should do it right now. I was thinking that after Summerslam or Unforgiven, when the Edge feud is over, and Matt's anti-WWE character doesn't have anywhere to go, then they might want to run a small-scale invasion storyline. I wasn't even saying it was a great idea or anything, just somewhere they might go with his character when this loses steam.

I obviously didn't mean that they should do it right now. I was thinking that after Summerslam or Unforgiven, when the Edge feud is over, and Matt's anti-WWE character doesn't have anywhere to go, then they might want to run a small-scale invasion storyline. I wasn't even saying it was a great idea or anything, just somewhere they might go with his character when this loses steam.

They're better off just re-releasing him than running that dumb angle "just to give him direction".

Otherwise we'd probably hear more "You screwed Kane" chants than "You screwed Matt" ones.

The reason you didn't hear any Kane chants during he entire Edge/Kane deal was because no one cared about the angle. How are fans supposed to get behind Kane when he forced Lita to marry him in the first place? Then they turn around and do a face turn for Kane with no explanation or reasoning. We are just supposed to except Kane is a face now because he was abscent. Then Lita all of a sudden likes Kane and is cool with him, but then turns on him. As you can see, quality control in storyline arcs is an issue with creative.

WWE has finally taken their head out of their ass, the Matt/Lita/Edge feud is causing a lot of water cooler talk b/c it is something that is real and now everybody is going to profit from it. As long as they keep it more realistic by letting Matt, RVD, Jericho and even Carlito cut those shoot-like promos from the heart instead of spewing something that was written by a talentless "tv writer" w/o any wrestling experience.

I think you've seen the best of this storyline. Matt can never duplicate what he did last night and really the people involved do nothing for me.

Guest Brian
I think you've seen the best of this storyline. Matt can never duplicate what he did last night and really the people involved do nothing for me.

You're totally underestimating Matt's ability as a promo. Though I doubt WWE can keep this up for more than another show or two, they probably gave Matt a lot of free reign to say things (or at least they reviewed what he planned on saying). He can go stiff and he already throws great punches which help the "shoot" aspect to their matches, though Edge is going to have to bust his ass to do this right.