TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Official NHL Offseason Thread

Habs also re-signed Jan Bulis

Edit: Its Rhett Warnier for 4 years, 9.6 million dollars, not Steven Rehinprecht as I stated earlier.

Guest Rrrsh

Hamerlak looks to be done for Calgary

Gratton is a Pantehr for under a Mill a year.

A a Canuck fan, VERY PISSED we didnt sign Gratton.

Guest Olympic Slam
]

A a Canuck fan, VERY PISSED we didnt sign Gratton.

Good lord, are you sure you didn't mean to type Gretzky?

- Jiri Slegr re-signed with Boston. That guy just keeps on going. Does Energizer need a new mascot? The Energizer Healthy Scratch?

- Sharks are taking Alexander Korolyuk to arbitration in a semi-desperate attempt to bring him back from Russia. They better! He's easily the most exciting player on the team. And with Ricci gone, my new favorite player.

- Ottawa resigned Spezza. When is this guy going to break out? I remember watching the Satellite Hotstove years and years ago and they talked about this guy like he was going to do all the dominating that Daigle never did. Is he buried in Ottawa or is he still learning the ropes? Enligthen those of us (me) who live thousands of miles from Ottawa.

Youre missing my point entirely, most of those concussions are fabricated as in not real. This isnt Steve Young or Troy Aikman here, youre talking about a family and a player with a very shady history for reasons I talked about above. The whole Lindros gets a concussion every time he breathes perception while good for comedy and a punchline (no pun intended...I think) is pretty much a misnomer.

Who are you to say what's real and what isn't. Where is your proof to back up your claims. Concussions are very serious. I've had them before so I can relate. Once you get one serious concussion it doesn't take much to get another. It's a downward spiral for some people. Look at his brother's history.

- Ottawa resigned Spezza.  When is this guy going to break out? I remember watching the Satellite Hotstove years and years ago and they talked about this guy like he was going to do all the dominating that Daigle never did.  Is he buried in Ottawa or is he still learning the ropes? Enligthen those of us (me) who live thousands of miles from Ottawa.

Martin didn't like him for whatever reason, so he'll likely grow a lot this season. I think he's the real deal.

Who are you to say what's real and what isn't. Where is your proof to back up your claims. Concussions are very serious. I've had them before so I can relate. Once you get one serious concussion it doesn't take much to get another. It's a downward spiral for some people. Look at his brother's history

No one is debating whether concussions are serious or not. What I am questioning is the credibility of the Lindros family. The local afternoon drive host down here is EXTREMELY connected in NHL circles among well amost every facet of many organizations around the league including the Flyers. The concussions around 2000 and subsequent holdout were part of a scheme to rob the Flyers organization and try to get a massive settlement like they did for his brother. To sum it up they were extorting the Flyers. There also questions how legitamate Brett Lindros's concussions were as well. You can choose to believe this or not but again the Lindros family (as some inside Canada will tell you and mentioned in this thread) are very sleazy and are always looking for a moneygrabbing oppurtunity.

It all went back to his junior days when he didn't want to play for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in the OHL so he decided to play in Michigan instead.

It all went back to his junior days when he didn't want to play for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in the OHL so he decided to play in Michigan instead.

As for your avatar Baron, there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like Toronto. *sniff sniff sniff*

Who's the player to beat for the Ross and Hart trophies right now?

I'm caling for Iginla to take the Ross, Khabibulin to take the Hart.

No one is debating whether concussions are serious or not. What I am questioning is the credibility of the Lindros family. The local afternoon drive host down here is EXTREMELY connected in NHL circles among well amost every facet of many organizations around the league including the Flyers. The concussions around 2000 and subsequent holdout were part of a scheme to rob the Flyers organization and try to get a massive settlement like they did for his brother. To sum it up they were extorting the Flyers. There also questions how legitamate Brett Lindros's concussions were as well. You can choose to believe this or not but again the Lindros family (as some inside Canada will tell you and mentioned in this thread) are very sleazy and are always looking for a moneygrabbing oppurtunity.

I'll chose not to believe that since Brett has retired from playing the game he loves and would have made more money by playing hockey then feining concussions for a settlement.

