TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

As an independent without any loyalty to one single party...

I'm watching this and thinking, "Is it just me or does this whole convention sound way more angry and hateful than the DNC?". Maybe I've been watching too much MSNBC and not enough Fox News, but this whole thing sounds kind of asshole-ish.

I'm an independent as well... I find the RNC to be a room full of people that I don't want to be around. It's like they're trying to make me feel bad about something...and I'm not sure what it is.

...I'd apologize to them if they'd just stop yelling at me and let me know what I did wrong.

This all comes across and sounds like a movie depicting the 2008 Republican National Convention. Mitt fuckin' Romney was the best speaker tonight.

EDIT: CAN WE PLEASE STOP MAKING UP DEMOGRAPHICS EVERY FOUR YEARS PLEASE

Hockey Mom? Really? The only place that's even going to help is where people are already locked in as Democrats.

Oh, fuck you for invoking Truman.

"Unlikely path the the vice-presidency"? YEAH, HE WAS A U.S. SENATOR. Morons.

"Let me explain to them what the job involves." Hiring lobbyists to get your town $27 million in federal earmarks?

That sleeping baby also has been passed around from the father to the oldest daughter, to the middle daughter, to Cindy McCain, and then back to the father all through the speech while they took turns standing and taking in applause.

Something about this woman I just don't like...When McCain announced this pick he lost my vote for sure as I was hoping from Romney. However, there's just something about Palin that turns me off, probably the fact that I don't see her as presidential material. I just don't take her very seriously.

I thought earlier today she'd cry during the speech, but now I think she's going to let her hair down part of the way through.

Hot.

I find the RNC to be a room full of people that I don't want to be around.

Yeah. I don't give a fuck what party you are, people are people, its just...that these people don't seem very likable.

Quick shot of a protester being dragged out. Can't let the show be interrupted.

"I was a mayor, our job is to keep the community from being organized in the first place!" When he was doing that stuff you were still teasing your hair and wanting to secede from the country.

I thought earlier today she'd cry during the speech, but now I think she's going to let her hair down part of the way through.

Hot.

Honestly, if I was coaching her, and I say this if I wanted them to knock it out of the park even though I don't, she should do something like "if they want a fight (lets hair down) we're ready for it."

It's an empty gesture, but it's the kind of gesture only a woman can really pull off so they might as well take advantage of the unique weapon they've got.

There have been candidates I like, ones I dislike, but with Palin its not even a matter of like or dislike, the one question I keep asking in my head is "Why is she here?"

I'll give her this much: at least she's giving a better speech than Rudy, who damn near put me to sleep.

Every time she looks down at her cue cards I picture a room full of no less than a dozen forty-somethings putting this speech together on her behalf. She looks overwhelmed.

I'll give her this much: at least she's giving a better speech than Rudy, who damn near put me to sleep.

I didn't have that problem. Pure hypocrisy is like caffeine to me.

Palin is the only person who can get away with "drill baby drill" in this room, since she's the only one who wants the drills in her area.

You bet all these rich folks in the audience would shit NIMBY bricks if the drills set up in their backyards.

TERRORISTS!

And with that, I shut out.

Going after Obama and lying about his record is a bad idea for her. She just put the bull's-eye back on her back.

She's also probably losing a lot of Hillary supporters right now with this wave of standard right-wing propaganda.

Sign in to follow this