Guest Rrrsh
Good lord, are you sure you didn't mean to type Gretzky?

Gratton at 900 K is a Bloody steal. And we could use anotehr center.

The Penguins are going to be stacked ... but other than just a few young guys they're counting on a lot of older players to stay healthy. Leclair & Lemieux are definite injury concerns, and Recchi's not a young'un anymore either.

Jason Arnott signed his QO to stay with the Stars. Meh. I don't really like Jason Arnott, he's never really proven himself outside of his excellent rookie season, he coasts for a good amount of the season.

Marco Sturm and Pat Marleau reupped with the Sharks. I like these signings. Sturm is wildly underrated.

Roberto Luongo will meet with an arbitrator to get a one-year contract signed with the Panthers. After the one-year deal, I doubt he'll still be in south Florida.

Guest Olympic Slam

The Penguins look like one weird team. Sort of a like a poor man's 2001-2002 Red Wings where the roster looked like a reunion of the 1996 All-Star Team. Now that they have Leclair, is Teemu Selanne next to sign? Is Mikael Rehberg back in the North America?

And ditto about Jason Arnott. He (like Gratton and hopefully not Patty Marleau) is another one of those players who was hyped for years and never turned into much (although he was a hoss in the 2000 playoffs with the Devils.) Maybe I'm bitter about Arnott because I loaded up on his rookie cards.

Jason Arnott signed his QO to stay with the Stars. Meh. I don't really like Jason Arnott, he's never really proven himself outside of his excellent rookie season, he coasts for a good amount of the season.

And ditto about Jason Arnott. He (like Gratton and hopefully not Patty Marleau) is another one of those players who was hyped for years and never turned into much (although he was a hoss in the 2000 playoffs with the Devils.) Maybe I'm bitter about Arnott because I loaded up on his rookie cards.

Huh??? The guy was an awesome player with the Devils. The A Line was the most feared line in hockey in the 2000-01 season. Plus how can you rip on a guy who produces 20+ goals and 55-60 points every year and compare him with Chris Gratton. (even though I am no Gratton hater he was pretty much ruined in Philly and his 2nd stint here even though he's become a solid checker)

Huh??? The guy was an awesome player with the Devils.  The A Line was the most feared line in hockey in the 2000-01 season.  Plus how can you rip on a guy who produces 20+ goals and 55-60 points every year and compare him with Chris Gratton. (even though I am no Gratton hater he was pretty much ruined in Philly and his 2nd stint here even though he's become a solid checker)

Because he has so much more talent than he shows. His rookie season in Edmonton had people salivating at the thought of what he could do. Now, he's basically become an inconsistant big man.

I'm drunk, but I swore it just said on the ticker on The Score that Edmonton signed Brewer.

Team Canada's orientation camp opens up.

I'd love to see a Morisson and Bertuzzi line centred by a sniper, a St. Louis, Tanguay, Lecavalier, maybe even a Heatley, despite a poor Worlds.

I really can't see anyone beating Canada in 2006. The 2004 World Cup roster was probably the best Team Canada on paper ever, and that was without Heatley and Bertuzzi.

Because he has so much more talent than he shows. His rookie season in Edmonton had people salivating at the thought of what he could do. Now, he's basically become an inconsistant big man.

Yes he was dissapointing in Edmonton after his rookie year but since then he's been a model of consistency. How could you say otherwise other than your own false perceptions.

Because, coasting along and getting ~20 goals a season isn't what he's capable of. He's perfectly capable of being almost a point per game player, but he slacks off and is lazy and inconsistant.

Because, coasting along and getting ~20 goals a season isn't what he's capable of. He's perfectly capable of being almost a point per game player, but he slacks off and is lazy and inconsistant.

I've watched Arnott play many times and please maybe he didnt meet your expectations but Stephane Richer he's not.

Who's being sarcastic? I've never seen a hockey game with Jason Arnott, obviously. He exists in a world that remains unseen to my eyes. He's unassailable in the eyes of many because of his size and ability to pile up disappointing seasons of ~55 points when he's capable of ~75-80 at least. Of course, I wouldn't know that, since I've never seen him play before.